CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

46 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

I just wish everyone ignored the obvious troll bait.

Exactly this. I've been a mod on various forums for almost ten years now. They just want a reaction. You think someone who makes 11 alt accounts after being blocked has a lot going on in their life?

• Like (+1) 9
  • Hooked 2

34 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Exactly this. I've been a mod on various forums for almost ten years now. They just want a reaction. You think someone who makes 11 alt accounts after being blocked has a lot going on in their life?

Sounds like you're just bad at H3.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 2
  • Hooked 6

So that new Halo Infinite track that dropped; I genuinely like it. It's not Marty-tier but there's some heart in it and I'm optimistic to hear the rest of the soundtrack.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

So that new Halo Infinite track that dropped; I genuinely like it. It's not Marty-tier but there's some heart in it and I'm optimistic to hear the rest of the soundtrack.

It’s definitely got a cool heroic vibe to it. It just made that brute guys speech cooler than it actually was, or more epic is fair to say.

7 hours ago, Sandman said:

Gimme the purple elite hud to

Granted but the Sector Detector HUD element, represented by a ring divided into four colored quadrants that light up when an enemy is in the corresponding section of the map, replaces the radar in Elite gametypes. 

genius.png

17 minutes ago, TonyDHFC said:

The last 10 pages had a better story than Halo 5. Cheers everyone.

I hope that we get a good redemption arc. 

If chief dies in infinite how would you  like it to go? 
1. Like SGT Johnson a bang. Taking out the banished(and the flood possibly) 

2. Chief dying of old age, wary, but satisfied he did his duty. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

11 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

If chief dies in infinite how would you  like it to go? 
1. Like SGT Johnson a bang. Taking out the banished(and the flood possibly) 

2. Chief dying of old age, wary, but satisfied he did his duty. 

For a second i thought I was on Halo Waypoint 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

1 minute ago, Sosa Baby said:

For a second i thought I was on Halo Waypoint 

Ok I guess we can talk about competitive shit multiplayer only, fuck me for wanting a mix of both right 

• Downvote (-1) 1

2 hours ago, Shekkles said:

It's very hard to say what is and isn't "Marty tier" now that we're several entries removed from his music, and moreover, the thematics and emotions conveyed in his music that were written for different story arcs. It's been ten years since he's scored for Halo and six years since he's scored for a sci-fi shooter (Destiny 1 Vanilla). That's a long time. It's entirely possible that his approach to a title like Infinite would be very different from his approach he had with Reach. So different that, if he went by a pseudonym, people could possibly say "it's not Marty". But I'm not trying to shade him or anything. It's damned shame and doesn't make any sense that Microsoft didn't approach him after he said he'd be down to score Infinite. The rumors are that he's kind of hard to work with and has a big head...but if you're the man who broke the first video game OST into Billboard 200, among other accolades, you're justified in believing in yourself.

That said, though, the first time I listened to the linked track I got BIG chills. Sometimes I think people exaggerate when they say music gives them chills but I am not exaggerating at all. My entire fuckin' body loved this track, not just my ears. So I'm very hopeful in the music team for Infinite.

One thing I liked what I saw from infinite was the view models. None of them covered the screen to a point of annoyance 

• Downvote (-1) 1

3 hours ago, Boyo said:

Granted but the Sector Detector HUD element, represented by a ring divided into four colored quadrants that light up when an enemy is in the corresponding section of the map, replaces the radar in Elite gametypes. 

genius.png

You can't fool me that's a Simon memory game. 

pQxZHla.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hully said:

pQxZHla.jpg

Nothing goes with Simon better than a big bowl of pretzels and a tall glass of water! :lxthul:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Hully said:

CxkfbBE.gif

I really hope this is in proportion to one another and not on some absolute scale, because to suggest that H3 has no skill gap at all is straight contrarianism.

• Like (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

I have lost too many 1v1 matches to be told there's no skill gap in halo 3.

18 minutes ago, SpitFlame said:

I really hope this is in proportion to one another and not on some absolute scale, because to suggest that H3 has no skill gap at all is straight contrarianism.

Checkers has a skillgap, but it's laughable when compared to chess.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2

The funny thing is that halo has never and will never be as hard as chess.

1 minute ago, Mr Grim said:

The funny thing is that halo has never and will never be as hard as chess.

Nothing will. Chess has the highest skill ceiling of any game ever made. 

3 minutes ago, Hully said:

Nothing will. Chess has the highest skill ceiling of any game ever made. 

Go

• Upvote (+1) 3

41 minutes ago, Hully said:

Checkers has a skillgap, but it's laughable when compared to chess.

The skill gap difference between checkers and chess is hundreds of orders of magnitude bigger than the skill gap difference between HCE and H3.

• Downvote (-1) 3

4 hours ago, Hully said:

pQxZHla.jpg

I think this is more your speed:

LS0.jpg

So the Glassdoor review page for 343 is finally working again (it was down for 2 days, every other company i went to was fine.... I wonder what reviews are no longer there...).  Going back years consistent complaints are 1) Higher ups are really disconnected and 2) the creation tools they have suck.  New engine my ass.  Doesn't "new engine" also imply the tools you need to actually create elements to run on it?