CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

5 hours ago, Hully said:

Nothing will. Chess has the highest skill ceiling of any game ever made. 

Connect 4

• Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Hooked 7

Should the utility’s aim assist be different from the other precision weapons? In h5 one issue with pre patch was every weapon was better than the utility the magnum. This is partly due to the higher aim assist they all had. I think every precision guns aim assist should of been the same as the pistols. They’d all have their niches that’d make them worth grabbing still.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why does the 343i insist on making the shield bar less and less readable without looking directly at? Give us a shield and health bar, and make it large like Halo 3's without the idiotic 0.5 second delay that Halo 3's shield bar had on updating while you took damage. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Shekkles said:

So that new Halo Infinite track that dropped; I genuinely like it. It's not Marty-tier but there's some heart in it and I'm optimistic to hear the rest of the soundtrack.

Composer of Ori did that one. They should keep him around.

• Like (+1) 3

10 hours ago, Faeyrin said:

It's very hard to say what is and isn't "Marty tier" now that we're several entries removed from his music, and moreover, the thematics and emotions conveyed in his music that were written for different story arcs. It's been ten years since he's scored for Halo and six years since he's scored for a sci-fi shooter (Destiny 1 Vanilla). That's a long time. It's entirely possible that his approach to a title like Infinite would be very different from his approach he had with Reach. So different that, if he went by a pseudonym, people could possibly say "it's not Marty". But I'm not trying to shade him or anything. It's damned shame and doesn't make any sense that Microsoft didn't approach him after he said he'd be down to score Infinite. The rumors are that he's kind of hard to work with and has a big head...but if you're the man who broke the first video game OST into Billboard 200, among other accolades, you're justified in believing in yourself.

That said, though, the first time I listened to the linked track I got BIG chills. Sometimes I think people exaggerate when they say music gives them chills but I am not exaggerating at all. My entire fuckin' body loved this track, not just my ears. So I'm very hopeful in the music team for Infinite.

It's not about the style it's the quality. Martys style changed between the trilogy, ODST, and Reach. The quality didn't. 

"Marty tier" just means it's not as good as his music, flat out. Which is true, it isn't. And if we're going to be real here it never will be without him. 

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Go

I'm not even sure CS:GO has the highest skill ceiling of any video game, let alone higher than chess. 

• Simms (+1) 2
  • Thonking (+0) 2

Not sure if this was shared. Not really sure who this guy is tho? Thought it was interesting 

• Simms (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Not sure if this was shared. Not really sure who this guy is tho? Thought it was interesting 

Guy who reports on gaming in general among other stuff

Perhaps 343 really is that awful. Through this year and the previous we would hear of main leads leaving the studio for no reason(least none we knew of). Their management sounds horrible 

• Downvote (-1) 1

9 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

The funny thing is that halo has never and will never be as hard as chess.

9 hours ago, Hully said:

Nothing will. Chess has the highest skill ceiling of any game ever made. 

9 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Go

2 hours ago, Exidrion said:

Hm, I'd actually say they're pretty even.

1 hour ago, Hully said:

I'm not even sure CS:GO has the highest skill ceiling of any video game, let alone higher than chess. 

True in terms of bored games, but as far as vidyagamz go I'm pretty sure Quake takes the crown here lol.

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

He's a game journalist most notable for calling out studios for their Crunch culture. His recent piece about the Crunch at Naughty Dog gained a lot of traction. Pretty sure he also did one on Rockstar Games. 

https://kotaku.com/as-naughty-dog-crunches-on-the-last-of-us-ii-developer-1842289962

https://kotaku.com/crunch-time-why-game-developers-work-such-insane-hours-1704744577

I wouldn't be surprised if his next piece is about the horrible management at 343 Industries. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Hooked 2

I just really hope with Infinite they focus on the Breakout mode and make that the main focus.  Definitely Halos' best multiplayer we've had so far. You really had to move fast and stay low. 

How can you not love this:

edit:   Sorry.  I'm "new" here so my sarcasm probably wasn't obvious enough given the downvote.  Was supposed to be a joke

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 2
  • Toxic (+1) 3
  • Hooked 2
  • WutFace (+0) 5

Discussion on this forum concerns how the minutiae of sandbox and map design affects high-level game flow. 

The sophisticated discussion over at the exponentially more populated and dev-interactive r/halo and Waypoint still includes gems such as "The equipment are map pickups, so they aren't harmful to gameplay" and "If you don't like sprint, then don't sprint". 

In a nutshell, why this godforsaken franchise will only progressively fall deeper and deeper into the shitter. 

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, aa_Pregnant_Nun said:

True in terms of bored games, but as far as vidyagamz go I'm pretty sure Quake takes the crown here lol.

I think you can make an argument for starcraft and maybe even dota as well.

3 hours ago, Ethereal Nights said:

Composer of Ori did that one. They should keep him around.

Generic, then a marty theme show up

1 hour ago, _Synapse said:

The equipment are map pickups, so they aren't harmful to gameplay" and "If you don't like sprint, then don't sprint". 

To be fair the equipment argument is fair. But the sprint one isn’t since it’s detrimenting one self if they don’t. Those people really are fools 

• Downvote (-1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 3

6 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

To be fair the equipment argument is fair.

No it's not. It's complete fucking dogshit. Was armor lock good as a map pickup in MLG v1 Reach? No it was the same cancer it just didn't show up as frequent.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Let's be clear: equipment can still be detrimental to gameplay. We can just mitigate the detriment with equipment since we can go into forge and delete it from the map.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Basu said:

No it's not. It's complete fucking dogshit. Was armor lock good as a map pickup in MLG v1 Reach? No it was the same cancer it just didn't show up as frequent.

v1 Reach was God tier because all the Armor Ability pick-ups scattered about brought color to the map pool.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

14 minutes ago, Basu said:

Right, the argument should be "Equipment are map pickups, so if they are harmful to gameplay they are easy to remove to fix the problem"  Thats why I have always been fine with them doing whatever hair brained idea they have as a map pickup.  The danger comes with 343's ability to be objective about their own creation.  If something sucks, will they be objective about it and remove it from the map, or will they be in denial and try to convince everybody else to love their creation too?

• Like (+1) 4

18 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

If chief dies in infinite how would you  like it to go? 
1. Like SGT Johnson a bang. Taking out the banished(and the flood possibly) 

2. Chief dying of old age, wary, but satisfied he did his duty. 

By having somebody grapple hook an explosive barrel into him

2 hours ago, Basu said:

Was armor lock good as a map pickup in MLG v1 Reach?

You can hardly compare armor lock to pick ups like the bubble shield or deployable cover. Armor lock was extremely one-sided since it makes you invincible and stops you from moving altogether. The bubble shield is way more balanced, because while it gives you protection it also gives the enemy team protection if they step into it, so the advantage comes from choosing when and where to place it. Also the bubble shield doesn’t freeze you in place. If you don’t like it for competitive just remove it, but equipment is fine for social game modes. Casual Halo fans exist. Not everyone wants to play competitive 2v2 with pistol/BR starts.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Xandrith said:

Generic, then a marty theme show up

So, it's a good metaphor for 343i's Halo's, too.

• Like (+1) 4