CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

1 minute ago, theslatcher said:

There'll be microtransactions. As for "will not include real-money loot boxes", that could mean you buy currency and tada, the loot boxes are bought with our made up currency that isn't basically your real money, no shut up.

Just under a year ago they were hiring for a Live Design Lead, who would focus on "AAA Player Investment Experience"(which includes microtransactions).

they might give lootboxes as battle pass rewards, but i could see all the cool H3 armors becoming 9.99 a pop or LoL style skins with skin lines and chromas for you character and weapons

22 minutes ago, Craneteam said:

IFULLfZ.png

this is giving me H5 and its 2 years to make meaningful changes vibes. i want to be excited for this game but all i feel is dread:mj:

Yea we are not launching with Big Team Battle or Oddball.  Please give me a break 343. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't think loot boxes will be a thing because that's been getting a lot of hate from gamers lately. Rocket League went from loot boxes to direct purchase because some countries were outright banning games from having loot boxes due to gambling reasons. 

There will absolutely be skins or other DLC that will have a direct purchase, and/or a battle pass system that you know what you will unlock by buying it

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, RatherSilentMr said:

Yea we are not launching with Big Team Battle or Oddball.  Please give me a break 343. 

Another unpopular opinion... oddball is a snoozefest to both play and watch and we were better off without it in HCS. A BR mode will more or less take the place of BTB even if both are in the game because everyone will be playing the BR mode.

• Downvote (-1) 2
  • WutFace (+0) 4
  • Salt (-1) 3

Just now, Hully said:

I'm honestly so sick and tired of games that are basically still in development launching a year or two before they're actually ready. 

Me too.  This industry has really bad habits. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

My prediction is this for the MTX in h6.

a 10$ battle pass that like other games happens every 3 months(usually games go by seasons and after 3 months a new one begins)  I also think they’ll keep the mcc model though where you can still unlock things from the previous season. 
I also think they’ll have currency points players can purchase and earn(maybe but will be a grind) where they can purchase individual skins or something in that order.

skins will no doubt be weapons and vehicles.

• Downvote (-1) 1

13 minutes ago, Hully said:

I'm honestly so sick and tired of games that are basically still in development launching a year or two before they're actually ready. 

i mean the whole gaming industry is basically shifted to $60 early access games unfortunately. its the nature of the "live service" model

23 minutes ago, Hully said:

I'm sort of surprised its like this. I guess people still buy games who don't know any better but the number of my actual purchases for new games at full price is hitting an all time low because of it. I just buy most good games a couple of years later when they actually work and are complete at this point and its fine. There are so many single player games or FPS titles that I probably would've tried but they're dead before I'm willing to pay for them now just because I know they aren't finished when they're new

Just now, Snipe Three said:

I'm sort of surprised its like this. I guess people still buy games who don't know any better but the number of my actual purchases for new games at full price is hitting an all time low because of it. I just buy most good games a couple of years later when they actually work and are complete at this point and its fine. There are so many single player games or FPS titles that I probably would've tried but they're dead before I'm willing to pay for them now just because I know they aren't finished when they're new

queue gamepass commercial

18 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

Exactly right. Games launching in an unfinished state just makes me appreciate the fully functional games even more.

I’m pretty sure like h5 all dlc will be free. But if they have campaign dlc that may not be the case.

• Downvote (-1) 1

5 hours ago, Aphex Twin said:

H1 4v4 is better than h2 4v4, h3 4v4, etc... (of course, h1 2v2 is better than h1 4v4).

Sprint damages Halo's gameplay just as much as H3's BR.

I wouldnt buy a Halo game that plays like H3, even if sprint/advanced movement isn't present. 

H2A plays better than H3.

Pit and Narrows are the worst maps ever to be used in Halo esports. 

Team slayer is H3's worst gametype, MLG should have dropped all TS gametypes.

Halo 4 and 5 would have been much better with cod-like kill times. 

Ghost's H4 settings were trash, pretty much H3 with sprint.

Actually agree with every single point made on this list. Some might seem outrageous to people but I feel like there are strong arguments for each one of those for me personally.

@AArkham eh, people speak about the negatives because that's what concerns them. You probably know I am not excited for this game at all but I was saying a bunch of pages back that 120fps multiplayer is expected and them actually delivering that is a good thing, because we know the hardware of the series X can do it - maybe not at 4K but who cares, frames > resolution for shooters, if we are lucky the 120 mode runs at 1440p and not 1080p but that would just be a nice bonus.
Same with f2p, that could actually make me test the game, especially if they have a server browser.

Some people here might be all negative saying they just want the game to fail and while I don't think it adds much to the discussion saying that everybody here is only trying to see the negatives is a stretch, yes we mostly talk about negatives because that's what you want them to change right? (Not saying this forum has any impact, and ofc it's subjective).

tl:dr: 120fps and f2p multiplayer are great news, but I think everybody agrees so that's why there is no big discussion about it while the negative things are more polarizing

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, theslatcher said:

There'll be microtransactions. As for "will not include real-money loot boxes", that could mean you buy currency and tada, the loot boxes are bought with our made up currency that isn't basically your real money, no shut up.

Just under a year ago they were hiring for a Live Design Lead, who would focus on "AAA Player Investment Experience"(which includes microtransactions). 

It just means you won't be buying a box or pack without knowing what is inside. Instead you will either buy items or directly or buy a battle pass where again there is no rng on if you get the item you want or not.

17 hours ago, SpitFlame said:

Confess your unpopular Halo opinions.

ydl1ehddnxv21.png

-Haven and Zealot are not "good" maps. As well as any other map that's basically just a large outer ring filled with long boring hallways designed for sprint. Countdown and Abandon were the best maps in those respective games. 
-Default Reach is easily the worst and least competitive Halo experience, period.
-No-sprint H4 with competitive settings was actually mildly fun. H4 would have done a lot better and viewed more fondly if this was available at launch, in addition to proper ranks and better maps.
-H2 4v4 is the best 4v4 Halo experience. Anything past 2v2s in CE, while still incredibly fun. gets too crazy for me to take super seriously.  
-Totz was underrated. :lxthul:

• Like (+1) 1

"... multiplayer will be free to play and support 120 FPS on Xbox Series X"

Why specify 'Series X'? 

I wonder if Infinite will only be F2P on Series X. Xbox One & PC will have to pay? 

Wouldnt put it past M$.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Aphex Twin said:

"... multiplayer will be free to play and support 120 FPS on Xbox Series X"

Why specify 'Series X'? 

I wonder if Infinite will only be F2P on Series X. Xbox One & PC will have to pay? 

Wouldnt put it past M$. 

They specify series x so people don't think their launch xbox ones will run the game at 120 fps

• Like (+1) 9

16 hours ago, SpitFlame said:

Confess your unpopular Halo opinions.

ydl1ehddnxv21.png

The BR sucks as a main weapon, the DMR would be far better but they haven't figured that out yet.

I love Narrows CTF, probably my favorite game type ever.

Halo 2 is overrated because button glitches, its the only thing that makes it better than Halo 3 (which I also think is overrated but thats not an unpopular opinion)

13 minutes ago, Joseph said:

Wow. This is massive.

Halo is now infinite...

1 minute ago, Jake Teh Nub said:

F2P made TF2 100x worse and I don't think Halo will be any different

Who the fuck seriously cares about TF2 tho

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1