CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

I see this move as a natural evolution of the Halo sandbox.  Every game had sidearms.  CE had the Magnum.  2 had the Plasma Pistol.  3 had the Mauler.  Each of these weapons was a reliable backup used to finish your opponents off.  

343 must have some amazing plans for Infection, must’ve rebuilt it from the ground up, if they don’t even need the Magnum or Shotgun in the game.  Their creativity and originality never cease to amaze me.  Such graceful stewards of this beloved franchise.    

• Like (+1) 2
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

I want this thing to bomb, spectacularly. I want 343 dissolved and Infinite having a catastrophic launch and/or embarassing sales numbers would be the surest way for that to happen.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3
  • Toxic (+1) 6
  • Salt (-1) 1

56 minutes ago, Boyo said:

I want 343 to be free to develop the game they really want to make because it certainly isn’t Halo.  

You might say that mean spirited but I think that would be lit. 343i has great talent on the team. The direction has only ever been questionable at best though.

Speaking of direction, I wonder when Frankie Lying Ass Fucker O'conner is going to make his rounds through the community sites and say some patently incorrect shit about Infinite like he did for 5 and 4. If he lies to his employees like he lies to the community, no wonder the direction is bad.

• Like (+1) 4

22 minutes ago, SpitFlame said:

Confess your unpopular Halo opinions.

Forgive me father, I stan Evade.

It's almost as annoying as Sprint but it's the only AA I've ever loved. I love combat rolls in every game. If I have to be stuck with enhanced mobility in Halo this is the only ability I would accept.

• Like (+1) 2

So what are we playing when this flops? I haven't even been gaming all that much lately, just watching Snipedown play Apex.

55 minutes ago, SpitFlame said:

Sprint can work, if the starting weapon(s) are powerful enough. If balanced intelligently, you don't even need to blow maps up to accommodate it.

2 hours ago, NavG123 said:

I've said it before, but this is a cycle we go through literally everytime 343 has revealed a Halo game.

343 reveals a game with seriously concerning aspects ---> Community grasps at insane hypotheticals to explain away every single negative aspect ---> Negative aspects are exactly as bad as anticipated.

I hate to sound like such a downer but why on Earth do so many people go to such ridiculous lengths to defend this game? I've been playing Halo for the vast majority of my life and its given me so many memories, but I feel no need bandwagon every bad decision 343 makes with the franchise. I have 0 understanding for people's defensiveness of 343/Halo.

I do. 343 usually ignore negative feedback, or at the very least rarely acknowledge it.

They actively respond to and involve pro-343 sentiment. To get noticed you need to be positive.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, TeeJaY said:

So that demo build was less than a month old apparently. lol @ everyone saying it was a January build. 

Who would have thought, a company that basically showed the best they could. Never understood why they thought one would show a january build, they must not understand how first impressions work, even if this one was still bad, imagine if this is only weeks old how january would have looked like.

38 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

I do. 343 usually ignore negative feedback, or at the very least rarely acknowledge it.

They actively respond to and involve pro-343 sentiment. To get noticed you need to be positive.

I feel like that would only create an echo chamber if you acted like everything is nice to get your feedback heard. Like why tell them 99% is fine to maybe get 1% changed if you are not even okay with 50% of the game? But the cherry picking feedback is not gonna change, the article they had now blame fans wanting the classic art back for the plastic look which makes zero sense at all, but I am sure the usual fanboys on waypoint and reddit will agree by default again.

Honestly I don't really care about this game at all, I saw your reaction video and while you said some things I would agree with I also noticed that you said something like "I accept it's here to stay" with sprint and clamber and that you would play it anyways. If this sort of Halo is fun to you, that's totally fine but I am tired of 343 not taking feedback from the people who want more classic/CE like Halo back.
Is that an incredibly small sub community asking for that? Absolutely, but if the game is something I don't like I am not gonna spend months debating about how "pickups are gonna make the game great because we can delete them if they suck", if that's your first thoughts on a game you should question if it's really worth your time imo.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, SpitFlame said:

ydl1ehddnxv21.png

I think Chill Out is a mediocre map and that CE nades are stupid

• Like (+1) 3
  • Simms (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SpitFlame said:

ydl1ehddnxv21.png

Halo 1 multiplayer blows.

Competitive Halo is less important than a fun social Halo.

The Battle Rifle is more important than the magnum. 

This forum has no sway or power over anything Halo related and needs to stop pretending it's the source of truth.

Zanzibar/Last Resort/Stonetown is the best Halo map.

Two Betrayals is the best mission in Halo 1.

Quarantine Zone is the most underrated Halo mission.

Dual wielding is fun. 

• Downvote (-1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 5

Told you, you motherfuckers  that thought it would be bs! Hahahaha

free to play MP!  I forgot who, but who argued with me that it’s unlikely because of game pass! 
@JordanB well well well hahaha. I’m sorry I just had too man. You thought it wasn’t possible well it’s possible!

• Downvote (-1) 1

3 hours ago, OG Nick said:

No microtransactions but could see a season pass type deal

It said no loot boxes that just means no RNG MTX. Basically MTX will be there but you now can purchase that individual skin instead of taking a gamble, like how fortnite does it. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

3 hours ago, Larry Sizemore said:

I want this thing to bomb, spectacularly. I want 343 dissolved and Infinite having a catastrophic launch and/or embarassing sales numbers would be the surest way for that to happen.

The only way to get old Halo back is to not put money in their pockets. Should have been done after Halo 4. 

12 minutes ago, Bloodshot1990 said:

The only way to get old Halo back is to not put money in their pockets. Should have been done after Halo 4. 

I mean if the skins are good I’m afraid I’ll end up buying them

343 will probably go the 10$ BAttle pass, then other individual skins on weekly to monthly basis. Fortnite showed them they can make this type of thing work 

@Basu I apologize basu but I can’t help myself when it comes to things like that, you’ll have to forgive me.

• Downvote (-1) 2

34 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Zanzibar/Last Resort/Stonetown is the best Halo map.

Two Betrayals is the best mission in Halo 1.

Quarantine Zone is the most underrated Halo mission.

yikes

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SpitFlame said:

I like the BR spread on Halo 3.

H2 is the worst Halo of the bunch (followed closely by Reach)

As bad as regular Reach was, NBNS is worse.

Guardian is the worst MLG/Hardcore/TS/Doubles map in H3.

Damnation is garbage.

• WutFace (+0) 9

3 hours ago, SpitFlame said:

I'll play Halo 4 any day over Halo Reach or Halo 5. All 3 still suck though.

BR starts > any other weapon idc about the pistol if im being honest. BR is just more fun for me to use and I'm more comfortable with it.

Halo 3 was the best in the series. Maybe not a unpopular opinion but I know a lot of people here hate it and I get why.

H2A was pretty good and what Halo 4 should've been. Had potential to be better with more maps.

• Like (+1) 1

This is 343 in a nutshell:

23 july on their webpage:

mIOscpM.png

After the preview:

M9QUFbT.png

So from "section of the final game", "polished and pretty enough", "the engine, art and technology that brings this latest iteration of Halo to life", "incredible demo".

Too..

"Negative feedback includes...flat...dull...objects pop-in...we are in agreement here...we do have work to do....the team is committed and focused on making sure we have a beautiful world for players to explore when we launch."

It is so MCC all over again. Remember their "We Will Rock You"-ad that aired a week before MCC launced?

• Like (+1) 5

2 hours ago, HeX Reapers said:

yikes

Deep in your heart you love killing flood in a tank.

• Like (+1) 1

4c7dlMV.png

Gotta love how even when pointing out obvious mistakes like removing the shotgun and magnum for generic Striker and p250 ripoffs the 343 defense squad can't help themselves and have to add "IT WONT BRING THE GAME DOWN GUISE HYPE TRAIN IS STILL IN FULL FORCE", it's so pathetic to see the majority of big Halo personalities gushing over this game despite all the massive red flags we've seen so far. It seems the only people you can trust in the Halo "influencer" world now are Tommy Kost, Favyn and BringHaloBack.

• Like (+1) 7

7 hours ago, Larry Sizemore said:

There's lots of salvagable parts of the company, but the leadership really needs a major shakeup. It's a shame Fergusson headed to Blizzard because I think he'd be a great candidate to replace Ross.