CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

10 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Elite Slayer could return and spawn players with a perfectly accurate Plasma Repeater with headshot bonus.  At least on arena maps.  

yeah that could be fine. Do whatever you want for variant gametypes lol.  I just mean in core game.  Really i would rather have a single shot weapon as the starter, but im fine with the BR too. Kill time is a little long but H2 is still my favorite game of all time so im not going to cry about it lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Toastomgi said:

If you were speaking any facts a conversation could be held.

The BR and H3 was made for LAN. Major Tournament play was held on LAN. 

The BR was only inconsistant with bad hosts. Ex. West coast vs east coast would bad for business.

Competitive settings are going to always be different then social to make the game have the most skill to win.

TTK is only a comparison of kill times. H3 KT works. Good.

Strafe is better then H2 and H1? Tf are you talking about

Wtf does spawn timers have to do with anything

The conversation was held and concluded more than a decade ago. Spoilers: H3 wasn't that favored. 

The BR being "made for LAN" doesn't make it any less of a shitshow online, which is where most matches of Halo 3 were played. Please, tell me why Bungie intentionally designed the BR to only be tolerable on LAN, and complete fucking dogshit online. 

The BR was inconsistent no matter what host, you idiot. The spread on the thing means that you have to hope that the gun doesn't shit itself when you're shooting someone scoped or unscoped at mid range. Inconsistency was the fucking norm online, do you think that the phrase "eating shots" was born out of a few inconsistent matches? 

Most of H3's sandbox was fucking aborted to make room for "competitive play". None of it was in CE, and there's no compulsion for a game's sandbox needing to be castrated for it to be competitive either. Even the MLG sandbox blows dicks out it's ass, with the exception of snipe. 

"Halo 3 kill times work" You couldn't recognize a skillgap to save your life. 1.6 second killtimes are why teamshot is the only meta in post-CE Halo. The only thing that Halo 3's TTK works for is 15 minute slayer matches running out the clock. 

Strafe sucked dicks in Halo 3, not going to debate you here. Even on 110% speed, Halo 2's is leagues better. Even CE's is better because killing someone in mid-strafe with the pistol takes leagues more effort than just mindlessly swiping with the BR and hoping that more of your shots register than your opponent's. 

"How do spawn timers matter" are you sure you aren't the random? Dumbest question I've heard

• Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 4

Oh here you can check out some recent Halo content I've posted.

I actually play Halo.

ezgif-7-76e12d1563ae.gif

I'm not a bitter complaint making troll that flames anyone that likes H3 because they fail at it. Like 90% of this forum.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Eleven said:

ToaSt

Gt: Eternul

Played @Snipe Three a few times in HC playlist. He's ok.

How long have you played on that tag?  

2 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

The conversation was held and concluded more than a decade ago. Spoilers: H3 wasn't that favored. 

The BR being "made for LAN" doesn't make it any less of a shitshow online, which is where most matches of Halo 3 were played. Please, tell me why Bungie intentionally designed the BR to only be tolerable on LAN, and complete fucking dogshit online. 

The BR was inconsistent no matter what host, you idiot. The spread on the thing means that you have to hope that the gun doesn't shit itself when you're shooting someone scoped or unscoped at mid range. Inconsistency was the fucking norm online, do you think that the phrase "eating shots" was born out of a few inconsistent matches? 

Most of H3's sandbox was fucking aborted to make room for "competitive play". None of it was in CE, and there's no compulsion for a game's sandbox needing to be castrated for it to be competitive either. Even the MLG sandbox blows dicks out it's ass, with the exception of snipe. 

"Halo 3 kill times work" You couldn't recognize a skillgap to save your life. 1.6 second killtimes are why teamshot is the only meta in post-CE Halo. The only thing that Halo 3's TTK works for is 15 minute slayer matches running out the clock. 

Strafe sucked dicks in Halo 3, not going to debate you here. Even on 110% speed, Halo 2's is leagues better. Even CE's is better because killing someone in mid-strafe with the pistol takes leagues more effort than just mindlessly swiping with the BR and hoping that more of your shots register than your opponent's. 

"How do spawn timers matter" are you sure you aren't the random? Dumbest question I've heard

"Lets not debate with opinions but instead facts that lead to opinions."

I stopped reading after you said H3 wasn't favored lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

2 minutes ago, Boyo said:

How long have you played on that tag?  

Just now, Eleven said:

But you go by toast?  

Just now, Boyo said:

But you go by toast?  

ToaSt in H1.

Eternul in H3.

Just now, Eleven said:

ToaSt in H1.

Eternul in H3.

Any competition experience?  

Right...okay...well...anyway...

So gameplay aside for a second something I feel Halo Infinite needs on pc would be actual level design tools. Forge is great and I'm sure it will be improved even more in Halo Infinite but Forge is just an in game map editor, it doesn't allow for custom substance materials, imported assets(obj or fbx), vfx creation, and custom lighting the same way an actual game engine would. I'm sure there are TONS of 3D artists such as myself and others that would absolutely love to have access to those kinds of tools for Halo Infinite. Steam workshop would be nice too and should even support custom user created skins.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Elite Slayer could return and spawn players with a perfectly accurate Plasma Repeater with headshot bonus.  At least on arena maps.  

Legit, sounds like that could be fun

6 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I stopped reading after you said H3 wasn't favored lol.

I don't know if you can read at all. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1

1 minute ago, aa_Pregnant_Nun said:

Right...okay...well...anyway...

So gameplay aside for a second something I feel Halo Infinite needs on pc would be actual level design tools. Forge is great and I'm sure it will be improved even more in Halo Infinite but Forge is just an in game map editor, it doesn't allow for custom substance materials, imported assets(obj or fbx), vfx creation, and custom lighting the same way an actual game engine would. I'm sure there are TONS of 3D artists such as myself and others that would absolutely love to have access to those kinds of tools for Halo Infinite. Steam workshop would be nice too and should even support custom user created skins.

I mean this will be possible if infinite has true mod support. 

2 minutes ago, Toastomgi14 said:

2009 Dallas. Local team.

I got content for days.

I would be interested in seeing gameplay with commentary.  

17 minutes ago, PolyG said:

Legit, sounds like that could be fun

By giving each species a unique spawn weapon, Elites get a battery operated automatic while Brutes get a Flakcannon (disguised as a Mauler/Bruteshot combo), you can create a unique experience that players then associate with that species ie they remember brute gametypes consist of shotguns and explosives.  

12 minutes ago, Toastomgi14 said:

2009 Dallas. Local team.

I got content for days.

That was the single most difficult LAN tournament Halo ever had. If you werent double firsted I'll give mad props.

• Upvote (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Toastomgi14 said:

2009 Dallas. Local team.

I got content for days.

You weren't they guy that would play with his head like 2 inches from the monitor were you?  That guy cracked me up.  God I drank waaaaaaay too many Cheery Dr. Peppers that weekend.   

• Simms (+1) 1

I do wonder if elites and brutes will be playable. 343 would make the community happy big time if that’s the case. Just do what reach did and only allow them to specific modes though 

Outside of Machinima and Invasion I've never felt any need for playable Elites in multiplayer.

• Like (+1) 7

4 minutes ago, Infinity said:

Outside of Machinima and Invasion I've never felt any need for playable Elites in multiplayer.

Those Covenant starts Slayer gametypes. Idk those always felt dumb with Spartans.

In that same train of thought, Marines for SWAT.