CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

4 minutes ago, Toastomgi3 said:

H3 is bad because of this. Your totally right. Makes total sense.

So because you cant get your kills in H3 and think H3 is bad... 

Let's fall back to an excuse of Halos skillgap.

I asked you a question.

Wtf is going on in here lmao

Infinite reveal thoughts

Good (with the limited amount we got)

- Art style and the score look amazing

- Bullet trails are good visual feedback to what's going on onscreen

- The setting and story have me very excited as someone that's into lore

- We have confirmation of hook pickup in MP

- The sandbox variety looks promising.

- Voice acting was spot on

Bad

- Graphics. Yea, that's certainly a point.

- Not showing MP or giving a hint at some concrete flighting plans

- Removal of classic shotty

Overall, I'm liking what has been shown so far. There are certain things that would be just wild speculation (like thinking MP will be different mechanics since it wasn't shown), but the campaign looks to be shaping up IMO. I'm more encouraged with what was shown than discouraged by the negatives of the reveal.

Random thought: I spent a lot more time playing H3 on pc and h5 on xbox the last couple weeks. The one thing that stood out to me was this: While H5 is a very solid competitive game, I have more fun on H3. That said, I'd love to have that all rolled into the package that's Infinite.

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, AArkham said:

Infinite reveal thoughts

Bad

Overall, I'm liking what has been shown so far. There are certain things that would be just wild speculation (like thinking MP will be different mechanics since it wasn't shown), but the campaign looks to be shaping up IMO. I'm more encouraged with what was shown than discouraged by the negatives of the reveal.

Random thought: I spent a lot more time playing H3 on pc and h5 on xbox the last couple weeks. The one thing that stood out to me was this: While H5 is a very solid competitive game, I have more fun on H3. That said, I'd love to have that all rolled into the package that's Infinite.

I like to think because of the abilities just create a complicated game. Like there’s no sense of simplicity. Halo 6 may have sprint clamber slide, but these are simple, and something everyone’s used to. 
also h5 has a bug regarding its aiming so  if you don’t have adhd And epilepsy like me, can keep a level head even when bs happens you’ll enjoy things more.  H3 inconsistency in shots can be annoying but nothing is more annoying when I can’t hit someone because of bad input lag that is connection Based too, so you can’t find that perfect sensitivity like you can in any game on mcc. One match it’s smooth responsive and then the next you don’t even know what happened.

2 minutes ago, AArkham said:

Infinite reveal thoughts

Bad

I'm waiting for the multiplayer reveal to get more concrete thoughts, but as of right now I'm also excited for Infinite. I usually wouldn't be, but I've been playing a lot more MCC lately and it sparked something in me. I'll always have love for Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I really hope halo has a quality infection mode. Idk about you guys but I love infection. But it’s biggest problem is the lack of balance between when you’re infected. I wish infection could keep the normal 12 players but everyone starts off as human and we’re instead attacked by flood. If you’re killed you’re turned into a special combat form that one hit kills the players, but will have assistance by the flood AI. Now on the previous engine blam this no doubt couldn’t be done but I expect with slip space this is a possibility. This would be way more fun and fair, and if people rage quit no harm done. I’d also like it if there was an objective to get too(pelican) so it be even better 

21 minutes ago, AArkham said:

Infinite reveal thoughts

Bad

Voice acting was spot on?

"Spartan, we thought you dead."

Brilliant

• Like (+1) 1

The dialog was boring but I actually did like the voice actor they chose for the main guy. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

27 minutes ago, AArkham said:

Not showing MP or giving a hint at some concrete flighting plans

Even just a multiplayer reveal date would have / would still go a long way. I think the complete silence and lack of transparency on what to expect next fueled the fire more than it needed to be. Much of that fire wasn't positive and led to wild speculation on the date of the build, multiplayer delays, etc. Hopefully that's not a sign of how they'll be receiving feedback and making game updates.

I want to see the following...

1. Multiplayer reveal date
  2. In depth walkthrough of the campaign demo with an employee (similar to the previous making of video but more focused on the engine and gameplay)
  3. Multiplayer gameplay reveal (arena, big team, battle royale)
  4. In depth walkthrough of the multiplayer demo with the multiplayer lead or the pro team focused on the multiplayer gameplay decisions
  5. Limited multiplayer beta flight (a public beta might be out of the question, but at least get some streamers and pros in on a beta)

Am I expecting any of that except (3), no... but I think it'd help.

2 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

Lol what happened in the last few hours

Toastomgi. Toastomgi happened.

• Like (+1) 3

Catching up on things it doesn't look like there are any recent news right?
Could have missed something the last 10 pages given I didn't want to read all the shit the trolling H3 kid was putting down.

50 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

I'm waiting for the multiplayer reveal to get more concrete thoughts, but as of right now I'm also excited for Infinite. I usually wouldn't be, but I've been playing a lot more MCC lately and it sparked something in me. I'll always have love for Halo.

Same here. I played nothing but Destiny and Nintendo games since back in October. Leading up to the reveal and now I've been playing Halo. I'm back to being excited and actively wanting to play the games.

53 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

I like to think because of the abilities just create a complicated game. Like there’s no sense of simplicity. Halo 6 may have sprint clamber slide, but these are simple, and something everyone’s used to. 
also h5 has a bug regarding its aiming so  if you don’t have adhd And epilepsy like me, can keep a level head even when bs happens you’ll enjoy things more.  H3 inconsistency in shots can be annoying but nothing is more annoying when I can’t hit someone because of bad input lag that is connection Based too, so you can’t find that perfect sensitivity like you can in any game on mcc. One match it’s smooth responsive and then the next you don’t even know what happened.

The aiming is def a part of it. Taking time away from H5 and with other FPS games makes me realize that you have to consistently play 5 to maintain accuracy. It came back after a few days, but it's hard to pick back up and play

34 minutes ago, Botheredhat360 said:

Voice acting was spot on?

"Spartan, we thought you dead."

Brilliant

Absolutely brilliant. The speech at the end by Escharum and Chief's voice.

30 minutes ago, timeforkoalas said:

Even just a multiplayer reveal date would have / would still go a long way. I think the complete silence and lack of transparency on what to expect next fueled the fire more than it needed to be. Much of that fire wasn't positive and led to wild speculation on the date of the build, multiplayer delays, etc. Hopefully that's not a sign of how they'll be receiving feedback and making game updates.

I want to see the following...

1. Multiplayer reveal date
  2. In depth walkthrough of the campaign demo with an employee (similar to the previous making of video but more focused on the engine and gameplay)
  3. Multiplayer gameplay reveal (arena, big team, battle royale)
  4. In depth walkthrough of the multiplayer demo with the multiplayer lead or the pro team focused on the multiplayer gameplay decisions
  5. Limited multiplayer beta flight (a public beta might be out of the question, but at least get some streamers and pros in on a beta)

Am I expecting any of that except (3), no... but I think it'd help.

It certainly would. The lack of MP info leaves a lot to be speculated on. I'm in the camp that thinks they're going to have two very different gameplay styles across campaign/potential warzoneish mode and the arena mode. To me, that signals that something is up. Other camps think it'll be consistent across the two. Personally? I wouldn't mind a MP with sprint/clamber/slide as the only abilities and the "new" abilities be pickups. Would I want no sprint? Yea, for sure. Will I be outraged if it's in? Nah, although the recent Halo games haven't been the highest quality I still think the gameplay is good and fun.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Completely off-topic but since the H5 thread is dead:

I'm currently halfway through rank 149 on 5. I was interested in seeing if I could get to 152 by mid-november for the infinite release reward. So, it appears I would need to play 17 days of Legendary Warzone FF by then to get to 152. With work in healthcare and irl stuff it doesn't seem possible. Makes me wish I had played during the COVID double xp days. Stay safe, everyone

• Like (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

On 7/28/2020 at 11:28 AM, Exidrion said:

Wouldn't say as much. I tried to get as far as I could but the speed at which he talks and the general pretentious "well achkually" tone just drove me nuts, how people get all that "matter of fact" preconception from an 8 minute clip I have no idea. 

I feel bad for content creators, because there's always those who will focus on tone, or delivery, or how fast they talk, or the background footage, or... well anything other than the actual content.

Oh, and i can't forget my personal favorite, "I've only watched part of this, but here's why it's bad"

33 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

This might be my greatest contribution to the Halo ecosystem in 15 years.

I should've known you were the mind behind something this.... bold.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Hooked 1

1 hour ago, Reamis25 said:

I really hope halo has a quality infection mode. Idk about you guys but I love infection. But it’s biggest problem is the lack of balance between when you’re infected. I wish infection could keep the normal 12 players but everyone starts off as human and we’re instead attacked by flood. If you’re killed you’re turned into a special combat form that one hit kills the players, but will have assistance by the flood AI. Now on the previous engine blam this no doubt couldn’t be done but I expect with slip space this is a possibility. This would be way more fun and fair, and if people rage quit no harm done. I’d also like it if there was an objective to get too(pelican) so it be even better 

I never played a lot of infection but I think that's a good idea. It has potential to be better than what we got in 4 and 5. I think it would be great to have maps that spawn you on one end and have an objective for you to reach on the other end so you avoid situations where half the players are sitting in the same spot not moving.

• Like (+1) 1

Can't a mod or admin check for duplicate IPs? I've seen this done on other forums to deal with alt account garbage.

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, HeX Reapers said:

Can't a mod or admin check for duplicate IPs? I've seen this done on other forums to deal with alt account garbage.

You just can’t handle the H3 BR...fucking staff captain garbage..,go play griffball kid.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, HeX Reapers said:

We were able to BXR him off the platform because he could only play Halo 3.

• Like (+1) 8

I'm glad I wasn't alone in my thinking that Reamis and Tostagami were the same person, it was that obvious right?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

2 minutes ago, Jmacz said:

I'm glad I wasn't alone in my thinking that Reamis and Tostagami were the same person, it was that obvious right?

I just wish everyone ignored the obvious troll bait. Arlong got these dudes hooked for like 5 pages now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

I just wish everyone ignored the obvious troll bait. Arlong got these dudes hooked for like 5 pages now.

At this point, I’m just trying to lay out the arguments for any lurkers who happen to be reading.

• Simms (+1) 1