CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

23 minutes ago, Xandrith said:

It really could work. All the parts are there, thematically and otherwise.

Except there's one big problem we've had for nearly twenty years. Which means it will be dog.

1 hour ago, Snipe Three said:

Honestly the majority of the feedback was about the graphics. Generally people like the art style but the detail is lacking.

Oh for fuck sake so somehow caring about graphics has seeped in here too? Comon beyond you were better than that.

9 minutes ago, KurtiZ said:

Oh for fuck sake so somehow caring about graphics has seeped in here too? Comon beyond you were better than that.

I mean it's just low-hanging fruit. I think if we all saw gameplay we were overjoyed with, no one here would really moan too much about the graphics.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/31/2020 at 4:35 PM, Botheredhat360 said:

The game is cringe is what I was trying to say, I fully agree the game will be worse as it is Free To Play

I just wanted to say TF2 is just fucking cringe lol.

Calling things cringe is cringe

Hahahhaa remember H5 warzone

343 fully just made a MTX system and then made a game mode around the MTX system and they all fell for it.

• Like (+1) 1

I’d rather be on a team of 3 against 14 other teams than a team of 24 against 1 team. When teams get too large, individual impact is reduced too much and the game isn’t as enjoyable for me. That’s a big reason why I’d take some kind of BR of any sort of warzone, even if I don’t like certain other aspects of BRs.

• Like (+1) 1

" I hope that infinite has a super meter that fills up by getting kills, multis, etc that we can use to unleash our ultimates. For instance, dual wielding BRs for a short time."

• WutFace (+0) 2

1 hour ago, _Synapse said:

We need 24v24 before we need BR or Warzone

Yeah I think you're right. A big complaint of H5 was that they shafted BTB. I think focusing on the classic BTB experience would be a smart move.

3 hours ago, Larry Sizemore said:

Warzone was the most enjoyable corner of H5 matchmaking. It had its moments, but arena was just that bad.

Warzone sucked ass. Warzone Assault was alright though

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Larry Sizemore said:

Warzone was the most enjoyable corner of H5 matchmaking. It had its moments, but arena was just that bad.

Warzone Assault was uniquely horrendous. Without the side objective of killing targets to distract the 24 players it really is not good; a literal online meatgrinder with a constant stream of players funneled to the same area. It made me appreciate the effort that went into the default mode so now I tend to look back on Warzone with a few fond memories. It also wasn't the worst iteration of online Firefight if I'm honest. Could be pretty challenging at times, although I didn't like the reliance on reqs to kill certain targets fast enough to continue.

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, Jake Teh Nub said:

Warzone sucked ass. Warzone Assault was alright though

I was a huge fan of it until they increased the rate of getting req points. Then it was decent until they added all the cheaper vehicles. Seemed like everyone was just spawning ghosts way too fast every game without needing to put in any effort. 

Edit: Talking about warzone assault specifically. Normal warzone sucked dicks. 

Yeah let's bastardise Halo even more. Let's make Battle royale. And what about Mario kart style racing with ghost, warthogs and mongooses, that could work too. Or maybe hero shooter with all the characters we know.

I think custom games with expanded options is more than enough.

10 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

Because majority of the fan base loves the BR. The h2 design is the best design it’s had too. 

Just like they loved the old rocket launcher, pistol and shotgun. Didnt stop 343 from deleting those.

Also real talk, there isnt really an artistic consistency with any of the weapons. Like at all.

I like Warzone. Hope Infinite has Warzone 2.0 with higher playercounts, bigger maps and a bigger vehicle sandbox. 

5 hours ago, Hemlax said:

Yeah let's bastardise Halo even more. Let's make Battle royale. And what about Mario kart style racing with ghost, warthogs and mongooses, that could work too. Or maybe hero shooter with all the characters we know.

I think custom games with expanded options is more than enough.

It's just a gametype... a gametype that happens to fit pretty well within the Halo universe out of the box. The only major change to core gameplay I can imagine is the need for projectile weapons, which most people in here favor anyway. I don't see how it "bastardizes" Halo any more than Invasion, Infection, SWAT, Warzone, etc.

Oh, and it happens to be a gametype that has massive popular appeal and is the gametype of choice for streamers. Look at Call of Duty Warzone as an example for how much the gametype can impact a game's player base. It could attract a ton of new players to the game, and those players may dip their toes into the also free Arena multiplayer to practice because trying to quickly improve your gun skills in a BR is frustrating.

The one big downside I can see is that it so popular it distracts from the core Arena multiplayer because 343 is putting all of its time and attention on it as it is the money maker. If it doesn't live up to the hype and not that many people are playing it, well... it's just another gametype and we'll still have Arena. It seems to me like a risk worth taking.

• Like (+1) 1

The problem I have with 343 is they have never offered us anything new with their Halo games in terms of progressing the franchise.

H1 H2 H3 reach

all had new utility weapons with new mechanics.

H4 had h2 weapons and mechanics and reach weapon and mechanics. H5 had h1 weapons and h2 mechanics

They have no idea what they are doing. They are remaking Halos. Literally.

And shitty.

• Downvote (-1) 3
  • Thonking (+0) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

1 hour ago, HeX Reapers said:

Did we play the same game?

Pistol with hitscan. Its like a pre CE catastrophe.

If Halo were to truly progress with weapons and mechanics it would have to pick up where H3 left off and be lead based. BR. I think thats how Bungie truly intended on making Halo. Which I was actually expecting when I bought H4. Only to be welcomed by the H2 hitscan BR. H3>H2 reskin H4

42 minutes ago, Toastomgi said:

Pistol with hitscan. Its like a pre CE catastrophe.

Ce perfect ttk is 0.6, h5 pistol ttk is 1.3

37 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Ce perfect ttk is 0.6, h5 pistol ttk is 1.3

Ok. Idk where this information is relevant to my post or why you posted that information

• Downvote (-1) 2