CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

On 8/1/2020 at 9:37 AM, Reamis25 said:

I mean coliseum was good from h5 

Coliseum has the same blueprint as Midship Onslaught and Amp. 343 made a "copy" map and nothing truly original. They've never made a good map. Or good game for that matter.

15 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

Because majority of the fan base loves the H3 BR. The h3 design is the best design it’s had too. 

If we were to be using actual factual information...

• Downvote (-1) 3

6 hours ago, timeforkoalas said:

It's just a gametype... a gametype that happens to fit pretty well within the Halo universe out of the box. The only major change to core gameplay I can imagine is the need for projectile weapons, which most people in here favor anyway. I don't see how it "bastardizes" Halo any more than Invasion, Infection, SWAT, Warzone, etc.

Oh, and it happens to be a gametype that has massive popular appeal and is the gametype of choice for streamers. Look at Call of Duty Warzone as an example for how much the gametype can impact a game's player base. It could attract a ton of new players to the game, and those players may dip their toes into the also free Arena multiplayer to practice because trying to quickly improve your gun skills in a BR is frustrating.

The one big downside I can see is that it so popular it distracts from the core Arena multiplayer because 343 is putting all of its time and attention on it as it is the money maker. If it doesn't live up to the hype and not that many people are playing it, well... it's just another gametype and we'll still have Arena. It seems to me like a risk worth taking.

You make some good points. But what I see is,if someone wants to play BR, he will go for fortnite, or bubg, if he wants to play on huge maps with many different wehicles, he will go for battlefield...etc. If ppl will play Halo, well it's because it's Halo. Any half assed abomination of battle royale (because that's what 343 mostly do) will atract some players, but they will be gone back to other games in no time. I don't think this is the way how to revive the franchise.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Toastomgi said:

Coliseum has the same blueprint as Midship Onslaught and Amp. 343 made a "copy" map and nothing truly original. They've never made a good map. Or good game for that matter.

If we were to be using actual factual information...

You do realize the h2&3 br are the same thing in terms of design right? 

• Downvote (-1) 2

3 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

You do realize the h2&3 br are the same thing in terms of design right? 

Um

Visually different. Slightly.

Mechanics are different.

H2 Hitscan

H3 Lead

• Downvote (-1) 2

6 minutes ago, Toastomgi said:

Um

Visually different. Slightly.

Mechanics are different.

H2 Hitscan

H3 Lead

Ok your point? And slightly? Bruh stfu they’re basically the same. And in every irritation so far it’s been hitscan, except h3 and infinite most likely will be the same 

• Downvote (-1) 2

8 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Ok your point? And slightly? Bruh stfu they’re basically the same. And in every irritation so far it’s been hitscan, except h3 and infinite most likely will be the same 

H1 is lead.

8 hours ago, Hemlax said:

Yeah let's bastardise Halo even more. Let's make Battle royale. And what about Mario kart style racing with ghost, warthogs and mongooses, that could work too. Or maybe hero shooter with all the characters we know.

I think custom games with expanded options is more than enough.

That all sounds pretty fun tho, better than arena at least.

Why free to play is good.

TLDR: higher population, better support than ever. 
1. Higher population than ever: People are more inclined to play and stay on a free to play game.
2. Constant support: look I get you hate MTX period even if it’s cosmetic, but this is for the best. Let’s just hope it’s like mcc battle pass where you can go back and earn the shit you failed to earn before the new season. But the constant pouring of $$ will get us updates that are quick and of decent-good quality, you know like some other games we know of. Fortnite, call of duty. The fact is these games get lots of updates that usually are good content wise. Only thing that’s ever frustrating in them are balance changes, which are easily fixed.
3. Returning players: If the launch leaves a bad taste people will return the game and NEVER return. Doesn’t mAtter it an update 4 months later makes it the best game ever they won’t know, they won’t care etc. but if it’s free they’ll be a little interested now to reinstall, there’s no fault on their part. 
4. Ranked games: if you’re like me you enjoy playing rank in halo but know past a certain rank you can’t find games, you match the same players over and over, unbalanced matches because the games population is so ridiculously low where party matching isn’t even a thing. 
5. A higher view status on YouTube and twitch. This helps a game gain revenue too so even greater support. 

6. I can see cheaters being a problem, but I say it’s not that big a deal, we just need a quality anti cheat equivalent to what valorant has. Riot does a good job combating cheaters.

7. I do agree that people who buy the full game should get the first few seasons of the BP free, maybe even an exclusive skin or armor piece.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I've changed my mind a fair bit on what a perfect utility would be. 

- 0.6 second minimum TTK

- Minimum 3SK

- 1.4 second maximum perfect TTK

- Maximum 7SK (3 shots strip shields, 4 bodyshots kill)

- Single-shot (preferably a DMR)

- Projectile (HCE's pistol is 210 world units per second, I'd make it about 240-260 world units per second)

- Zero magnetism, no reticle magnetism either

- 15 round magazine

- 2x zoom

- Zero recoil/bloom/spread

Put this up against a significantly faster BMS and significantly faster strafe acceleration, and you have an average TTK that's around 1.4-1.6 seconds, along with a TTK delta of over 100%. I'm fairly happy with that. 

Dumb as it sounds, I'd be sad to see the BR go. Rather than having it removed entirely, I'd design it distinctly enough to set itself aside from the DMR, and relegate it to being a spawn weapon in certain non-core gamemodes where it isn't redundantly trying to compete with the DMR. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll never understand why H3 players call the H3 BR's mechanics 'lead'.

Like, lead, as in the heavy metal that was commonly used in paint before being banned in 1978 because it was discovered to be poisonous? Lead, as in what is commonly associated to be what bullets were made of?

OOHHHH.... you mean TO lead as in what what you DO(verb) with your PROJECTILE bullets. So that is what they mean... alright. I think that I am starting to understand now.

So the better and more clear way to describe H3's mechanics is that it has projectile bullets (not lead WTF lol). And that how you get your projectile shots to hit against moving targets is to then lead* your shots ahead of where the target is moving. (* proper word application here as a verb). It all makes sense now.

LMAO I have always thought the H3 term was funny.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

32 minutes ago, SMARTAN 427 said:

I'll never understand why H3 players call the H3 BR's mechanics 'lead'.

Like, lead, as in the heavy metal that was commonly used in paint before being banned in 1978 because it was discovered to be poisonous? Lead, as in what is commonly associated to be what bullets were made of?

OOHHHH.... you mean TO lead as in what what you DO(verb) with your PROJECTILE bullets. So that is what they mean... alright. I think that I am starting to understand now.

So the better and more clear way to describe H3's mechanics is that it has projectile bullets (not lead WTF lol). And that how you get your projectile shots to hit against moving targets is to then lead* your shots ahead of where the target is moving. (* proper word application here as a verb). It all makes sense now.

LMAO I have always thought the H3 term was funny.

You gonna make halo infinite evolved😂😂😂

• Downvote (-1) 1

I really hope there’s “permanent” classic playlist that don’t play like ass.(you know slow bms or strafe accel). Or a match composer that gives us the option of no sprint,clamber, and slide. Or course this can only work if the maps are built to a point where not having these traits just breaks it. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

@_Synapse I prefer the semi automatic utility weapon to have a relatively small magazine, 3 perfect kills, with a relatively fast reload.  The Magnum’s aesthetic is a better fit for these properties.  

@Reamis25 why are you arguing with your alt?

Anyway, I think Infinite should definitely follow the way MCC has been handling battle pass. I've been really enjoying it. I really wonder how they're gonna be making money then because I'm pretty sure Halo players will flip shit if certain armor is locked behind a paywall. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

@Reamis25 why are you arguing with your alt?

Anyway, I think Infinite should definitely follow the way MCC has been handling battle pass. I've been really enjoying it. I really wonder how they're gonna be making money then because I'm pretty sure Halo players will flip shit if certain armor is locked behind a paywall. 

It gives me purpose. 
Umm by mcc BP I meant how it works but I think they should sell it for 10$. I think skins is all it should have but I imagine it’ll hold armors as well.

god this tencent guy is a troll. Reminds me of beast whom would like ice princess every post and disliked everyone else’s who opposed 

• Downvote (-1) 2

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

@_Synapse I prefer the semi automatic utility weapon to have a relatively small magazine, 3 perfect kills, with a relatively fast reload.  The Magnum’s aesthetic is a better fit for these properties.  

Fast reload yes, but why only 3 perfect kills? I always thought that a utility weapon should hit the significant number of at least 4 perfect kills in one magazine so that an individual player with extremely good aim can kill an entire team of careless opponents, without being held back by a reload animation. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Toastomgi said:

The problem I have with 343 is they have never offered us anything new with their Halo games in terms of progressing the franchise.

H1 H2 H3 reach

all had new utility weapons with new mechanics.

H4 had h2 weapons and mechanics and reach weapon and mechanics. H5 had h1 weapons and h2 mechanics

They have no idea what they are doing. They are remaking Halos. Literally.

And shitty.

LMAO what is this :simms:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1

Just now, _Synapse said:

Fast reload yes, but why only 3 perfect kills? I always thought that a utility weapon should hit the significant number of at least 4 perfect kills in one magazine so that an individual player with extremely good aim can kill an entire team of careless opponents, without being held back by a reload animation. 

You can carry another weapon as well as throw grenades and melee.  Three kills per mag is alright with me, especially when coupled with a fast reload.  

3 hours ago, Toastomgi said:

H2 Hitscan. H3 Lead.

Bungie games were all projectile - even Reach. 343 Halos have all been true hitscan tech. 

• Like (+1) 1

@_Synapse Why do you want another remade Halo?

1 hour ago, Knighty Knight said:

Bungie games were all projectile - even Reach. 343 Halos have all been true hitscan tech. 

Lead is a term that has been used since Halo 1. To identify leading your shots for bullets to reg. Also a term used by Bungie.

• Downvote (-1) 2

I keep hearing disagreement over which halo had what system

I always thought

H1 projectile

H2 hitscan

H3 projectile

Reach Hitscan

And all 343's halo's were hitscan. Is this true?

• Upvote (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Botheredhat360 said:

I keep hearing disagreement over which halo had what system

I always thought

H1 projectile

H2 hitscan

H3 projectile

Reach Hitscan

And all 343's halo's were hitscan. Is this true?

Yes, but technically there is not "hitscan" in any of the games, it's just relly fast projectiles (at least up to reach, I don't care enough about the dumpster fires that came after)