CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

1 minute ago, aa_Pregnant_Nun said:

Hmm to me is sounds good. Definitely the right direction, especially in comparison to H4 and H5. However, it still feels like it's missing something.:thinking:

The Elder

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Knighty Knight said:

What's wrong with the art style and music? 

Personally I think both are fine although with the infinite music linked above it does feel like its missing some sort of fullness to me which I don't have the vocabulary to really explain. With the music I just prefer the originals because, since they were the same people, it held onto the same personality a little better than it did later on with H4 or H5. The art style I actually really like with Infinite. Sure their shadows and the way it hides details right now isn't good but that isn't the style. I want things to look basic with very visible and distinct silhouettes which I think they're doing a great job of. To me its probably the most comparable game to Halo 3 out of them all which is what I want visually 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, L0l0 said:

Just 343 things :intel:

Even people that have worked there call them incompetent. Yikes.

29 minutes ago, L0l0 said:

Just 343 things :intel:

How do we know its Infinite that they're discussing, and not you know, that other major project (MCC PC) that we know for certain is spaghetti and outdated and features code and shit that the original writers aren't there to help with?

Microsoft is a joke for not firing 343. It's like they just don't care about their #1 franchise. 

• Like (+1) 4

7 hours ago, Landonio said:

Are Reamis, Toastomgi, and timeforkoalas the same person

And supermelee

• Like (+1) 5

8 hours ago, Landonio said:

Are Reamis, Toastomgi, and timeforkoalas the same person

I'd quote you and the other 2 because you failed at trolling

Trolling and flaming in the same post for a third time.

I've been around since 07

I'm probably the best Halo player on this forum.

• Downvote (-1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 2

27 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

..am I...

Am I toastomgi..

Are you Markinson?  

did review tech really just make a video reading out reviews that have been out there for years like its some kind of new information lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Killmachine said:

did review tech really just make a video reading out reviews that have been out there for years like its some kind of new information lol

Conveniently spent about 6-7 minutes just reading reviews verbatim for a sweet 13 min video.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Killmachine said:

Isn't this the same guy who broke the rumours of Infinite not launching with MP, which were promptly shutdown by Ske7ch? (Important to note that it was Ske7ch that confirmed Infinite would launch with MP, if it was Frankie I'd be a bit more worried)

It just seems like he's pulling shit out of ass and saying "muh insider" for those Infinite controversy clicks right now

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

The harder devs try to make AI smart the dumber they seem. At the end of the day they don't need to be smart they need to be hard. Dark Souls / DOOM are the only games I know where a lot of the enemies don't deaggro if you run away, they just keep chasing you (the first black knight is DS1 has followed me across the damn planet). It has like 2 states; idle  and aggro'd. I think at the end of the day that makes for a more convincing and challenging experience than all the frills of how they might behave if this or that. Just make em tough to fight. The CE Hunters are probably still the most solid example of a well designed AI in Halo. 

I don’t have any experience on doom so I won’t make an opinion. But dark souls I have. Dark souls has a unique play style where timing is everything. DS does a good job of not having bullet sponge enemies, they just make it so they’re tough AF.

ive never liked reviewtechusa, some of his shit is ridiculous. 

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-infinite-multiplayer-teased-by-phil-spencer/1100-6480279/

"The multiplayer in Halo Infinite I think is going to be special when we talk about it," Spencer said. "We know, for some many people, Halo CE started with us lugging our Xboxes around, plugging them in together and playing console multiplayer, for many of us, for the first time. So I'm excited for what we'll get to see and what we'll get to show. I think the team is building on what they did with Halo 5, and the multiplayer in Halo 5 was received very well."

"So it's cool to see the team continue to iterate on things that the community loves," he added. "Esport players have been heavily involved in what we're doing [with Halo Infinite] because we know that's a strong part of the community; the professional players. And there are some technical challenges the team has set for themselves on multiplayer that I'm really encouraged to talk about when we get there. So, soon! We will be able to talk about Halo Infinite multiplayer soon."

Esports players being "heavily involved" I assume is the pro team at 343 and not anything bigger. For those thinking that arena multiplayer might be pure classic gameplay, that doesn't sound too hopeful.

• WutFace (+0) 3

Sums up how I feel. My issues with what we saw isn't stuff that is core to the game (like mechanics), and more technical issues that will hopefully be fixed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Killmachine said:

Considering he's already made about $80 off that video I think I can see why. YouTubers have to play the game, it is what it is and I tried to post those reviews on reddit and got banned, so I'm glad up to 100k people will now know more about what a disgrace 343 leadership is

16 minutes ago, timeforkoalas said:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-infinite-multiplayer-teased-by-phil-spencer/1100-6480279/

Esports players being "heavily involved" I assume is the pro team at 343 and not anything bigger. For those thinking that arena multiplayer might be pure classic gameplay, that doesn't sound too hopeful.

They never acknowledge the original trilogy's multiplayer in these discussions and how well THOSE were received. Sick of them using H4 as a baseline. 

• Like (+1) 3

45 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

They never acknowledge the original trilogy's multiplayer in these discussions and how well THOSE were received. Sick of them using H4 as a baseline. 

Ikr like they don’t matter or something? 

but to be fair I didn’t see many complaints on h5 multi. It was the utter lack of content, and one big issue(this was a warzone problem) was farming

You could take a handful of people from this forum and put them in control of all decisions regarding design in H:I, and the game would be eons better than any Halo title we've seen so far. 

Instead, we get shittier H5 with the same brainless sandbox design. Wonderful. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 2