CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Did someone really share a 2 shot beat down clip to defend the H3 BR? 

Wack

• Like (+1) 3
  • Hooked 1

Man this thread is really giving us H3 kids who know the H3 BR is fucking terrible have a life and don't have to resort to trolling on niche gaming forums just to feel something (anything, HELP I'M SCREAMING INTO THE VOID) despite being a fully grown adult a bad name

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 3

1 hour ago, Reamis25 said:

So who are you originally 

@Apoll0 the BR could easily be a perfect TTK of 1 second. 

I think that would be a pretty fast cadence for a weapon where the burst also takes time.  For a single shot, thats fine but when you're getting hit by a 4 shot BR that kills in 1 second i bet it feels more like you're getting hit with an AR. Unless you go the route of the original H5 BR and have It basically be a single shot that just has a 3 shot report, in which case you might as well just have it be single shot to begin with.

55 minutes ago, RatherSilentMr said:

You weren't they guy that would play with his head like 2 inches from the monitor were you?  That guy cracked me up.  God I drank waaaaaaay too many Cheery Dr. Peppers that weekend.   

LOL are you thinking of FearItSelf? He would lean so far in you could only see his forehead on the face cam.

25 minutes ago, Infinity said:

Outside of Machinima and Invasion I've never felt any need for playable Elites in multiplayer.

Neither have I, but it’s a neat custom feature I know many love. This is why reach did it better than 2-3 by having specific game types like elite slayer, or invasion.

22 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

I think that would be a pretty fast cadence for a weapon where the burst also takes time.  For a single shot, thats fine but when you're getting hit by a 4 shot BR that kills in 1 second i bet it feels more like you're getting hit with an AR. Unless you go the route of the original H5 BR and have It basically be a single shot that just has a 3 shot report, in which case you might as well just have it be single shot to begin with.

LOL are you thinking of FearItSelf? He would lean so far in you could only see his forehead on the face cam.

Ok then 1.2 seconds. I think the utility needs to be fast, but enough team shot has its uses but not exactly necessary 

I think elites in social is perfectly fine, gives people more fun options and also helps attract 8 year olds to the game because they all seem to love playing as dinos for whatever reason

• Simms (+1) 1

Playable dinos ruined Halo because it necessitated making a duplicate of every single gun so that the Arbiter can properly headshot stuff.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Salt (-1) 1

I'd rather they keep elites distinct from spartans stats-wise and isolated them to large-scale asymmetrical modes. 

It's a blue-moon rarity thing for me to say, but Reach had the right idea.

If not, the H2/3 route with modified stats for large scale asymmetrical modes would be fine too. 

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

By giving each species a unique spawn weapon, Elites get a battery operated automatic while Brutes get a Flakcannon (disguised as a Mauler/Bruteshot combo), you can create a unique experience that players then associate with that species ie they remember brute gametypes consist of shotguns and explosives.  

Gimme the purple elite hud to

• Upvote (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Infinity said:

Outside of Machinima and Invasion I've never felt any need for playable Elites in multiplayer.

How about signaling that you're about to enter an easy gun fight?

For whatever reason, bad players just flock to the playable Elite model. The most consistent/predictable thing in Halo.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Playing SWAT in Halo 3 against Elites was literally the worst Halo experience I've ever had.

Yeah that sucked

6 hours ago, Aphex Twin said:

I love how you can never defend Halo 3's gameplay mechanics. It's almost like you think the BR being random is an improvement over the H2 BR & CE pistol (a common mindset amongst r/halo & waypoint. I'm sure they miss you). 

He also never even attempted to counter any of the points I made in that 3 paragraph argument as to why h3 is bad based off of RNG BR and slow kill times alone. Don’t expect anything intelligent to come from him. You don’t like h3 cause ur bad. It’s that simple

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Aphex Twin said:

Dude Aaron Carter is popular - his lines are dope.

I met that guy once.

Very surreal.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

I’m on my phone and just noticed that this is the halo infinite thread. I’ll stop arguing here now but @Toastomgi3 man up and respond to the simple set of arguments I laid out in the other thread or you are an impotent n00b

also how many accounts do you have jfc

Just now, Toastomgi3 said:

Too argue that halo 3 is bad would have to correlate into failure right? Why was it so successful if it was so bad.

Same reason Nickleback and CoD are so successful. 

• Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

I'm confused. Is he saying that he's in denial of the the indisputable objective fact that spread exists, completely independent of lag/latency, and is hard-coded into the game, something people knew about literally 12-13 years ago? Or is he saying that he's so good at the game that it doesn't matter, and he's somehow found a way to "beat it"? I don't get it. 

5 minutes ago, Toastomgi3 said:

Too argue that halo 3 is bad would have to correlate into failure right? Why was it so successful if it was so bad.

You cant say because halo 1 and 2. Because you would just play those games instead if it was bad. You have to give props where its due.

So if a game sells well it means it doesn't have flaws

Just now, Toastomgi3 said:

Soooooo are we trolling or going to come up with something.

You tell us. 

• Like (+1) 3

I quoted my argument again in the mcc chat and tagged you. Please address it piece by piece there. Unless you are scared or something