CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Remember BR/Gunfighter starts? Well this was what it was leading to; BR/Sidekick starts.

@S0UL FLAME Better update you're H5 mode because I guarentee this will be a thing.

• Thonking (+0) 1

I figured the news of 120 FPS F2P multiplayer would be a damn good thing to you guys, but we're talking about not having two weapons in the game that were MOSTLY useless over the course of the franchise? I'm going to have to call bullshit on this one. It seems like we're reaching for things to be negative about at this point. 

The magnum has changed with every game in this franchise. If they're going with a true sidearm  variant that has advantages over other precision weapons like a fast draw and fire rate to compliment other precision weapons, that's good news. It doesn't make another precision weapon redundant. Didn't we just spend 5 years complaining about how there's too much overlap and redundancy in H5?

Shotgun has been pretty weak over the course of the series. H1 it was wonderful. 2-3 not so much. Hell, it was so imbalanced in 5 it had to have its magazine size gutted. I feel that trying to make a different version of it to perform better in the sandbox isn't a bad idea.

Just feels like we're getting to the point of being upset for no other reason than nostalgia and not wanting anything to change. And to the point of wanting the game to fail spectacularly? lol c'mon, that's some insane rantings.

I took this update as being very encouraging with transparency handling feedback, which is something we haven't seen often. Fully understand this isn't the prevailing opinion here, but I think a lot of people need to take a step back and look at some of this information logically for what it can do for the franchise going forward.

Edit: Oh, AND they confirmed to be limiting the kill barriers and out of bounds area of campaign. Idk how we don't see this update as overly positive.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 7

7 hours ago, SpitFlame said:

Confess your unpopular Halo opinions.

ydl1ehddnxv21.png

I'm excited for Halo Infinite. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 2
  • Hooked 6

15 minutes ago, AArkham said:

I figured the news of 120 FPS F2P multiplayer would be a damn good thing to you guys, but we're talking about not having two weapons in the game that were MOSTLY useless over the course of the franchise? I'm going to have to call bullshit on this one. It seems like we're reaching for things to be negative about at this point. 

F2P multiplayer is a huge deal. I know quite a few people who primarily play F2P multiplayer games at this point (Apex and Fortnite). They will surely give Infinite a try now because of this when they probably wouldn't have bothered otherwise. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

That final bullet point refers to game settings IIRC, He mentioned something like this previously on another forum along the lines of Infinite having crazy in-depth game settings to go alongside a new Forge. 

5 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

It said no loot boxes that just means no RNG MTX. Basically MTX will be there but you now can purchase that individual skin instead of taking a gamble, like how fortnite does it. 

Could also mean battle pass system. Can't buy just the item at the end of the battle pass but you know what your money is getting you at all times which is obviously massively better than the alternative.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, SpitFlame said:

ydl1ehddnxv21.png

Team shot Halo is boring to watch. H5 was fun to watch because of the movement (Shotzzy, Frosty, and Saiyan moving around the map was captivating).

I don’t care about most classic weapons being in the game at launch as long as there is a powerful utility weapon to spawn with and a classic sniper rifle.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

1 hour ago, HeX Reapers said:

@S0UL FLAME Better update you're H5 mode because I guarentee this will be a thing.

I had done that already when I went into the campaign footage. Even changed the Flagnum to Gunfighter.

All of you can literally play Halo Infinite right now, with only the sandbox being changed in the real game. Of course, you would need to download Halo 5, but if enough of you are curious, the edited Mythic maps and Infinite modes are in my files. ("Oh SoulFlame")

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, AArkham said:

The magnum has changed with every game in this franchise. If they're going with a true sidearm  variant that has advantages over other precision weapons like a fast draw and fire rate to compliment other precision weapons, that's good news. It doesn't make another precision weapon redundant. Didn't we just spend 5 years complaining about how there's too much overlap and redundancy in H5?

Shotgun has been pretty weak over the course of the series. H1 it was wonderful. 2-3 not so much. Hell, it was so imbalanced in 5 it had to have its magazine size gutted. I feel that trying to make a different version of it to perform better in the sandbox isn't a bad idea.

Just feels like we're getting to the point of being upset for no other reason than nostalgia and not wanting anything to change. And to the point of wanting the game to fail spectacularly? lol c'mon, that's some insane rantings.

I took this update as being very encouraging with transparency handling feedback, which is something we haven't seen often. Fully understand this isn't the prevailing opinion here, but I think a lot of people need to take a step back and look at some of this information logically for what it can do for the franchise going forward.

Edit: Oh, AND they confirmed to be limiting the kill barriers and out of bounds area of campaign. Idk how we don't see this update as overly positive.

wBIL1cl.png

• Fire (+1) 7

2 hours ago, Basu said:

4c7dlMV.png

It seems the only people you can trust in the Halo "influencer" world now are Tommy Kost, Favyn and BringHaloBack.

This was never not the case. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

That final bullet point refers to game settings IIRC, He mentioned something like this previously on another forum along the lines of Infinite having crazy in-depth game settings to go alongside a new Forge. 

That is great.  Us old geezers can make a no sprint, no clamber, no slide, no shield, no grapple gametpye much easier hopefully.  

• Downvote (-1) 1

9 hours ago, SpitFlame said:

ydl1ehddnxv21.png

I can't fucking stand the map Sanctuary and all remakes of it. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

10 hours ago, TeeJaY said:

So that demo build was less than a month old apparently. lol @ everyone saying it was a January build. 

You should have seen the rabid fanboys in the Halo Discord that were in deep denial when I asked for proof of the build being months old.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

18 hours ago, SkaSide said:

He's a game journalist most notable for calling out studios for their Crunch culture. His recent piece about the Crunch at Naughty Dog gained a lot of traction. Pretty sure he also did one on Rockstar Games. 

https://kotaku.com/as-naughty-dog-crunches-on-the-last-of-us-ii-developer-1842289962

https://kotaku.com/crunch-time-why-game-developers-work-such-insane-hours-1704744577

I wouldn't be surprised if his next piece is about the horrible management at 343 Industries. 

343 Industries and horrible management, name a more iconic duo...

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, AArkham said:

If they're going with a true sidearm

Yes that’s exactly what Halo needed.  A weak weapon intentionally designed to act as a “backup, finisher, sidearm” is just what Halo was missing.  Such uninspired, ill suited design for a Halo weapon.  343 blindly takes concepts from other games and hamfistedly shoehorns them into Halo without understanding what made them work in their original game and why that would not be ideal for Halo.  

• Like (+1) 7

27 minutes ago, Mow said:

You should have seen the rabid fanboys in the Halo Discord that were in deep denial when I asked for proof of the build being months old.

Does not surprise.  343 is a pathetic dev studio. We all know this.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

3 hours ago, AArkham said:

I'm with you. I saw a tweet a little while back that resonated with me saying something along the lines of "People don't play Halo now expecting to have a good experience, they expect to have a nostalgic experience". That's kind of how I feel after seeing some people's criticisms.

Where I'm at with Halo is that I don't want the core strategy of the multiplayer to be "get in a power position and wait for the enemy to push". As long as the multiplayer gives me incentive to move frequently and I have a utility weapon that works well, I think there's a good possibility that I'll at least think it's okay. I don't really care about the game including this or that weapon, or how my favorite weapons from previous games work now. As long as the "flow" of the game is okay it's cool. As for campaign, give me a few cool battles and some funny looking aliens to kill and I'm down, whatever.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

free to play MP!  I forgot who, but who argued with me that it’s unlikely because of game pass! 
@JordanB well well well hahaha. I’m sorry I just had too man. You thought it wasn’t possible well it’s possible!

gg

I've never been happier to be wrong about F2P multiplayer.  They are still going to do anything they can to get people to buy into Game Pass.  I would not at all be surprised if the campaign is something like $30 or $60 that also gets you 3 - 6 months of game pass. Game Pass subscription doubles as your Battle Pass or gets you a steep discount on it, etc.  non-skinner box cosmetic mtx I am totally fine with as well, provided the game is otherwise free.

The things with the build being months old... i bet there were some people that saw a build months ago and were like, "So yeah that looks like the same thing i saw in january".  I thought it was at least a couple months old just because timelines from "what is in progress" to "What we can show" can be pretty wide (and it might be, "A few weeks" is of course purposefully obtuse and what can be demo'd is always behind what is in progress). Regardless, none of that shit is good.  If they are being honest and ACTUALLY DID think it looks great, their management just hasn't played any games in the last decade.  No doubt the artists would know, but they're not the ones putting out press releases or deciding when something is "done".  Right now is the time when the game should look its best, with optimizations that inevitably make it look worse closer to release.  Not to harp on visuals again, because they're not that important, BUT if they think this thing will sell their next console while looking like a last gen game, that aint gonna happen.  People will just play on what they already have.

Side note: I took a look at the EU5 preview from last month and holy shit they should have just used Unreal. EU4 now, EU5 for the next game.

Hey I'll go ahead and eat some crow, 343 heard me say "this campaign looks like shit from top to bottom" and said, "we hear you, we'll separate it from the multiplayer and make the latter F2P so you can completely forget the former exists".

:intel:

Also with the way this game looks, it better run at 4K/120

• Like (+1) 8

11 hours ago, SpitFlame said:

ydl1ehddnxv21.png

H1 4v4 is better than h2 4v4, h3 4v4, etc... (of course, h1 2v2 is better than h1 4v4).

Sprint damages Halo's gameplay just as much as H3's BR.

I wouldnt buy a Halo game that plays like H3, even if sprint/advanced movement isn't present. 

H2A plays better than H3.

Pit and Narrows are the worst maps ever to be used in Halo esports. 

Team slayer is H3's worst gametype, MLG should have dropped all TS gametypes.

Halo 4 and 5 would have been much better with cod-like kill times. 

Ghost's H4 settings were trash, pretty much H3 with sprint.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 2

6 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Hey I'll go ahead and eat some crow, 343 heard me say "this campaign looks like shit from top to bottom" and said, "we hear you, we'll separate it from the multiplayer and make the latter F2P so you can completely forget the former exists".

:intel:

Also with the way this game looks, it better run at 4K/120

https://www.themeateater.com/cook/cooking-techniques/i-ate-crow

Maybe they're banking on Multiplayer being the actual big money maker and are spending the majority of time on it instead and thats why campaign looks like ass (though you would think they would share assets)???  Since they're decoupled I may not even step into campaign.  I pretty much only play them cuz they're there  and to get some easy achievements.

• Like (+1) 1