CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

I don't really understand how much money they're expecting to make with a budget as big as theirs is rumored to be while having F2P multiplayer and no lootboxes. Halo 5's population is shit and they still made an absolutely disgusting amount of money off of REQs.

• Upvote (+1) 1

11 hours ago, SpitFlame said:

Confess your unpopular Halo opinions.

ydl1ehddnxv21.png

I find the CE magnum a little too easy to aim with. I don't know what it is, could be modern aiming, 60FPS, or different registration. 

In fact, it's probably the utility weapon from the original trilogy that I'm the best with. Before the CEA PC launch and the following update, nearly every single kill I got was limited to a 3SK-4SK. 

Of course, I didn't play anyone particularly skilled or in a proper 2v2, but even against strafing opponents of decent skill level, I was barely ever dropping more than 5 shots. 

It's part of the reason why I was in disbelief at CE players about a year or two ago when I first heard the claim that the CE pistol was the most skillful utility. Thank god that phase passed 

15 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

Sprint damages Halo's gameplay just as much as H3's BR.

Is this really unpopular? Or, did you mean it in the inverse: "H3's BR is just as detrimental to Halo's gameplay as Sprint."?

16 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

H1 4v4 is better than h2 4v4, h3 4v4, etc... (of course, h1 2v2 is better than h1 4v4).

Sprint damages Halo's gameplay just as much as H3's BR.

I wouldnt buy a Halo game that plays like H3, even if sprint/advanced movement isn't present. 

H2A plays better than H3.

Pit and Narrows are the worst maps ever to be used in Halo esports. 

Team slayer is H3's worst gametype, MLG should have dropped all TS gametypes.

Halo 4 and 5 would have been much better with cod-like kill times. 

Ghost's H4 settings were trash, pretty much H3 with sprint.

I actually agree with most of these. Few exceptions though. I'd take H2 4v4 over H1 4v4, but H1 2v2 over H2 4v4. Also I hate pit and narrows but lets not forget that Gemini was once used in an MLG that TMG won.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

"H3's BR is just as detrimental to Halo's gameplay as Sprint."?

Yeah, that's a better way to word it.

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

I don't really understand how much money they're expecting to make with a budget as big as theirs is rumored to be while having F2P multiplayer and no lootboxes. Halo 5's population is shit and they still made an absolutely disgusting amount of money off of REQs.

There are going to be mircotransactions just not lootboxes. As long as they are able to retain players they will make a ton.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, infraction said:

There are going to be mircotransactions just not lootboxes. As long as they are able to retain players they will make a ton.

This is great so when the game inevitably loses 90% of its population by New Year's, 343 will be going bankrupt before they can conveniently add in Forge mode 5 years from now.

This free 2 play thing might be a good thing after all because they won't be making any money :laughing:

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, infraction said:

There might even be P2W bullshit like Warzone again just not RNG boxes. Their wording is intentionally vague as always. 

Thanks for confessing to your unpopular Halo opinions, everyone. None of you are forgiven. Now suffer the burden of conscience.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Hooked 2

2 hours ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

Is this really unpopular? Or, did you mean it in the inverse: "H3's BR is just as detrimental to Halo's gameplay as Sprint."?

1 hour ago, Aphex Twin said:

Yeah, that's a better way to word it.

I disagree. H3 BR is more detrimental than any iteration of sprint. I don’t like sprint, but at least it isn’t random.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Salt (-1) 1

2 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

It’s called a battle pass, skins. This shit will sell. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

I just feel it in my bones they're making a battle royale mode. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

I just feel it in my bones they're making a battle royale mode. 

You can bet your last Ten Cents that they will re-use one of the lager open world portions of the campaign assets and turn it into a BR.   I'm even guessing outer hexagons will start dropping off and thats how the ring closes in. 

• Thonking (+0) 1

Who the fuck downvoting my shit, I’m right. I have evidence. This ain’t up for debate! 

1 minute ago, Reamis25 said:

Who the fuck downvoting my shit, I’m right. I have evidence. This ain’t up for debate! 

I think its another Toast alt account

5 minutes ago, RatherSilentMr said:

I think its another Toast alt account

Oh probably.

with That aside I think it’s stupid how 343 tells me I can make a BR in custom yet halo doesn’t let me have a lobby higher than 16 players. Like TF? 

17 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Oh probably.

with That aside I think it’s stupid how 343 tells me I can make a BR in custom yet halo doesn’t let me have a lobby higher than 16 players. Like TF? 

16 people is 14 more than you need for a BR.

IFULLfZ.png

this is giving me H5 and its 2 years to make meaningful changes vibes. i want to be excited for this game but all i feel is dread:mj:

• Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

There'll be microtransactions. As for "will not include real-money loot boxes", that could mean you buy currency and tada, the loot boxes are bought with our made up currency that isn't basically your real money, no shut up.

Just under a year ago they were hiring for a Live Design Lead, who would focus on "AAA Player Investment Experience"(which includes microtransactions).