CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

4 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

Looks like you skipped this part (wilfull ignorance): 

"
Bulletology

In Halo 3, each bullet from the Battle Rifle’s three-round burst is networked individually under the cases outlined above. Additionally, each bullet has a different margin of error, with the first round from the Battle Rifle being the most accurate of the three bullets. The first bullet can have an error between 0 and .15 degrees off of the true aiming vector. The third bullet is between 0 and 0.38 degrees, the second bullet falls somewhere between the first and third. It is a mistake to look at where the third bullet lands and assume all three bullets are that inaccurate. The outliers (0.15 on bullet 1 and 0.38 on bullet 3) are the absolute worst-case scenarios. In that context those numbers don’t mean a whole lot – but in the grand scheme thing of how the Battle Rifle operates, they are pretty meaningful.

The Battle Rifle works this way because after Halo 2 it was retuned to be a reliable headshot and anti-sniper weapon (in terms of pinging Snipers at distance from their scoped-in state). The first bullet in the burst fills this role – it is quite accurate (identical to the Halo 2 BR, but with a travel time), and will kill an unshielded unit with a headshot or ping a sniper.

Another design goal with the Battle Rifle in Halo 3 was to bring the kill-range closer. One way this was achieved was by giving bullets 2 and 3 from the BR a wider error, which makes them less likely to land outside of the BR’s intended effective range. Summarily, this reduces the BR’s effectiveness AND damage output at those ranges, without compromising its ability to finish a target at the same range.

This change allows the Battle Rifle to be competitive in terms of damage output at closer-than-Halo 2-levels, without being so effective at longer range, that players caught in the open are gunned down too quickly (that task in Halo 3’s sandbox belongs to the Sniper Rifle. If you need to control a space 30wu [world units] away, use it instead).

Math Class

Over distance, the three BR bullets spread further than they are during the black line (see: fig 2) in the initial burst. In order to solve for how much a bullet’s flight will vary over distance – the aforementioned margin of error are used in this equation:

SIN(Bullet’s Margin of Error)xDistance to Target in WU(world units) = Actual margin of error from target

For the first, and most accurate bullet coming from the Battle Rifle here’s the equation:
SIN(.15)xDistance in World Units = Error margin for a given bullet at a specific range.
In the case of the Battle Rifle on Guardian, the approximate distance from Snipe 2 to Gold 2 is roughly 18 world units. Plugging those numbers into the equation yields a value of .047 world units in the absolute worst case scenario for that bullet. Since one world unit is equal to 10 feet, the variation on that bullet is 0.047 world units, or roughly half of a foot. Considering that the Spartan model is 0.75 world units (the Chief is 7 and a half feet tall) you can get a pretty good idea of what kind of variation will come from that bullet, that works out to roughly a half a foot of variation at that distance. The Chief’s helmet is approximately 0.094 world units wide, so if the shields pop, that bullet – aimed and fired accurately – under reasonable network conditions yields a kill"

Its basic lead. Farther away. Lead farther.

You believing H3 isnt good is because you suck at the game. I'm 100% sure of this.

• Downvote (-1) 5
  • Salt (-1) 2

6 minutes ago, Toastomgi said:

Your a fucking random. If you knew anything about Halo you'd have an arguement instead of running your mouth. Nothing your saying has a backbone.

You're = you are

You're trying to say "you're a fucking random", which still doesn't make sense as an insult because I've never seen you on a pro team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Aphex Twin said:

Willfully ignorant. 

LAN fixes all that "RNG" you think that article is saying. Find me a BR shot being random on LAN.

Your BR shot is terrible. I know it. I hear it in your posts.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4
  • WutFace (+0) 1

Infinite multiplayer won't be free.  Gamepass will have a free week or month trial or whatever, but they want people buying into that ecosystem.  Making it free outside of Game Pass would be undercutting their own subscription strategy.  I wouldn't be surprised if there was a seasonal "Battle Pass" that you don't have to buy if you are a Game Pass subscriber.  I would also not be surprised if they were sold separately, but there is just no world where i see the multiplayer being free outside of game pass unless..... they pull a CoD and make their BR variant a separate free offering.  But again, even that will probably have some sort of battle pass thing that's "Free" if you are subscribed to game pass.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Toastomgi said:

LAN fixes all that "RNG" you think that article is saying.

Do you know what Bungie, the game developer for Halo 3, means by the phrase "margin of error?" 

Trying to pinpoint where you're getting lost.

• Like (+1) 1

@JordanB let’s go back to what we talked about earlier. It’ll be amazing if the rumor is true. The game pass will still sell since many will want to play the campaign. Compared to most FPS games where multiplayer is dominant people tend to love halos campaign. 
the MTX skin system and maybe even armors could make them a lot of $$. A holographic skin that changes colors, or even blinks would be cool. Imagine a skin on one gun that changes when shooting? That stuff makes games money. This is a sci-fi game where they won’t be held back by realistic shit

1 minute ago, Ugug said:

You're = you are

You're trying to say "you're a fucking random", which still doesn't make sense as an insult because I've never seen you on a pro team.

It's the spelling patrol. It's called ebonics.

Omg ebonics are the devil wif

• Downvote (-1) 3

2 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

Do you know what Bungie, the game developer for Halo 3, means by the phrase "margin of error?" 

Trying to pinpoint where you're getting lost.

Just show me proof of the BR being random. Unless you dont have any...

• Downvote (-1) 3

9 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

Infinite multiplayer won't be free.  Gamepass will have a free week or month trial or whatever, but they want people buying into that ecosystem.  Making it free outside of Game Pass would be undercutting their own subscription strategy.  I wouldn't be surprised if there was a seasonal "Battle Pass" that you don't have to buy if you are a Game Pass subscriber.  I would also not be surprised if they were sold separately, but there is just no world where i see the multiplayer being free outside of game pass unless..... they pull a CoD and make their BR variant a separate free offering.  But again, even that will probably have some sort of battle pass thing that's "Free" if you are subscribed to game pass.

Why is this so unbelievable to you? Halo reach multiplayer is free to play on Xbox, but its campaign was sold separately or free but only if you have game pass. Oh that also includes fire fight. Are you underestimating the potential that skin revenue has? On a 60$ game people buy that stuff still but way less. I’m telling you man it has potential, it wasn’t even denied. Heck’s 343 could make certain modes like forge unavailable or fire fight in infinite. 

3 minutes ago, Toastomgi said:

That's...not ebonics. Are you ok?

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Toastomgi said:

Just show me proof of the BR being random. 

The article I linked you where the developer explains how and why the BR was designed to be random is proof. Much more solid evidence than a one off video.

Why did MLG increase player damage in their settings? 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Reamis25 said:

Why is this so unbelievable to you? Halo reach multiplayer is free to play on Xbox, but its campaign was sold separately or free but only if you have game pass. Oh that also includes fire fight. Are you underestimating the potential that skin revenue has? On a 60$ game people buy that stuff still but way less.

Halo Reach was free, within MCC - as an add-on 5 years after MCC's release. Don't forget Reach was added to gain hype for Halo again and to get people playing it on PC. It wasn't just added as some nice gesture. 

• Like (+1) 1

Why is this so unbelievable to you? Halo reach multiplayer is free to play on Xbox, but its campaign was sold separately or free but only if you have game pass. Oh that also includes fire fight. Are you underestimating the potential that skin revenue has? On a 60$ game people buy that stuff still but way less. I’m telling you man it has potential, it wasn’t even denied.

Not disagreeing with you that the multiplayer could be offered for free (just don't know at this point), but Reach is not a good basis for that belief. There's a biiiiiig difference between making a decade-old, last gen game available for free versus making a brand new, first-game-available-on-the-newest-gen-console game available for free.

2 minutes ago, JordanB said:

Halo Reach was free, within MCC - as an add-on 5 years after MCC's release. Don't forget Reach was added to gain hype for Halo again and to get people playing it on PC. It wasn't just added as some nice gesture. 

It still happened, and this wouldn’t be a nice gesture. This is a way to make $$. I’m trying to tell you that They could make more $$ with infinite being free to play MP wise than selling it for 60$.

6 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Are you underestimating the potential that skin revenue has?

1) Halo is not a hero shooter

2) The REQ system was also based on in-game consumables for a reason

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Toastomgi said:

Lol, coming in and trying to act like you're smarter than everybody else while misspelling half of your words is not ebonics. Also, I'm still curious about how you're not a random.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Cursed Lemon said:

1) Halo is not a hero shooter

2) The REQ system was also based on in-game consumables for a reason

1. TF that means nothing stop thinking of overwatch or valorant only. Skins sell a lot, especially weapon skins. With the recent update to ce they can have weapon and vehicle skins 
2. The req system was heavily disliked because of its p2w elements and it still made them a shit ton of $$

4 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

It still happened, and this wouldn’t be a nice gesture. This is a way to make $$. I’m trying to tell you that They could make more $$ with infinite being free to play MP wise than selling it for 60$.

I'm trying to tell you they will make more $$ with Game Pass then Infinite having free multiplayer + microtransactions

Well I've officially blocked Toast. I normally don't care but jesus christ this guy. I please recommend others to do the same so this thread doesn't just become one argument with a troll. Thanks

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

The article I linked you where the developer explains how and why the BR was designed to be random is proof. Much more solid evidence than a one off video.

Why did MLG increase player damage in their settings? 

I already explained it to you. YDGI.

You not understanding MLGs settings let's me know you will never be good at Halo.

• Downvote (-1) 6

I find it hard to believe Halo Infinite will be free. I wouldn't get my hopes up on that one.

• Downvote (-1) 1

9 minutes ago, Landonio said:

That's...not ebonics. Are you ok?

You understood what I was saying. Ebonics. Gtfout of here.

• Downvote (-1) 1

4 minutes ago, JordanB said:

I'm trying to tell you they will make more $$ with Game Pass then Infinite having free multiplayer + microtransactions

I only disagree because of were factoring the pc community here. The average pc person doesn’t use the windows/Xbox store app and that’s the only way atm to use game pass. Pc gamers want to use steam and I think it’s already been confirmed infinite will be on steam. 
and hey if the Xbox Vice President says it’s basically a possibility don’t just flat out deny the rumor of happening. 
the game pass isn’t enough I believe unless they add shit to steam. 

4 minutes ago, Toastomgi said:

You not understanding MLGs settings...

Jesus christ, do you really not know that MLG increased player damage and movement settings in V2??

• Like (+1) 3

Pc gamers want to use steam and I think it’s already been confirmed infinite will be on steam.

Uh you still have to use the XBL service through Steam

5 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

Jesus christ, do you really not know that MLG increased player damage and movement settings in V2??

You dont understand why they did it... I do. Your a noob arguing with me. Get good.

Your question is why your giving this forum a bad name. Your suppose to know this to conversate on forums. Not be confused. They did it. Understand it and move on.

• Downvote (-1) 3