CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

3 hours ago, Basu said:

No it's not. It's complete fucking dogshit. Was armor lock good as a map pickup in MLG v1 Reach? No it was the same cancer it just didn't show up as frequent.

Well equipment itself was just unbalanced. If it got some updates surely it of not been so bad. Never played mlg v1 reach. But I bet if armor lock was the TU armor lock it of not been as cancerous. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

I think the point some people are missing about grapple hook is that Halo fans have been trying their hardest to get 343 to give us a new Halo with classic multiplayer since H4. Grapple may work historically in other games like Quake 2 but thats not classic Halo, thats not what fans have been desperately asking for since 2012. Grapple was also over powered in Quake Live for a while too sooo...

I don't understand the big concern for the grappling hook. 343 said the day it was shown that it would be an equipment item in multiplayer. Not everyone will have it and if it is bad it can easily be removed from the sandbox without any issue. Don't see what the big fuss is about given that.

• Like (+1) 1

I feel like I could live with grapple hook if sprint & clamber weren't in.

(saying that without seeing grapple in MP, could change my mind)

13 minutes ago, infraction said:

I don't understand the big concern for the grappling hook. 343 said the day it was shown that it would be an equipment item in multiplayer. Not everyone will have it and if it is bad it can easily be removed from the sandbox without any issue. Don't see what the big fuss is about given that.

Whenever possible, I would try to design movement abilities that don’t disable the player’s base abilities.  For example, Bubudubu jetpack sniping on sanc.  The Jetpack enhanced his ability to move without locking him into some extended animation like grapple would.  Jetpack doesn’t disable player input while in use, grapple does.  

I think I would rather players be able to do everything while using the grapple honestly. If they're going to add some cheesy mechanic at least make it fun. I'm pretty tired of seeing game devs adding mechanics that don't belong in games at all then retroactively trying to big brain some way to balance it like that's ever going to happen. Its a super cheese superfluous addition to mobility that Halo never ever needed so we might as well treat it like that and let it be crazy and fun. We're just gonna be deleting it from any real competitive modes either way if we really care.

Think of the cool custom games/maps where you couldn't actually fall or you'd die so you just grapple around everywhere shooting at each other. Stuff like that is what grapple would be great for.

20 minutes ago, Jake Teh Nub said:

“The “Sidekick” is a true sidearm pistol that is lightning fast to draw and fire – truly exceling as a reliable backup when your primary weapon is depleted and a Brute is bearing down on you. Compared to previous titles, this weapon is closest to Halo 2's version of the Magnum. The “Bulldog” is a pump-action shotgun that is punchy and decently accurate, trading slightly lower damage (12 gauge vs. 8 gauge) for a much higher rate of fire. Players will be better equipped to dispatch multiple targets quickly and the “Bulldog” provides more playstyle opportunities for shotgun aficionados. There are additional variants of each of these, but the classic Magnum and Tactical Shotgun aren’t currently featured in Halo Infinite.“

6d3ab518e81da9d4-.gif

• Like (+1) 4
  • WutFace (+0) 2

I was trying not to read it until everyone else did Boyo. FUCK this game is already DoA if that's true.

• Like (+1) 3

I don't really see why you wouldn't have the original shotgun in the game from a nostalgia point of view however I suppose I would need to see the entire sandbox to give any sort of real feedback 

From a gameplay pov I won't miss the og shotgun when it comes to multiplayer assuming the new one is closer to a H3 mauler than a 1 hit shotgun from close range which is totally just an assumption. I don't like the idea of it being accurate from further away when it comes to a shotgun

• Like (+1) 1

Just wait till you see the auto shotty variant.  

• Microtransactions: Halo Infinite will not include real-money loot boxes

Finally some good news.

• Fire (+1) 2

1 minute ago, TeeJaY said:

So that demo build was less than a month old apparently. lol @ everyone saying it was a January build. 

Game is already "finished" in their eyes. They aren't gonna change shit.

4 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

So that demo build was less than a month old apparently. lol @ everyone saying it was a January build. 

and we only had a dickload of videos get made defending 343's garbage demo with this exact excuse!

I'm so proud of the Halo fanbase.

They're going to do what they did with H5 and keep adding in content. Shame that a Magnum won't be in at launch, but without knowing how the multiplayer actually plays, no one can really say if the inclusion or exclusion of a 3sk Magnum will be harmful or beneficial. It's not easy to balance for a huge sandbox so I imagine they'd like to refine and cut out the chaff in regards to how they've designed the gameplay. Infinite probably won't remain "vanilla" for long and things will go off 343i's rails quickly enough.

Now whether or not the gameplay itself is good is a different matter - and if the terrain off their rails is able to be navigated or is a bunch of quicksand.

12 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

Microtransactions: Halo Infinite will not include real-money loot boxes

Hmm Free to play with no microtransactions for lootboxes

Great move if Halo Infinite has good multiplayer, enspecially for pc on steam. However, $60 for Campaign only is pretty over priced. That's just paying full price for half of the games features and content. Make it $30 and it'll sell much better.

No microtransactions but could see a season pass type deal

Making Infinite free-to-play is a great way to encourage millions of players to try it out. Halo is gonna have the most players it's had in years, maybe ever frankly.

Lets hope it can sustain its popularity.

• Like (+1) 3

The magnum and shotgun are not in the game and were replaced with soulless modern warfare guns so that they can eventually release a "nostalgia" REQ pack for everyone to pay for.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Toxic (+1) 1
  • Hooked 7

1 minute ago, OG Nick said:

No microtransactions but could see a season pass type deal

There could still be microtransactions for skins and other shit like other free to play games have