CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

7 minutes ago, Hemlax said:

Excellent video, great "digestible" feedback, sums it all.

You also have lovable voice. 

nw9VS.gif

3 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Guys I did a thing. i've never done a thing before:

For a first thing that was a damn good thing.

1) I think there is a speedboost from sprint and its not a trick, but it does seem to be about as close to being a trick as it can be and there doesn't seem to be a penalty to shooting out of it.  If that ends up being true, then im going to have the same attitude about it as i do with replacing the Pistol with a DMR.  If it makes the un-objective "BuT I liKE To gO fASt" people shut their mouths, so be it.

2) I hate crowd control mechanics in multiplayer.  Can i say that?  I fucking HATE them in any game, any genre, any time.  Getting stunned or sleep darted or whatever the fuck and basically saying, "We're not going to let you play this game for a second so they can get a free kill" is garbage. In a campaign it's fine, so if that shock grenade from the second gameplay trailer only works that way in campaign, cool.  But if it also stuns in multiplayer, go fuck yourself. If its basically a shield bomb but i can still move and shoot in multiplayer, then it could be OK.

3) I prefer the new shield.  I hated the original bubble shield. At least the new one will keep people shooting. With the open sides you can reposition and shoot around it. or you can lob grenades next to it to hit the player or a couple right at it to take it down.  Since it doesn't give 360 degreee protection, if they screw up the placement angle it wont do anything.  My biggest concern with it in multiplayer is that its HUGE.  That thing is enormous, you could fit an entire team behind it.  It should be maybe 1/3rd the size for multiplayer. We also didn't get to see how long it stays up by default or how much total damage it takes to bring it down.  Hopefully these things will be addressed on the multiplayer side.

Super late edit:

After watching the second gameplay trailer at .25 speed, it does look better than the event demo, but still not... great. Things still look plasticky and textures disappear at fairly close distance.  Then i went and watched some gameplay footage from Horizon: Zero Dawn then fired it up on my base PS4. Being a few years old and also open world with large environmental backdrops and its... just a fantastic looking game to this day.  Maybe its not using real-time lighting and its running at 30 FPS instead of 60, but its also running on vastly inferior hardware.  Where are the graphics that were promised in what was really the engine tech demo from 2018? The switch from UE4 to homebrew makes sense, BUT that tech demo was over 2 years ago.  So they probably made that demo 2.5 years ago.  Graphics are really a 2/10 issue for me, as long as i can see player silhouettes and the gameplay itself is :fire: i'll be fine, but it probably points to bigger development or technical issues that makes me nervous.

• Upvote (+1) 1

About time they were innovative enough to create something in the shield. Most innovation we've seen in the past 2 games. I would like see see more ideas similar as this.

The colors added to the game sandbox were a nice addition.

Everything else was a pile of shit

21 hours ago, HeX Reapers said:

Watch it be able to be increased through the upgrade menu and MP sprint is much faster by default.

You have to feel like a super soldier at max level.

You don't have to upgrade sprint, it's completely optional :). What's that? Sorry I'm not sure what 'BMS upgrade' is, I'm afraid that's not something uh, in the works currently. Although I'm sure that as the game grows, there will be tons of new additions and features and you're bound to find something you like!

• Like (+1) 2

In the past, Halo would have always been by far the most anticipated game for me form the showcase. Now it probably doesn't even make the top 3 (after the showing). Hate to see it. 

Avowed, Fable, and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 are all games I wouldn't be shocked if I ended up playing more of over the next few years. I do think Microsoft did a good job of showing they DO have impressive single player experiences on the way (considering just a year ago it was pretty much just Gears and Halo). Even if they didn't really show much gameplay at all, I think they got their point across. I have had pretty low hopes for Halo Infinite's multiplayer being anything other than something I play for a few weeks and quit for quite a while now. I would love to be surprised though. 

On 7/24/2020 at 9:45 PM, Warlord Wossman said:

So what are your thoughts on this graphically ground-breaking title that has the same abilities people loved since 2012?
Definitely a fat and juicy :weback:right?

i need to see multiplayer and a final/finished product but im still extremely hopeful for esports and how it’s going to be handled. (the right people are on-board and in place)

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, TheSimms said:

i need to see multiplayer and a final/finished product but im still extremely hopeful for esports and how it’s going to be handled. (the right people are on-board and in place)

This is very true. But given the history 343 has, it's hard to be hopeful. 

• Like (+1) 1

Regarding fan projects, there are two great ones in the works, Installation 01 and Project Contingency, the latter of which seems to be very far along in development according to a recent blog post they made. They're more geared towards the Halo 2/3 gameplay loop than CE's, but they'll still probably be better than whatever 343 is going to show us (and have better graphics lmao)

Why do people keep calling the Drop Wall 'Bubble Shield 2.0'? Are we forgetting that the Deployable Cover existed in Halo 3, you now, that shield wall you could throw out that you could also shoot through?

1 hour ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Why do people keep calling the Drop Wall 'Bubble Shield 2.0'? Are we forgetting that the Deployable Cover existed in Halo 3, you now, that shield wall you could throw out that you could also shoot through?

Wasn’t that campaign only? 

1 hour ago, NavG123 said:

Why do you keep posting a period?

Because he forgot to switch accounts before posting and you can't remove posts.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Simms (+1) 3
  • Thonking (+0) 1
  • Hooked 2

Vetoed got an inviite to a press viewing and Q&A of the campaign stuff in Halo Infinite. So he did a video about all his thoughts 

Edit: (I think Shekkles is better shhh, don't tell Vetoed)

• Fire (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

I think the shock grenade will be interesting 

It does look pretty cool. It's not any different from the shield drainer from what it looks like. A "facelift" and the re-implementation doesnt hurt none though.

"What's these things popping up on my screen when I shoot someone?"

Hitmarkers have absolutely 0 visual purpose pertaining to the actual game. If these things arnt removed they better be toggle optioned.

Something that will be pretty interesting to play is Outward-style open world split-screen in a Halo game. Wonder how far players are allowed to drift from each other.

14 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Because noone has irl friends. Sad statistic to build a game around.

1 minute ago, Toastomgi said:

Cant delete posts.

Dude just use your main. Why even have two accounts.

8 hours ago, Hemlax said:

Excellent video, great "digestible" feedback, sums it all.

You also have lovable voice. 

It's my Australian charm.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Shekkles said:

I mean that’s how it’s been in literally every halo that has 4 player coop. You couldn’t split screen 4 player coop without mass FPS lag especially in an open world campaign like infinite. MP should be fine though. I guess if you had a 2080TI and a i9 8700k maybe but even the series X isn’t busting that out. 

55 minutes ago, Toastomgi said:

It does look pretty cool. It's not any different from the shield drainer from what it looks like. A "facelift" and the re-implementation doesnt hurt none though.

It adds for a unique niche. And if it stuns and does no damage that’s also cool.