CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

The ONLY saving grace for Halo Infinite will be if it's as much of a diaster as it looks, if it comes out as a launch title for XSX after 5 years development and a reported $0.5bn dollars spent on it but still ends up looking and feeling like a game that is a year out from being finished like it looks like right now, it might FINALLY be the nail in 343's coffin. I won't get my hopes up, but you think that would be the final straw. Someone in a suit at Microsoft has to realise the value of the Halo IP and what a liability it is that it has stopped being a cash cow for them.

It's a hopeful theory, but I am praying that the reason 343 already announced there won't be a sequel to Infinite is actually because Microsoft have refused to renew contracts because they know what a mess it is. At this point they may just not be willing to sink any more time or money into 343 and are just going to make them release whatever sellotaped together turd they have for the XSX launch and then hand over the reigns to a competent company.

I so hope that is the case. I find it impossible to believe people over at Microsoft are seeing these test builds come out and actually thinking 'oh yes, groundbreaking stuff, this will be a classic like Rocket League which we can just release tiny incremental updates for for years to come!'

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 4

I'm actually pretty excited for Infinite overall. Obviously if the MP reveal is a dumpster fire, which given they're already talking about stuff being equipment(hopefully the grapple hook) I am cautiously optimistic. I guess I've given up on classic Halo coming back, and I just plan on enjoying the game. I've gotten a lot of playtime out of 5, more than $60 worth personally so I think Infinite will be a day one purchase for me. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I hope to god somehow they have brains and Arena is classic style Halo but I am not even going to try to get my hopes up

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

All ME! 

You seem very proud of being unwanted.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

Does anyone know the day next month when m$ is going to reveal more info on the X? They’re announcing the release date and that’s infinite’s release day. 

We must seize the means of Halo’s production, comrades. 

Only then will there be a Halo game that the fans will truly enjoy. 

22 minutes ago, darkstar said:

We must seize the means of Halo’s production, comrades. 

Only then will there be a Halo game that the fans will truly enjoy. 

It’s called make a fan game and good luck

@Shekkles clever 

• Downvote (-1) 1

I’m going out of a whim here and assuming Marty has made some disrespectful comments about 343, otherwise I can’t see a solid reason they wouldn’t hire him. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

2 hours ago, timeforkoalas said:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-infinite-multiplayer-teased-by-phil-spencer/1100-6480279/

Esports players being "heavily involved" I assume is the pro team at 343 and not anything bigger. For those thinking that arena multiplayer might be pure classic gameplay, that doesn't sound too hopeful.

"He told iJustine that that Halo Infinite will build off the multiplayer element of Halo 5: Guardians, which was generally well-received by fans."

"We know, for some many people, Halo CE started with us lugging our Xboxes around, plugging them in together and playing console multiplayer, for many of us, for the first time. So I'm excited for what we'll get to see and what we'll get to show. I think the team is building on what they did with Halo 5, and the multiplayer in Halo 5 was received very well."

bmVzazy.jpg

• Fire (+1) 7
  • Hooked 1

8 hours ago, HaloFinite said:

Oh sweet jesus. Further fuel to the 'Halo Infinite is DOA' fire. Clearly shows how in denial Microsoft are about the state of their once great franchise when the Xbox boss is praising a turd of a game that sold so poorly they had to lump in console sales with game sales to try and pretend it wasn't an embarrassment.

The multiplayer in Halo 5 was recieved 'very well'?

Oh yeah, its dedicated fanbase of 2k people absolutely love it.

The only people they are kidding with these kinds of statements is themselves, and that's exactly the problem with the franchise.

And when he says...

"And there are some technical challenges the team has set for themselves on multiplayer"

"The multiplayer in Halo Infinite I think is going to be special when we talk about it."

"So it's cool to see the team continue to iterate on things that the community loves."

• Fire (+1) 5

9 hours ago, Aphex Twin said:

Yes, you have.

I'm from the majority buddy row. Saying H3 is bad is trolling. I'll have cookies ready for your response.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Toastomgi said:

I'm from the majority buddy row. Saying H3 is bad is trolling. I'll have cookies ready for your response.

Don’t bother man. Some of these guys are sure of themselves that they’re right. Anything CE> everything else. 

Remember on The Pit, how players could originally spawn in attics?  

Picture an asymmetric urban map with an elevated train that loops around the city, passing overtop of the buildings below.  Attackers spawn on the train and can hop off at a number of different locations, fighting their way down from the rooftops.  Attackers typically fight an uphill battle but this map turns that on its head, spawning the attackers up high and the defenders down low.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Remember on The Pit, how players could originally spawn in attics?  

Picture an asymmetric urban map with an elevated train that loops around the city, passing overtop of the buildings below.  Attackers spawn on the train and can hop off at a number of different locations, fighting their way down from the rooftops.  Attackers typically fight an uphill battle but this map turns that on its head, spawning the attackers up high and the defenders down low.  

We got rid of that spawn point because it was something the player couldn’t predict. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

1 minute ago, Reamis25 said:

We got rid of that spawn point because it was something the player couldn’t predict. 

it wasn't a prediction issue it was a power position issue. If you have any lead, then you spawn up there, game over. iirc there were spots you could sit up there where you couldn't even get grenaded.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Apoll0 said:

it wasn't a prediction issue it was a power position issue. If you have any lead, then you spawn up there, game over. iirc there were spots you could sit up there where you couldn't even get grenaded.

Oh yeah that too, I almost forgot. I think there’s two ways that could of been balanced and that’s one a permanent grav lift on either side. Or a two way teleporter. This could be placed on a side of court yard or inside mauler. 

7 hours ago, Shekkles said:

You seem very proud of being unwanted.

I'm pretty sure reamis is Arlong who I used to see posting here all the time. 

20 minutes ago, Sody91 said:

I'm pretty sure reamis is Arlong who I used to see posting here all the time. 

I am arlong. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

I am arlong. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Hooked 1

It’ll be very smart if 343 does indeed go the free route with obviously a purchasable campaign. Think about it skins can make a game so much $$. Imagine a sniper skin that has a cool design or something the changes it’s look entirely and they sell it for 10$. People will buy it.  343s update to ce where if you pick up X gun That skin applies tells me they know what they’re doing prior to h5 where the skin only applied if you spawned with that gun. Free to play multiplayer means a high population, more will stay as it’ll constantly be getting updates and usually these live service games get updates on a weekly or bi weekly basis. Hopefully M$ pays streamers to play the game as that can help get the game recognition as well. Fortnite to this day makes more $$ on average compared to any 60$ game and unlike halo it’s campaign mode isn’t worth it at all.  Idk how much they would charge campaign if the rumor is true but I’d imagine 30-60$ is realistic. People love halos campaign, and I’d debate its one of the only FPS games where multiplayer is it’s dominating mode that has more play time than others. Heck’s look at cod barely anyone plays that games story. I haven’t played a cod story since the first black ops and I didn’t even finish it lmao.

3 hours ago, Toastomgi said:

Saying H3 is bad is trolling.

Ignoring the RNG BR spread is willful ignorance.

Why don't you head back to r/halo. They love garbage mechanics, just like you! 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

It’ll be very smart if 343 does indeed go the free route with obviously a purchasable campaign. Think about it skins can make a game so much $$. Imagine a sniper skin that has a cool design or something the changes it’s look entirely and they sell it for 10$. People will buy it.  343s update to ce where if you pick up X gun That skin applies tells me they know what they’re doing prior to h5 where the skin only applied if you spawned with that gun. Free to play multiplayer means a high population, more will stay as it’ll constantly be getting updates and usually these live service games get updates on a weekly or bi weekly basis. Hopefully M$ pays streamers to play the game as that can help get the game recognition as well. Fortnite to this day makes more $$ on average compared to any 60$ game and unlike halo it’s campaign mode isn’t worth it at all.  Idk how much they would charge campaign if the rumor is true but I’d imagine 30-60$ is realistic. People love halos campaign, and I’d debate its one of the only FPS games where multiplayer is it’s dominating mode that has more play time than others. Heck’s look at cod barely anyone plays that games story. I haven’t played a cod story since the first black ops and I didn’t even finish it lmao.

It's already going to be on game pass day 1, which is basically their future of gaming. And there's legit rumors of XBL Gold being free next gen. I don't think they're going to launch Infinite with multiplayer being free. if the game is bad people aren't going to play it just because it's free. If the game is good people will buy it