CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Just now, Toastomgi said:

You dont understand why they did it... I do. Your a noob arguing with me. Get good.

With the way you argue, I'm going to guess that it has something to do with Donald Trump and the coronavirus.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Uh you still have to use the XBL service through Steam

Not exactly. You have to use an Xbox gamer tag account. I have game pass tied to my account and I still needed to purchase mcc separately to play it via steam. I love how you made a point to say “halo isn’t a hero shooter” as if that denies the possibility of high skin Possibilities. One skin can be sold for thousands and with the high vehicle and gun ratio(there’s definitely more than twenty+ guns) and (10+ vehicles) with tons of skin possibilities. Oh and that’s with halo campaign and like reach possibly fire fight selling for maybe 30-60$. Or free via game pass 15$ a month or 60$ a year. They can make that 500m they supposedly spent making this game back.  Also the 500 million never once has ever been confirmed, but like this possibility I’m speaking of hasn’t either. 

6 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

I only disagree because of were factoring the pc community here. The average pc person doesn’t use the windows/Xbox store app and that’s the only way atm to use game pass. Pc gamers want to use steam and I think it’s already been confirmed infinite will be on steam. 
and hey if the Xbox Vice President says it’s basically a possibility don’t just flat out deny the rumor of happening. 
the game pass isn’t enough I believe unless they add shit to steam. 

Just because you're factoring in the PC community, which apparently won't pay $10-15 / month for hundreds of games including Infinite just because of a different store, doesn't mean you should just disregard the Xbox community too.

And again, we need to think about the factor that XBL Gold may become free. Which is going to be a ton of lost revenue, and subscribers that Microsoft has. The only way they ever get that type of revenue back is by locking customers into Game Pass for, essentially, the rest of your Xbox/PC gaming days. They need games like Halo to get people into GP.

1 minute ago, JordanB said:

Just because you're factoring in the PC community, which apparently won't pay $10-15 / month for hundreds of games including Infinite just because of a different store, doesn't mean you should just disregard the Xbox community too.

And again, we need to think about the factor that XBL Gold may become free. Which is going to be a ton of lost revenue, and subscribers that Microsoft has. The only way they ever get that type of revenue back is by locking customers into Game Pass for, essentially, the rest of your Xbox/PC gaming days. They need games like Halo to get people into GP.

That is true but that’s still tons of $$ going M$ way. Let’s factor in 343 is just the makers not the publisher. 

8 minutes ago, Toastomgi said:

You dont understand why they did it... 

Humor me - why do you think MLG increased player damage in their settings?

While you're at it, can you name 3 design elements in Halo 3 that improved the game relative to H2 and CE? 

1 minute ago, Aphex Twin said:

Humor me - why do you think MLG increased player damage in their settings?

While you're at it, can you name 3 design elements in Halo 3 that improved the game relative to H2 and CE? 

You have no friends. I'm sure of it.

• Downvote (-1) 7

2 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

That is true but that’s still tons of $$ going M$ way. Let’s factor in 343 is just the makers not the publisher. 

You're speculating with that. COD is $60 with a ton of microtransactions, and they release a new game every year, and they definitely sell all their stupid gun skins. 

9 minutes ago, Botheredhat360 said:

Not sure if this has been posted but LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL PS4 HAHAHAHAH

I fucking love Dreams

5 minutes ago, JordanB said:

You're speculating with that. COD is $60 with a ton of microtransactions, and they release a new game every year, and they definitely sell all their stupid gun skins. 

Eh cod is more popular than halo has been. They sell skins because they’re actually good. Bo4 skins were bought more than their dlc. At the end of the day this is a gamble. People are more inclinded to stick with a free game that may be fun. 

6 minutes ago, Toastomgi said:

You have no friends. I'm sure of it.

So you dont know why MLG increased player damage then? And you also cant name 3 design aspects Halo 3 improved on? 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Reamis25 said:

Eh cod is more popular than halo has been. They sell skins because they’re actually good. Bo4 skins were bought more than their dlc. At the end of the day this is a gamble. People are more inclinded to stick with a free game that may be fun. 

If Halo isn't free, more people will try it on game pass. If Halo is good, you essentially lock those customers into GP for 2? 3? 5? (apparently) 10? years to keep playing Halo - and many other games too. If Halo isn't free, people try it on GP, and Halo sucks, they go eh I have 3 more weeks of this let's try out some games. Now you have a huge set of games to play through and realize GP is a better value then buying games. Now you're locked in.

If Halo is free, and it's bad, that's less people playing with less DLC. Keeping it in GP is both safer and better in the long run.

2 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

So you dont know why MLG increased player damage then? And you also cant name 3 design aspects Halo 3 improved on? 

I know why. But do you know why? It's not a question to ask because these are widely known by Millions that have played the game. Your weird.

• Downvote (-1) 3
  • Thonking (+0) 2

Just now, JordanB said:

If Halo isn't free, more people will try it on game pass. If Halo is good, you essentially lock those customers into GP for 2? 3? 5? (apparently) 10? years to keep playing Halo - and many other games too. If Halo isn't free, people try it on GP, and Halo sucks, they go eh I have 3 more weeks of this let's try out some games. Now you have a huge set of games to play through and realize GP is a better value then buying games. Now you're locked in.

If Halo is free, and it's bad, that's less people playing with less DLC. Keeping it in GP is both safer and better in the long run.

Quick question has that Xbl rumor being free? How much credibility does it have. From what I’ve heard gamepAss and gold are just going to become one. People Xbox players won’t be able to play online without game pass

Just now, Toastomgi said:

these are widely known by Millions that have played the game.

Much like the RNG spread that Bungie explained & defended in that post I linked. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Just now, Aphex Twin said:

Much like the RNG spread that Bungie explained & defended in that post I linked. 

Its lead. The third bullet comes out the slowest.

• Downvote (-1) 2

1 minute ago, Aphex Twin said:

Lol I bet most have never read that. 

Can somebody help me find a match? There was a game where Puckett said something like, "don't worry guys; reach is coming out soon" after some guy tanked a bunch of bullets. I think it was an Amplified game in 2010 with Triggers Down

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Toastomgi said:

Its lead. The third bullet comes out the slowest.

It's RNG. Re-read the post (pretty sure you didnt read it the first time).

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Aphex Twin said:

It's RNG. Re-read the post (pretty sure you didnt read it the first time).

Everyone knows Halo 3 diehards can't read

• Like (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Quick question has that Xbl rumor being free? How much credibility does it have. From what I’ve heard gamepAss and gold are just going to become one. People Xbox players won’t be able to play online without game pass

Microsoft intentionally took away your ability to buy a 12 month Gold on their website a while ago now, so it isn't a bug or glitch.

It's possible GP and Gold are combining, but that would be horrible for Microsoft. Right now you can get Gold for $60/year at MSRP. GP is $10/month which would mean you'd have to pay $120/year to have both Gold and GP. That makes no sense for the customers. Plus with Microsoft trying to sync everything with Xbox and PC so much, it makes sense that if your PC customers don't have to pay to play online, the Xbox customers shouldn't either.

It's not confirmed but there's definitely something happening, and with so much speculation about it potentially becoming free, it could really cause a lot of backlash if that were to not happen.

3 minutes ago, JordanB said:

Microsoft intentionally took away your ability to buy a 12 month Gold on their website a while ago now, so it isn't a bug or glitch.

It's possible GP and Gold are combining, but that would be horrible for Microsoft. Right now you can get Gold for $60/year and at MSRP. GP is $10/month which would mean you'd have to pay $120/year to have both Gold and GP. That makes no sense for the customers. Plus with Microsoft trying to sync everything with Xbox and PC so much, it makes sense that if your PC customers don't have to pay to play online, the Xbox customers shouldn't either.

It's not confirmed but there's definitely something happening, and with so much speculation about it potentially becoming free, it could really cause a lot of backlash if that were to not happen.

Hmm well usually when stuff merges they don’t just take what both costed and add them together in price. They do some of merge with a little subtraction. Basically since both yearly cost 60$ they might just increase it to 80,90, or 100 since they’re now merged. People will still pay it. M$ hasn’t done a good job with that synchronization and unless they do better work with steam then nothing is set in stone. GamepAss on pc won’t be a success unless two things happen. 1. They combine that with steam.

2. Make a better fucking app as the windows store is the worst video game launcher there is.