CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

I legit thought the discussion of Infinite was going to revolve about the grappling hook and all that shit we saw....but then those graphics came in and stole the thunder.

Don't legitimately know how to feel about the game 4/5 months ahead of release, especially when the gameplay in MP might be questionable at best and the graphics...welll.... Someone just post w.e Craig meme 343 wants. :salt:

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, El Vortex said:

I legit thought the discussion of Infinite was going to revolve about the grappling hook and all that shit we saw....but then those graphics came in and stole the thunder.

Don't legitimately know how to feel about the game 4/5 months ahead of release, especially when the gameplay in MP might be questionable at best and the graphics...welll.... Someone just post w.e Craig meme 343 wants. :salt:

Well the grapple hook is no longer a big deal since it’s an equipment and yes that’s been confirmed, and from what people have seen it doesn’t look ridiculously unbalanced.

Ya idk why we even give a shit about the graphics to be real. We sit here praising and talking about games that actually look terrible by today's standards usually. Hopefully actual gameplay to talk about is inc

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 2

1 minute ago, Snipe Three said:

Ya idk why we even give a shit about the graphics to be real. We sit here praising and talking about games that actually look terrible by today's standards usually. Hopefully actual gameplay to talk about is inc

We dont, its just funny to see another way how 343 can fuck Halo Up. And this was supposed to be the big showing out of the "POWER" of the Series X :kappa:

So everyone was expecting something amazing

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

Those games have good art styles and are nice to look at. As of right now Infinite is not one of those games.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Dude just use your main. Why even have two accounts.

Trolling flaming and reaching all in the same post. You must want a cookie.

Shekkles I've been here since before you.

Shekkles I am your father.

• Salt (-1) 5

43 minutes ago, SpitFlame said:

So... just how big is this pistol?

10gvv0or5zc51.jpg

Really unreasonably huge if you actually think about how big chief is. Probably bigger than a marines head easily. I don't think most people would ever really stop and think about that though

1 hour ago, SpitFlame said:

10gvv0or5zc51.jpg

Why does it look like a Glock instead of something cool like the M6D?

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Toastomgi said:

"What's these things popping up on my screen when I shoot someone?"

Hitmarkers have absolutely 0 visual purpose pertaining to the actual game. If these things arnt removed they better be toggle optioned.

Do explosives have hitmarkers? I really hate that crap.

• Like (+1) 2

I'm extremely forgiving when it comes to graphical fidelity but that reveal, old build or not, looked like total shit. It unironically looked like somebody tried to make a Halo fan game using Fortnite assets and random untextured geometry. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Snipe Three said:

Because a Halo with awesome graphics would have been a great experience imho.

3 hours ago, SpitFlame said:

10gvv0or5zc51.jpg

It is a 10 mm caliber so we do have a scale. And from that we can estimate that the gun is about 14-15 cm (5,5-6 inches) long and that is actually a pretty small pistol. So my guess is that Master Chief have really small hands for being such a big dude. He seems to struggle to reach the trigger.

rnn7hdskanc51.jpg

What is interesting is that you can tell that a lot of the Old design is still there as well. What were they thinking? 

7 hours ago, Jake Teh Nub said:

Do explosives have hitmarkers? I really hate that crap.

There's a hitmarker when he sticks the Brute, but there's no hitmarker or kill indication when it goes off so I think we've finally managed to get those out of the game. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

There's a hitmarker when he sticks the Brute, but there's no hitmarker or kill indication when it goes off so I think we've finally managed to get those out of the game. 

Casual players don't quite understand how huge that really is. Dealing with it for 8 years is ridiculous. Going back and playing a ton of H1, H2, H3, and Reach on MCC has made me realize just how great it is to double-back over a grenade and sneak past an entire team or make a huge play that is otherwise impossible with the portable radars everywhere.

Hopefully I'm not speaking too soon. It has a massive impact on the way the game is played. About as much as sprint and radar? Not quite but damn close.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, S0UL FLAME said:

If any of you are interested, my GT is "Oh SoulFlame", and you can download these modes from Waypoint.

Perhaps we should unite for some extreme gaming.  

23 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Perhaps we should unite for some extreme gaming.  

I'd have to reinstall Halo 5 then so.... nah.

So how much speed did the sprint/thrust/slide combo add in H5? Another 5-10% maybe, on top of 20% sprint? so if the effective BMS increase was actually 25-30 and now we're down to 10% that's markedly better.  Not ideal of course, but considering i was expecting to have sprint and thrust basically unchanged from Halo 5 its a... nice surprise?  My concern is the same as others here.  If what we saw in the gameplay was the "campaign base", then you get upgrades along the way that increase all those values, then multiplayer is by default the UPGRADED values, we could still be F'd in the A.

They really need to put out a multiplayer reveal soon.  We've been making a lot of assumptions based on multiplayer traits that might not even carry over.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Knighty Knight said:

Casual players don't quite understand how huge that really is. Dealing with it for 8 years is ridiculous. Going back and playing a ton of H1, H2, H3, and Reach on MCC has made me realize just how great it is to double-back over a grenade and sneak past an entire team or make a huge play that is otherwise impossible with the portable radars everywhere.

Hopefully I'm not speaking too soon. It has a massive impact on the way the game is played. About as much as sprint and radar? Not quite but damn close.

Ikr. I’ve been hit by grenades so many times and I’d do two things. 1. Back snack them, or two challenge and throw a grenade at them and clean their asses up! They weren’t even looking my direction since they had no idea they hit me. 

2 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

then multiplayer is by default the UPGRADED values, we could still be F'd in the A.

Umm that’s a load of bullshit. Also I bet the upgrades are weapon based. This game will have warzone, and the upgrades no doubt will be the shit we saw in h5 warzone.

How funny would it be if the game has an "Arena" multiplayer mode that focuses on 2v2 and 4v4 that is its own thing and actually plays the way the competitive community has asked for for over a decade now (with some obvious changes that they would inevitably add). I think there is still a very small chance for that being the case, with the more Vanilla the settings the less likely it is.  

They could just have some kind of expanded BTB/Warzone mode, Forge, and a server browser/match composer to keep the casuals happy. 

On a side note, I think the idea of a grappling hook as a weapon pickup on certain maps could work in most Halos. Imagine it spanwing as a pickup on Damnation by the waterfalls opposite OS on the standard 1-2 minute respawn timer. Not sure if it would work but I think it would be fun as hell to try it out (Hang'em High as well)

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, NAK said:

On a side note, I think the idea of a grappling hook as a weapon pickup on certain maps could work in most Halos. Imagine it spanwing as a pickup on Damnation by the waterfalls opposite OS on the standard 1-2 minute respawn timer. Not sure if it would work but I think it would be fun as hell to try it out. 

I think it has a ton of potential. To build off your Dammy example: think about how MLG modified Construct and placed the Custom in Bottom Gold to allow teams to retake top control. Putting a Grappling Hook down there would be more or less the same concept (albeit providing less actual power to the retaking team than the Custom).

• Upvote (+1) 1