CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

21 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

If it only has the content level of H5 it will be an embarrassment all over again.  Halo 5 was panned for its lack of content at launch compared to other games. It took 3 months to get forge.  It took over a year to get assault and oddball. Big team was all forge maps.  Infinite will have had 2 MORE YEARS of development than Halo 5.  If it doesn't launch with orders of magnitude more (and polished) content, all the management at 343 needs to be axed.

I guess I meant current h5 content and more. Atm h5 feels like a full game.

How should zombies behave in Infection gametypes?  What abilities should they have?  

Honestly it's kinda impressive how they made H4 in 2-3 years while also transferring over tech and knowledge from Bungie, building a studio at the same time and using the spaghetti blam engine. The game was obviously complete shit from a design standpoint but the graphical fidelity and amount of content were impressive given the circumstances. It seems things only got worse from that point. 

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Basu said:

Honestly it's kinda impressive how they made H4 in 2-3 years while also transferring over tech and knowledge from Bungie, building a studio at the same time and using the spaghetti blam engine. The game was obviously complete shit from a design standpoint but the graphical fidelity and amount of content were impressive given the circumstances. It seems things only got worse from that point. 

It also seems as if the fidelity had to be decreased just to mimic the "classic" Halo look. I'll just chalk up to 343i having a hard trying to make their games more similar to the aesthetics of the Halo trilogy.

On 8/2/2020 at 4:17 PM, Botheredhat360 said:

I keep hearing disagreement over which halo had what system

I always thought

H1 projectile

H2 hitscan

H3 projectile

Reach Hitscan

And all 343's halo's were hitscan. Is this true?

On 8/2/2020 at 4:21 PM, Basu said:

Yes, but technically there is not "hitscan" in any of the games, it's just relly fast projectiles (at least up to reach, I don't care enough about the dumpster fires that came after)

Not even a mod on a Halo forum or 8 members know wtf they are talking about. 

• Downvote (-1) 4
  • WutFace (+0) 1

1 hour ago, soFireFly said:

how much do y'all think the battle pass is gonna be for this game? 

10$ per season like others 

1 hour ago, Basu said:

yeah the design was shit but the game worked, looked great for end-of-life 360 game and the aiming was actually good. It might have the best aiming of the series really.

1 hour ago, soFireFly said:

how much do y'all think the battle pass is gonna be for this game? 

"free" if you have gamepass. Otherwise it will be whatever the lowest going rate is.  Probably $10/season.

59 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

free" if you have gamepass. Otherwise it will be whatever the lowest going rate is.  Probably $10/season.

The gamepAss will you get you campaign not the battle pass I guarantee you

2 hours ago, Apoll0 said:

yeah the design was shit but the game worked, looked great for end-of-life 360 game and the aiming was actually good. It might have the best aiming of the series really.

"free" if you have gamepass. Otherwise it will be whatever the lowest going rate is.  Probably $10/season.

i could see the fist season having the battlepass mixed into gamepass, but it'll definitely be a separate item

1 hour ago, Reamis25 said:

The gamepAss will you get you campaign not the battle pass I guarantee you

dont understand your negativity to gamepass. you get hundreds of games for the price of 3 in the box for xbox, pc, and mobile

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Craneteam said:

i could see the fist season having the battlepass mixed into gamepass, but it'll definitely be a separate item

dont understand your negativity to gamepass. you get hundreds of games for the price of 3 in the box for xbox, pc, and mobile

Maybe because there’s games out there you pay for and have a BP that cost $$.

2 hours ago, Apoll0 said:

I will always stan Halo 4 ProMod. Remember, it was and still kind of is the only Halo where you could mod everything we want adjusted into the gametype, meaning nothing beyond the standard download of the gametype was needed. Proper strafe acceleration, no utility weapon spread or bloom, custom aim assist and magnetism values for each weapon, custom damage values for each weapon, and other stuff I forget.

But y'all wouldn't shut your faces up about the rest of the game. I guess it's never enough for the competitive community to have virtually everything they could want from a classic styled Halo, sans the graphics. Millions of people have to play like they did back in 2007 or something's just inherently wrong about it. :sleeping:

Though I think this was back during The Halo Council days. But the attitude hasn't ever changed since then. Me and my mates, we had a riot with ProMod all the way until we mained Destiny. Other people from here complained for the fuck of it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

5 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Maybe because there’s games out there you pay for and have a BP that cost $$.

QrE1VDr.gif

no idea what that has to do with gamepass. halo mp will be free to play. you wont even need xbl gold since that is going away. so it kinda makes sense that they will implement a free to play economy

• Thonking (+0) 1

2 minutes ago, Craneteam said:

QrE1VDr.gif

no idea what that has to do with gamepass. halo mp will be free to play. you wont even need xbl gold since that is going away. so it kinda makes sense that they will implement a free to play economy

The Gamepass  is so people can get campaign, the BP is infinite’s alone. You act as if infinite is the only thing going to gamepass, when it’s not. 

5 hours ago, Boyo said:

How should zombies behave in Infection gametypes?  What abilities should they have?  

They should be based on the flood of course.  The should have little jiggly puffs that come out and swarm you.  As they swarm you, they should be playing the song Zombie by the Cranberries.  Each one should be playing it as it's own sound source.  If you aren't using cardio, you turn into a zombie.  Always use cardio. Step 1.  You should always have to double tap to get kills.    

• Fire (+1) 1

Halo Infinite's campaign will cost forty dollars. Multiplayer is free, season pass will be ten dollars.

Forge may be bundled with Multiplayer, but there is a chance that it may cost money; an extra twenty dollars. The former will have a substantial jump from Halo 5's iteration, which may give 343 reason to make it a purchasable product in and of itself, considering it would be Map Dev Kit Lite. Playing and downloading maps won't cost a dime through custom games, but actively editing and changing them may result in said purchase requirement.

You can't deny not seeing them do this.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thonking (+0) 1

27 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Halo Infinite's campaign will cost forty dollars. Multiplayer is free, season pass will be ten dollars.

Forge may be bundled with Multiplayer, but there is a chance that it may cost money; an extra twenty dollars. The former will have a substantial jump from Halo 5's iteration, which may give 343 reason to make it a purchasable product in and of itself, considering it would be Map Dev Kit Lite. Playing and downloading maps won't cost a dime through custom games, but actively editing and changing them may result in said purchase requirement.

You can't deny not seeing them do this.

The only thing that I can’t see is that Forge would be in such a finished and feature-packed stage that they could justify charging for it. I can see, however, that it would be released late.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Craneteam said:

QrE1VDr.gif

My prediction is campaign and forge are behind the paywall. MM and customs free. But they may have certain features like firefight as well behind the pay wall. 

1 hour ago, Faeyrin said:

I will always stan Halo 4 ProMod. Remember, it was and still kind of is the only Halo where you could mod everything we want adjusted into the gametype, meaning nothing beyond the standard download of the gametype was needed. Proper strafe acceleration, no utility weapon spread or bloom, custom aim assist and magnetism values for each weapon, custom damage values for each weapon, and other stuff I forget.

But y'all wouldn't shut your faces up about the rest of the game. I guess it's never enough for the competitive community to have virtually everything they could want from a classic styled Halo, sans the graphics. Millions of people have to play like they did back in 2007 or something's just inherently wrong about it. :sleeping:

Though I think this was back during The Halo Council days. But the attitude hasn't ever changed since then. Me and my mates, we had a riot with ProMod all the way until we mained Destiny. Other people from here complained for the fuck of it.

We to be fair it still had cancer like nade hitmarkers, shit spawns, no descope, a pretty bad forge compared to Reach, power ups that have to be actually picked up (lmao 343),garbage sandbox and other issues. I liked H4 customs but essentially calling people who didn't like it nostalgiafags is a little short sighted. 

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

The only thing that I can’t see is that Forge would be in such a finished and feature-packed stage that they could justify charging for it. I can see, however, that it would be released late.

tenor (2).gif

• Simms (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Faeyrin said:

I don't remember us being able to change anything about strafe acceleration, but you could adjust the speed to exact values not normally listed in the menus that made movement feel better. Promod did make players like 80% smaller, though.

and made camo'd players explode into confetti every few seconds

• Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, Basu said:

We to be fair it still had cancer like nade hitmarkers, shit spawns, no descope, a pretty bad forge compared to Reach, power ups that have to be actually picked up (lmao 343),garbage sandbox and other issues. I liked H4 customs but essentially calling people who didn't like it nostalgiafags is a little short sighted. 

Descope is one of the features that makes Halo right and I don't think it gets enough attention.  Halo without descope isn't really halo.