Jump to content
CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Recommended Posts

I’m not sure if this is funny or just sad, but Craig the brute is the best thing to happen to halo in probably a decade. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Speaking of Craig, shortly after he appears in the Gameplay demo Chief throws down his "Drop Wall" and then seems to perform a Slide that seems to behave differently from H5. He activates sprint for a split second to initiate the slide but seems to be able to slide in much more of a "strafe-like" manor than what was possible before. 

I haven't played H5 in so long I can't fully tell if this is new, but it seems like it could be. Was wondering what any of you thought about it. 

Movement in question is at the 4:14 mark of the demo. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, NAK said:

Speaking of Craig, shortly after he appears in the Gameplay demo Chief throws down his "Drop Wall" and then seems to perform a Slide that seems to behave differently from H5. He activates sprint for a split second to initiate the slide but seems to be able to slide in much more of a "strafe-like" manor than what was possible before. Also, he seems to be able to resume shooting the second the slide is activated with the reticle reappearing instantly.

I haven't played H5 in so long I can't fully tell if this is new, but it seems like it could be. Was wondering what any of you thought about it. 

Movement in question is at the 4:14 mark of the demo. 

I think I saw a few mechanics that will help "advanced" mobility.

  • Sprint and slide diagonally (4:14, 5:15)
  • Slide immediately after starting a sprint (4:14, 5:15)
  • Shoot immediately with visible normal reticule while sliding (4:14)
  • Shoot and grapple immediately with visible dot reticule while sprinting (5:41, 5:59)
  • Given that you can shoot with the dot reticule while sprinting, I'm assuming you can shoot with the dot reticule while clambering, but that wasn't shown (5:10)
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, NAK said:

How funny would it be if the game has an "Arena" multiplayer mode that focuses on 2v2 and 4v4 that is its own thing and actually plays the way the competitive community has asked for for over a decade now (with some obvious changes that they would inevitably add). I think there is still a very small chance for that being the case, with the more Vanilla the settings the less likely it is.  

They could just have some kind of expanded BTB/Warzone mode, Forge, and a server browser/match composer to keep the casuals happy. 

On a side note, I think the idea of a grappling hook as a weapon pickup on certain maps could work in most Halos. Imagine it spanwing as a pickup on Damnation by the waterfalls opposite OS on the standard 1-2 minute respawn timer. Not sure if it would work but I think it would be fun as hell to try it out (Hang'em High as well)

 

While this would be probably the best way to "please everyone", the problem with this is that similar to H5 you will lose the entire social crowd. Ranked will be super sweaty, Warzone will be a complete fuckfest, but there is no way to play social without running into bullshit like REQs and amped walls or whatever the fuck they're calling it in Sprintfinite.

Also let's be real, the chance of 343 somehow creating decent 2s and 4s settings are slim to none. Always remember that H2A is what they consider classic competitive Halo.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, NAK said:

Movement in question is at the 4:14 mark of the demo. 

If a sprinting player turns more than a few degrees off forward, sprint is typically disabled.  This looks like the forward requirement was relaxed, allowing for a side-sprint or a sprint-strafe.  It could be a way for them to effectively combine thruster and sprint into one ability or it may just be an artifact of an unfinished game.  

Share this post


Link to post

As I already said: Giving 343i the benefit of the doubt is just setting yourself up for immense disappointment. 

I walked into the Infinite reveal expecting a H2/3 clone with some H5 shenanigans, and I was still disappointed. 

343i consider it a challenge to fail miserably at meeting any bar you set for them, however low it may be. 

I really don't expect them to make a good "classic" movement playlist. It'll just be a rotational playlist of mediocre quality, mirroring older movement with a comically bad strafe and weapon balance issues caused by inserting base-game weapons into said playlist. 

"b-b-but i want sprint and grapple hook and clamber and a spartan helicopter and teleportation to explore muh fortnite asset open world"

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

spartan helicopter

9mHX.gif

  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Hooked 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Boyo said:

9mHX.gif

But this is kind of already in H5. Jump+hover+thrust. 

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Hootspa said:

H6 better be a battle royal or I am fucking done with this franchise 

The demo kinda hints into that direction with the titanfall-esque weapon pickup promts, the "massive scale".

Also on another note, where are those people who mined the steam store and claimed the Infinite flights were probably starting right after the Xbox presentation?

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Basu said:

The demo kinda hints into that direction with the titanfall-esque weapon pickup promts, the "massive scale".

Also on another note, where are those people who mined the steam store and claimed the Infinite flights were probably starting right after the Xbox presentation?

Tbh I had expected something of the sort but the fact we may or may not get one is infuriating still. Like even if it’s a month away just let us test this shit! 

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, Hemlax said:

hover

What are people’s thoughts on hover?  

Share this post


Link to post

My hopes for ranked.

1. Division ranking. It’s more modern, it works better than 1-50 and is easier to recognize where people belong also. 
2. Full party matching, partial is ok too but I’d prefer full.

3. No playing with significantly higher ranked friends. Example a champion or onyx can’t play with a platinum and below. This is to prevent boosting. Would do a decent job to combat smurfing
4. A social ranking level requirement before ranked. Level 10 or level 25 like overwatch and league of legends. This helps prevent smurfing to a degree, it also helps since by this time around people know the maps, gun play etc so they won’t just start up the game for the first time(even though they’re new or haven’t played halo in years or literally a fucking decade) and have no clue what they’re doing. I’ve played ranked TS and HC on mcc pc and the worse people fit that category, and when I question why did they go into rank, it’s always some dumbass answer. I know some here don’t like this but this is a QOL feature that is overall better for the game. I get that you may want to be able to enter rank immediately but this would be for the best. Not everything is about “you”. And hey this could make you some $$ on the side if people don’t want to have to grind that social rank. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, NAK said:

How funny would it be if the game has an "Arena" multiplayer mode that focuses on 2v2 and 4v4 that is its own thing and actually plays the way the competitive community has asked for for over a decade now

Granted but to join a match, you have to drive to a physical outpost in the open world.  

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

This mode here is what I believe should be the IDEAL infection mode for infinite. 
infection has a big issue and that is balance. The infected most of the time are weak Af. And this makes for a boring experience and everyone does two things quit or go afk and 343 doesn’t ban you for quitting infection matches. Imagine if infection started off with AI that would infect players? 

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Imagine if infection started off with AI that would infect players

What a ludicrous idea.  That would require some kind of infection form.  

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Okay so I’m done with the shitposting but I had an idea I’m interested to see what y’all think. 343 can’t do classic halo - that much is obvious. Personally I hate the indecisive direction the franchise has been heading since reach or arguably h3. At this point I would be far more interested in the halo franchise if it something entirely different.

I think the rainbow 6 siege format could work well. 343 so badly wants to make a modern squad shooter, so they should try using a format that actually works. Keep sprint, keep automatics, keep the modern aesthetic and abilities and all the other futuristic shit. It would all work in this context. And actually I think that would be a lot of fun.

Imagine the scenario being UNSC forces sending a 5 man squad to destroy some lightly guarded covenant ship with an important cargo. You pick your squad, choose between a handful of Spartans with different weapons and abilities. Match starts and your squad gets dropped off on the hull of the ship. You use a drone or ai or something to find a safe way into the ship and use a breaching explosive to open it up. Ultimately you have to get to some part of the ship to plant a bomb that the other team has set up to defend. 

They just need to stop pretending that they’re making a classic style halo game. I would actually play what I just described above whereas I will not play sprintfinite. Thoughts?

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2
  • WutFace (+0) 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Hootspa said:

Okay so I’m done with the shitposting but I had an idea I’m interested to see what y’all think. 343 can’t do classic halo - that much is obvious. Personally I hate the indecisive direction the franchise has been heading since reach or arguably h3. At this point I would be far more interested in the halo franchise if it something entirely different.

I think the rainbow 6 siege format could work well. 343 so badly wants to make a modern squad shooter, so they should try using a format that actually works. Keep sprint, keep automatics, keep the modern aesthetic and abilities and all the other futuristic shit. It would all work in this context. And actually I think that would be a lot of fun.

Imagine the scenario being UNSC forces sending a 5 man squad to destroy some lightly guarded covenant ship with an important cargo. You pick your squad, choose between a handful of Spartans with different weapons and abilities. Match starts and your squad gets dropped off on the hull of the ship. You use a drone or ai or something to find a safe way into the ship and use a breaching explosive to open it up. Ultimately you have to get to some part of the ship to plant a bomb that the other team has set up to defend. 

They just need to stop pretending that they’re making a classic style halo game. I would actually play what I just described above whereas I will not play sprintfinite. Thoughts?

No 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Reamis25 said:

No 

No offense but you think halo 3 is good so your opinion isn’t exactly what I’m seeking

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 3
  • Hooked 1

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

My hopes for ranked.

1. Division ranking. It’s more modern, it works better than 1-50 and is easier to recognize where people belong also. 
2. Full party matching, partial is ok too but I’d prefer full.

3. No playing with significantly higher ranked friends. Example a champion or onyx can’t play with a platinum and below. This is to prevent boosting. Would do a decent job to combat smurfing
4. A social ranking level requirement before ranked. Level 10 or level 25 like overwatch and league of legends. This helps prevent smurfing to a degree, it also helps since by this time around people know the maps, gun play etc so they won’t just start up the game for the first time(even though they’re new or haven’t played halo in years or literally a fucking decade) and have no clue what they’re doing. I’ve played ranked TS and HC on mcc pc and the worse people fit that category, and when I question why did they go into rank, it’s always some dumbass answer. I know some here don’t like this but this is a QOL feature that is overall better for the game. I get that you may want to be able to enter rank immediately but this would be for the best. Not everything is about “you”. And hey this could make you some $$ on the side if people don’t want to have to grind that social rank. 

1) Disagree.  Nothing is simpler than 1-50. I'm not sure how abstract symbols are easier or faster to understand than 1-50 ranks?  The only thing missing from the traditional 1-50 system is a 50+ category which is easy enough to implement.

3) I think there is a smarter solution for this.  There are a lot of people that only play with a few friends of vastly different skill levels.  If they want to play ranked because that's the only place to find the gametypes that they like, they should be able to.  The MM system needs to be intelligent enough to accommodate this.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

lmao at those downvoting my idea. Halo has the lowest quality of fans. Enjoy sprintfinite lads. You deserve it.

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Hootspa said:

No offense but you think halo 3 is good so your opinion isn’t exactly what I’m seeking

This gotta be the worse idea I’ve ever heard of. Now as a game mode itself that’s cool but as default this is trash. This is unrealistic we’re done making crap like this up. Time to talk about something regarding infinite that doesn’t sound impossible. 
and I fucking will enjoy it, what’s the saying “don’t let the door hit you on the way out” 

  • Downvote (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Hootspa said:

Thoughts?

With a robust sandbox, forge, and gametype editor, it should be possible to create this custom gametype.  

As for how it would play, it would really depend on the specifics, what abilities do players have, what objectives are they trying to achieve, yada yada.  

11 minutes ago, Hootspa said:

You use a drone or ai or something to find a safe way into the ship and use a breaching explosive to open it up.

Or you command your tendril like grappling hook to slither its way across the smooth curves of the covenant ship, wriggling its way in through a gap in the armor so it can unlock the back door for ya.  

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

1) Disagree.  Nothing is simpler than 1-50. I'm not sure how abstract symbols are easier or faster to understand than 1-50 ranks?  The only thing missing from the traditional 1-50 system is a 50+ category which is easy enough to implement.

3) I think there is a smarter solution for this.  There are a lot of people that only play with a few friends of vastly different skill levels.  If they want to play ranked because that's the only place to find the gametypes that they like, they should be able to.  The MM system needs to be intelligent enough to accommodate this.

1-50 is too vague. It’s not simple at all. The skill between a level 35 and level 40 isn’t easily known. But the skill between a guy literally a placement above is. 
how would you design that though?

This is a perfect system done in many games to create a more balanced environment.

tbh h5 ranks are better than 1-50. It also isn’t a annoying grind. Thiis is a situation of nostalgia hitting you deep. You just love that system too much. 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy.