CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

11 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

Ignoring the RNG BR spread is willful ignorance.

Why don't you head back to r/halo. They love garbage mechanics, just like you! 

Dude your so late to Halo. Speaking in the context of 343s doing let's me know your Halo ********.

H3 is not MCC. It's a copy.

I now know your ******** in the context of Halo.

• Downvote (-1) 3
  • WutFace (+0) 1

4 minutes ago, JordanB said:

It's already going to be on game pass day 1, which is basically their future of gaming. And there's legit rumors of XBL Gold being free next gen. I don't think they're going to launch Infinite with multiplayer being free. if the game is bad people aren't going to play it just because it's free. If the game is good people will buy it

Well more people are inclined to try something if it’s free, and you know as well as halos multiplayer is it’s dominant played mode. 
not everyone has bought game pass, and pc players, most of us aren’t going to play infinite using that stupid store, we’re going to use steam and for good reason. 
I only speak about this rumor because of what phill Spencer said. He didn’t even deny the rumor. He in a way endorsed it which was interesting. I’d imagine this guy has the say on matters like that. 
Besides skins, imagine if they sold servers to people by monthly basis? Like pay 20$ to have “one” server a month. People would do it. 

5 minutes ago, Toastomgi said:

Dude your so late on Halo. Speaking with a perspective of 343s doing.

I love how you can never defend Halo 3's gameplay mechanics. It's almost like you think the BR being random is an improvement over the H2 BR & CE pistol (a common mindset amongst r/halo & waypoint. I'm sure they miss you). 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Reamis25 said:

Well more people are inclined to try something if it’s free, and you know as well as halos multiplayer is it’s dominant played mode. 
not everyone has bought game pass, and pc players, most of us aren’t going to play infinite using that stupid store, we’re going to use steam and for good reason. 

The point is game pass is a huge selling feature for Microsoft. Someone who doesn't have game pass might sign up for it since Infinite is included in it anyway. If I don't have game pass and want to play Halo then I have no reason to sign up. Microsoft wants subscribers. And again, making it free doesn't really do a whole lot. If Halo is good, people will pay to play it because it's Halo. If it's bad, you aren't going to play it bec it's free. You'll try it, think it's bad and move on to the next game. And considering Microsoft wants more subscribers to GP, it makes very little sense to make Infinite free. That's extremely wishful thinking.

Just now, Aphex Twin said:

I love how you can never defend Halo 3's gameplay mechanics. It's almost like you think the BR being random is an improvement over the H2 BR & CE pistol.

I wish the h3 BR, carbine and pistol had no spread. Would definitely help things out. I’d like to play a modded version where nothing is changed just the spread 

Just now, JordanB said:

The point is game pass is a huge selling feature for Microsoft. Someone who doesn't have game pass might sign up for it since Infinite is included in it anyway. If I don't have game pass and want to play Halo then I have no reason to sign up. Microsoft wants subscribers. And again, making it free doesn't really do a whole lot. If Halo is good, people will pay to play it because it's Halo. If it's bad, you aren't going to play it bec it's free. You'll try it, think it's bad and move on to the next game. And considering Microsoft wants more subscribers to GP, it makes very little sense to make Infinite free. That's extremely wishful thinking.

Well pc players might like infinite. Let’s face it dude we’re all fucking die hards here. But most pc gamers or people who don’t play halo I’ve noticed liked what they saw gameplay wise, so that tells me something. And you’re still right though if it’s bad it’s bad. But you gotta understand this is a gamble and it may or may not pay off if true. Trust me unless that store improves they ain’t getting subs from pc players. 

2 hours ago, Boyo said:

Remember on The Pit, how players could originally spawn in attics?  

Picture an asymmetric urban map with an elevated train that loops around the city, passing overtop of the buildings below.  Attackers spawn on the train and can hop off at a number of different locations, fighting their way down from the rooftops.  Attackers typically fight an uphill battle but this map turns that on its head, spawning the attackers up high and the defenders down low.  

That would actually be awesome. Having significant dynamic map geometry on asym maps is a great idea, especially for 6v6 and higher. 

I'm at least somewhat anxious to see what's possible in Infinite's forge. 

If there's anything at all that I feel they haven't fucked up with, it's the forge and soundtrack. 

6 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

I love how you can never defend Halo 3's gameplay mechanics. It's almost like you think the BR being random is an improvement over the H2 BR & CE pistol (a common mindset amongst r/halo & waypoint. I'm sure they miss you). 

CE Pistol was lead as is H3s BR tf are you talking about random

Show me the BR being random. On LAN. Right now.

Go through all MLGs videos and find me one.

• Downvote (-1) 5
  • WutFace (+0) 2

2 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

I’d like to play a modded version where nothing is changed just the spread 

Just play a better game, one where RNG doesnt determine where your bullets land (integral design aspect of H3, bungie designed the game to be random). 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Toastomgi said:

Dude your so late to Halo. Speaking in the context of 343s doing let's me know your Halo ********.

H3 is not MCC. It's a copy.

On a more real note, why are you trying to defend the H3 BR? MCC or not, the game had unreasonably bad hitreg on any environment that wasn't LAN. Most mid-range BR fights have to be fought with your connection in mind more than your actual aim. Whatever skillgap you could have had with the projectile BR is completely polluted because of it. 

The sandbox sucks and needs to be removed for MLG play, the TTK is long as hell, the strafe is mediocre, and there's 3 minute spawn timers on power weapons. It's not a horrible game, but it's hardly the best Halo game. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

Just play a better game, one where RNG doesnt determine where your bullets land (integral design aspect of H3, bungie designed the game to be random). 

I don’t like h2 for X reasons. Ce I greatly hate for its map design, and terrible movement. H3 can be decently consistent sometimes but I greatly enjoy it for the most part. 
Halo infinite is going to be the modern halo. It’ll have cross play with input mm(I believe this will be the case) and the abilities sprint slide and clamber are usually not disliked in any game they’re in. I expect 343 will have playlist with classic settings and for us classic lovers we will just need to hope the sandbox and maps aren’t going to ruin them. i don’t think infinite will fail but a 60$ price tag definitely would contribute to a failure as more will be less inclined to buy it.

7 minutes ago, Toastomgi said:

Show me the BR being random. On LAN.

Here's bungie defending their design choice of making the BR RNG: https://halo.bungie.net/news/content.aspx?cid=14347

Every BR burst is random by design, regardless if you're online or on LAN. 

I think your mixing up 'RNG spread' with 'RNG netcode,' and I'm honestly surprised that a die hard H3 kid isnt aware of this. 

Even Reamis recognizes the BR's RNG spread that bungie programmed into the gun. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

Just now, Aphex Twin said:

What’s that supposed to mean? Are you implying you’re more intelligent just because you dislike h3, where I do not? 

5 minutes ago, Toastomgi said:

CE Pistol was lead as is H3s BR tf are you talking about random

Show me the BR being random. On LAN. Right now.

Go through all MLGs videos and find me one.

LOL wut. BR spread has nothing to do with netcode/lag. It's hard-coded into the game. 2007 called. 

Also am I the only person weirded out that this guy is having conversations with himself. :apg:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Toxic (+1) 3
  • WutFace (+0) 1

1 minute ago, _Synapse said:

He's implying that basically everyone acknowledges the RNG spread on the BR. 

Idk his context made it sound like he was implying Something else. Just because I’m not some ce is the bEsT hALo EvEr, doesn’t mean I can’t recognize utter bs. 

Let's see how many people can answer this: Why did MLG's H3 settings feature increased player damage? 

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Aphex Twin said:

Let's see how many people can answer this: Why did MLG's H3 settings feature increased player damage? 

To create better consistency. Since online sucked and the spread. I didn’t play h3 mlg in its prime, I played ranked slayer and LW.

3 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

Don’t bother man. Some of these guys are sure of themselves that they’re right. Anything CE> everything else. 

Your right.

18 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

Your a fucking random. If you knew anything about Halo you'd have an arguement instead of running your mouth. Nothing your saying has a backbone.

Find me a clip of the BR being random on LAN.

10 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

On a more real note, why are you trying to defend the H3 BR? MCC or not, the game had unreasonably bad hitreg on any environment that wasn't LAN. Most mid-range BR fights have to be fought with your connection in mind more than your actual aim. Whatever skillgap you could have had with the projectile BR is completely polluted because of it. 

The sandbox sucks and needs to be removed for MLG play, the TTK is long as hell, the strafe is mediocre, and there's 3 minute spawn timers on power weapons. It's not a horrible game, but it's hardly the best Halo game. 

If you were speaking any facts a conversation could be held.

The BR and H3 was made for LAN. Major Tournament play was held on LAN. 

The BR was only inconsistant with bad hosts. Ex. West coast vs east coast would bad for business.

Competitive settings are going to always be different then social to make the game have the most skill to win.

TTK is only a comparison of kill times. H3 KT works. Good.

Strafe is better then H2 and H1? Tf are you talking about

Wtf does spawn timers have to do with anything

• Downvote (-1) 2
  • Salt (-1) 1

12 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

Here's bungie defending their design choice of making the BR RNG: https://halo.bungie.net/news/content.aspx?cid=14347

Every BR burst is random by design, regardless if you're online or on LAN. 

I think your mixing up 'RNG spread' with 'RNG netcode,' and I'm honestly surprised that a die hard H3 kid isnt aware of this. 

Lol. That article says what I've said. BR is lead.

• Downvote (-1) 3

1 minute ago, Toastomgi said:

I’d like to point out there is some RNG on lan h3. And that’s even on the 360 version. It usually happens medium to long distanced fights. There is spread on the BR. It’s not really needed since it’s projectile. 

3 minutes ago, Toastomgi said:

Looks like you skipped this part (wilfull ignorance): 

"
Bulletology

In Halo 3, each bullet from the Battle Rifle’s three-round burst is networked individually under the cases outlined above. Additionally, each bullet has a different margin of error, with the first round from the Battle Rifle being the most accurate of the three bullets. The first bullet can have an error between 0 and .15 degrees off of the true aiming vector. The third bullet is between 0 and 0.38 degrees, the second bullet falls somewhere between the first and third. It is a mistake to look at where the third bullet lands and assume all three bullets are that inaccurate. The outliers (0.15 on bullet 1 and 0.38 on bullet 3) are the absolute worst-case scenarios. In that context those numbers don’t mean a whole lot – but in the grand scheme thing of how the Battle Rifle operates, they are pretty meaningful.

The Battle Rifle works this way because after Halo 2 it was retuned to be a reliable headshot and anti-sniper weapon (in terms of pinging Snipers at distance from their scoped-in state). The first bullet in the burst fills this role – it is quite accurate (identical to the Halo 2 BR, but with a travel time), and will kill an unshielded unit with a headshot or ping a sniper.

Another design goal with the Battle Rifle in Halo 3 was to bring the kill-range closer. One way this was achieved was by giving bullets 2 and 3 from the BR a wider error, which makes them less likely to land outside of the BR’s intended effective range. Summarily, this reduces the BR’s effectiveness AND damage output at those ranges, without compromising its ability to finish a target at the same range.

This change allows the Battle Rifle to be competitive in terms of damage output at closer-than-Halo 2-levels, without being so effective at longer range, that players caught in the open are gunned down too quickly (that task in Halo 3’s sandbox belongs to the Sniper Rifle. If you need to control a space 30wu [world units] away, use it instead).

Math Class

Over distance, the three BR bullets spread further than they are during the black line (see: fig 2) in the initial burst. In order to solve for how much a bullet’s flight will vary over distance – the aforementioned margin of error are used in this equation:

SIN(Bullet’s Margin of Error)xDistance to Target in WU(world units) = Actual margin of error from target

For the first, and most accurate bullet coming from the Battle Rifle here’s the equation:
SIN(.15)xDistance in World Units = Error margin for a given bullet at a specific range.
In the case of the Battle Rifle on Guardian, the approximate distance from Snipe 2 to Gold 2 is roughly 18 world units. Plugging those numbers into the equation yields a value of .047 world units in the absolute worst case scenario for that bullet. Since one world unit is equal to 10 feet, the variation on that bullet is 0.047 world units, or roughly half of a foot. Considering that the Spartan model is 0.75 world units (the Chief is 7 and a half feet tall) you can get a pretty good idea of what kind of variation will come from that bullet, that works out to roughly a half a foot of variation at that distance. The Chief’s helmet is approximately 0.094 world units wide, so if the shields pop, that bullet – aimed and fired accurately – under reasonable network conditions yields a kill"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

Just now, Reamis25 said:

I’d like to point out there is some RNG on lan h3. And that’s even on the 360 version. It usually happens medium to long distanced fights. There is spread on the BR. It’s not really needed since it’s projectile. 

I'm telling you from experience. It doesnt.

• Downvote (-1) 7