CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

5 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

Also realize there are plenty of EA games where that is not true for. That coop game. A Way Out, had no mtx, no season pass, no premium bundle, and they gave the dev all the profits. It's all about the deal the developer strikes with the publisher, a lot of them don't make great deals and they have no one to blame but themselves. At the end of the day no publisher is sitting there micro managing some game team. Chances are if the game sucks its the devs fault. 

EA deserve major props for their EA Originals program as the only influence they seemingly have towards the games is funding them(and IIRC don't they also offer help if wanted? Or am I misremembering?).

I have to say, however, going by that list that it looks like the contract might include an EA Access clause as every title developed under the program has gone into the vault within 9 months of release. So that's how they "get back what they spent." Xbox should think about doing something similar, if they aren't already.

6 hours ago, Basu said:

Was just about to post this. Perfectly summarizes my feelings after that reveal. It's not just surface level things like graphics and the hilariously generic weapon designs, it's the stuff underneath and it's implications on the game at large: Mainly sprint/slide/clamber, the "new" equipment and the super uninspired new weapon sandbox.

Frankie has been on a lying streak for 8+ years so really no suprise here. When was the last time he said something and it actually happened? I can't think of anything.

You can't believe anything that guy says. What does he even do?

1 hour ago, JordanB said:

Too lazy to check but isn't there a "count" to the grappling hook in the gameplay trailer? If you don't have infinite grappling hooks, it really wouldn't differentiate it from it being a pickup in MP. Which makes me believe we'll still have sprint in MP

no, its on a cooldown.  The count is on the spike grenade.  i thought the same thing for a moment.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Frankie lies through his teeth but good god that "Soupey" quip had me in hysterics 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, theslatcher said:

EA deserve major props for their EA Originals program as the only influence they seemingly have towards the games is funding them(and IIRC don't they also offer help if wanted? Or am I misremembering?).

I have to say, however, going by that list that it looks like the contract might include an EA Access clause as every title developed under the program has gone into the vault within 9 months of release. So that's how they "get back what they spent." Xbox should think about doing something similar, if they aren't already.

I actually think their new CEO they got after those 2 years of being voted worst company or whatever, Andrew Wilson - he seems like a really smart guy. Good policies for the company as a whole. 

Not his fault if the devs don't deliver and design good games. 

4 hours ago, Avenger said:

I'm gonna laugh so hard when this game doesn't launch with multiplayer.

It will have the req packs working though so you can save them up for the multiplayer launch. 

8 hours ago, darkstar said:

And sorry to doublepost, but Favyn back with great commentary and feedback per usual. 

Wouldn't say as much. I tried to get as far as I could but the speed at which he talks and the general pretentious "well achkually" tone just drove me nuts, how people get all that "matter of fact" preconception from an 8 minute clip I have no idea. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 2

I didn’t like favyns video this time around. It as spot on as he likes to put it. 
also FYI I know we’ve said 4, but really 343 has 3 months. This was revealed late July, M$ is releasing the X holiday which 8/10 times is late October(25Th>) or early to mid November because of Christmas noobs. 343 I sure hope you work on them textures and have lots of content at launch. 

15 minutes ago, Exidrion said:

how people get all that "matter of fact" preconception from an 8 minute clip I have no idea. 

200.gif

• Like (+1) 6

6 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

200.gif

Hahaha, I was just thinking that he reminded me of you to some extent, but if you made the same type of video I wouldn't have had any issues. Dunno what it was exactly that rubbed me the wrong way. 

• Simms (+1) 1

The middle ground is what we’re getting. We obviously need to see some MP to get a solid opinion. Now one interesting fact is the demo takes place hours into the campaign. Is it possible that the hook is just an upgrade you can purchase? 

I think my idea would be the ideal way to go. A match composer that gives the option of classic or no. Now at this point I hope maps aren’t super big. 

Is it just me or do the AI seem weak af. Like creativity wise with fighting. The aliens strafe seems weak. Idk how much fun it will be playing the campaign with the AI being terrible. It would be like playing TeamBeyond members in H3.

8 minutes ago, Landonio said:

Are Reamis, Toastomgi, and timeforkoalas the same person

Dude why do you try contributing to the topic here because it’s obvious you aren’t even remotely interested in the game. Also @Aphex Twin yes I am arlong 

@Toastomgi umm that difficulty was on easy so there’s that. Or normal. Looked fine to me though. And usually AI for these e3 things are very scripted. 

I’m a fan of classic halo but even I can enjoy the newer shit. Tbh the only thing in h5 that turned me off was the aiming, I didnt even hate the movement much. Although I did hate thrust. Yes I’ve advocated for mythic but that’s because thruster in that was basically useless

• Downvote (-1) 1

How many people here have actually enjoyed the combat in Halo's campaigns at all in a long time? If you're good enough to have a high rank in competitive multiplayer playlists it seems to me like the campaign enemies are way too slow, dumb, and unvaried to be any fun. It's not like Doom Eternal where Nightmare difficulty is a legitimate challenge for a good multiplayer player.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Dude why do you try contributing to the topic here because it’s obvious you aren’t even remotely interested in the game.

I...I feel like you didn't even watch his video.

• Like (+1) 2

There's an infinitesimally small fulcrum between AI that's too easy and legendary jackal snipers. It's almost impossible to program AI that feels like a legitimate strategic challenge rather than a set of exploitable algorithms.

2 minutes ago, Ugug said:

How many people here have actually enjoyed the combat in Halo's campaigns at all in a long time? If you're good enough to have a high rank in competitive multiplayer playlists it seems to me like the campaign enemies are way too slow, dumb, and unvaried to be any fun. It's not like Doom Eternal where Nightmare difficulty is a legitimate challenge for a good multiplayer player.

Tbh I haven’t enjoyed campaign in a long time. AI is just not fun to play against for me. It’s too easy, or if on higher difficulties they’re just bullet sponges 

7 minutes ago, Exidrion said:

I...I feel like you didn't even watch his video.

I was talking about “lando” not fayvnn. And dude some of his points weren’t really that great. They were kinda horrible. And some were petty.

4 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

I was talking about “lando” not fayvnn. And dude some of his points weren’t really that great. They were kinda horrible. And some were petty 

On 7/26/2020 at 10:01 PM, Landonio said:

9 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

There's an infinitesimally small fulcrum between AI that's too easy and legendary jackal snipers. It's almost impossible to program AI that feels like a legitimate strategic challenge rather than a set of exploitable algorithms.

Part of it is having enemies with interesting movement and abilities. In Halo, most of the enemies just kind of stand there and shoot at you. In Doom, your approach has to balance the huge variety of enemy movement styles and abilities and that creates the strategic challenge that Halo lacks.

I'm not being payed by id to advertise their game :kappa: 

• Like (+1) 1

Besides jackel snipers halos higher difficulty brings up bullet sponge enemies, or 1-3 hit enemies. Like to me that’s just not fun. It shouldn’t take me a while clip to kill a grunt let alone an elite or brute. Now we’re at the point of scavenging.

1 minute ago, Reamis25 said:

Besides jackel snipers halos higher difficulty brings up bullet sponge enemies, or 1-3 hit enemies. Like to me that’s just not fun. It shouldn’t take me a while clip to kill a grunt let alone an elite or brute. Now we’re at the point of scavenging.

It's not like most games had a instant few shot kill gun in the needler on half the enemies in every level.

13 minutes ago, Ugug said:

CE Elites on legendary. They've got a better strafe than MLG H3