CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Ofc there's sprint guys. A lower delta and no penalty to shooting is the best we're gonna get.

Infinite kind of looks like Destiny, & Reach had a kid with some injections from current trends(grappling hook, etc.).

I have to say though, this implementation of grappling hook is the worst I've seen in a modern game by a fair margin. I wonder what the hell your spartan is doing with his/her right arm while grappling to something which disables your ability to shoot. Will be fun to see the animation in third person as there's no way it doesn't look stiff.

• Upvote (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, theslatcher said:

I have to say though, this implementation of grappling hook is the worst I've seen in a modern game by a fair margin. I wonder what the hell your spartan is doing with his/her right arm while grappling to something which disables your ability to shoot. Will be fun to see the animation in third person as there's no way it doesn't look stiff.

Did you see the dismount?  Let me just launch my head into the underside of this overpass and bounce my way down to the ground.  

Just now, Boyo said:

Did you see the dismount?  Let me just launch my head into the underside of this overpass and bounce my way down to the ground.  

I think it'd be kind of weird to play a super-soldier who couldn't withstand a 40 mph collision to the helmet...

• Simms (+1) 1
  • Hooked 1

The grapple hook would have been somewhat likeable if they at least restricted it's use to accessing specific, otherwise much-harder-to-reach vantage points on MP maps. 

Think a spot that lets you see 4 common spawn areas for the enemy team, but requires two perfect spring-jumps in a row to reach. With the grapple hook, all it takes is two grapples. 

With it being designed in a way that you can access any area by just shooting it with the grapple, pull weapons to you, and pull yourself to people, I don't even want to imagine the cheese. 

Being able to access any area by shooting near it is incredibly fucking stupid, and I don't think I need to explain why. Unless getting shot pulls you out of grapple, big no. 

Think about fights over rockets on Pit CTF, and how much cheese is involved if some guy can just stand in his green box, fire the grapple half a second before rockets spawn, and then take them without putting himself in any danger. 

Or, consider Heretic CTF. As you're about to clean up some guy who's weak, he grapples to you and sticks you. Not like it doesn't already happen on Heretic CTF with Halo 3's melee lunge, but it's gonna have a much further range now. 

I don't even want to think about the stop wall. I take back everything I said about 343i learning from Bungie's mistakes. 

37 minutes ago, SpitFlame said:

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH I JUST WANT A GOOD HALO GAMES BROS WHY MUST WE SUFFER WHAT HAVE WE DONE TO DESERVE THIS!?!?!?!?!?

Ree.jpg

Just adapt, bro. :kappa: 

• Like (+1) 2

They started Infinite out in UE4 and then ported it back to their stupid ancient zombie Franken-engine from Biblical times?

No wonder this has been such a shit show.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Hooked 3
  • WutFace (+0) 1

25 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

They started Infinite out in UE4 and then ported it back to their stupid ancient zombie Franken-engine from Biblical times?

343 is truly the GOATS at subverting my expectations in the worst kind of ways. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, theslatcher said:

Infinite kind of looks like Destiny, & Reach had a kid with some injections from current trends(grappling hook, etc.).

Just out of curiosity, can you name any other AAA FPS games that allow you to shoot whilst grappling? 

If slipspacd is still blam im gonna be fucking pissed. If they already started shit on UE4 they should of stuck with that! Instead they wasted time and god damn money on making that bs. We could of had a beautiful looking game, tons of content, amazing open world, etc. because that’s how good UE4 fucking is! 

also FYI grapple is equipment not an armor ability there is a difference, so you not being able to shoot while doing it is ok and it’s also a good thing as it be having unbalanced if you could.

Imagine a Halo fan project, if you will-

- Free to play. 

- Provided with software for players to host their own servers. 

- A powerful map editor and population tool with high-level scripting, modifiable geometry, custom asset insertion, and other modern features. 

- An ingame tool to modify an extensive list of weapon, powerup, vehicle, equipment, and physics attributes. 

- Programmed button glitches and the ability to program further more of them in, purposefully. 

- Main pre-existing mapset designed with extreme care for 4v4, 2v2, FFA, and with a specific gamemode in mind. 

- Pre-existing gameplay designed primarily as a spiritual successor to CE, with additions from Halo 2 and Halo 3 selectively added in and completely rebalanced for competitive arena-shooter-pickup use and not just as useless wastes. 

- Fast BMS, extremely fast strafe, lots of intentionally implemented movement tricks such as spring jumps, crouch jumps, ghost-ledge jumps, etc. 

- Zero bullet magnetism and aim assist for controllers tuned to very low strength. 

- Intentionally designed grenade tricks on nearly every map. 

- A skill rewarding ranking system. 

- A satisying progression system that gives players many reasons and goals to keep grinding out for.

- Built in ladders to keep players motivated in an effort to "be the best". 

- Community-made playlists and maps audited and gradually added to existing mapsets/made permanent playlists or rotated in and out

It'd be a goldmine if it was priced. I'd pay more to play it than I would Infinite. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Hooked 1

4 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

What? Wered you get that first part from?

2 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

What? Wered you get that first part from?

From here:

5 hours ago, Exidrion said:

3 hours ago, _Synapse said:

- Free to play. 

- A powerful map editor and population tool with high-level scripting, modifiable geometry, custom asset insertion, and other modern features. 

- An ingame tool to modify an extensive list of weapon, powerup, vehicle, equipment, and physics attributes. 

- Programmed button glitches and the ability to program further more of them in, purposefully. 

- Main pre-existing mapset designed with extreme care for 4v4, 2v2, FFA, and with a specific gamemode in mind. 

- Pre-existing gameplay designed primarily as a spiritual successor to CE, with additions from Halo 2 and Halo 3 selectively added in and completely rebalanced for competitive arena-shooter-pickup use and not just as useless wastes. 

- Fast BMS, extremely fast strafe, lots of intentionally implemented movement tricks such as spring jumps, crouch jumps, ghost-ledge jumps, etc. 

- Zero bullet magnetism and aim assist for controllers tuned to very low strength. 

- A satisying progression system that gives players many reasons and goals to keep grinding out for.

- Community-made playlists and maps audited and gradually added to existing mapsets/made permanent playlists or rotated in and out

It'd be a goldmine if it was priced. I'd pay more to play it than I would Infinite. 

AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA IN YOUR FUCKING DREAMS NERD

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 3

5 hours ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Just out of curiosity, can you name any other AAA FPS games that allow you to shoot whilst grappling? 

As far as AAA goes, the latest one to feature it: DOOM Eternal. There's nothing like grappling to a demon and at the end shotgunning it in the mouth.

7 hours ago, _Synapse said:

- Free to play. 

Hmm why do I feel like I've heard this before, what if that project also used textures from anniversary to upgrade the graphics of old maps.

Ngl tho If 343 gives players access to the slipspace engine to make maps or an altered version of it that isn't just forge to make maps I could remake every map from halo 1, 2, and 3 exactly as the maps were just with high quality substance materials in just a few weeks

8 hours ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Quake 2, Quake Champions, Doom Eternal

1 hour ago, Shekkles said:

Guys I did a thing. i've never done a thing before:

Good review.

Something I've been holding back on mentioning tho bc I figured someone else would but no one did is that the character models and animations likely aren't finished yet because of an industry standard work flow that is commonly used in games and production.

Animators will likely be given a temporary low poly character model to start animating with while the character artist works on the high poly character model, the high poly character model replaces the low poly character model later on. This is a workflow that would explain why the character models don't look finished. Also this would explain why the faces aren't animated yet because the character artist has not finished sculpting or modeling the blendshapes for the characters faces to be animated. Bendshapes are added before rigging and finished later on after rigging. The animators can set up keyframes for the blendshapes a head of time but until the character artist finishes them you won't see them. Example would be the Craig meme lol.

Another thing is the motion path of the banished phantom, it looks very linear like theirs no ease in or ease out on the path at all, this is noticeable on other animations too some even lacking in overlap and follow through. It seems like theirs no animation curve which is something that you can literally change in one click on a graph editor so that screams rushed and scrambled together demo to me which lines up with switching engines recently especially since the banished phantom motion path goes right through a tree and turns very sharply lol. Environment artist likely didn't know and put a tree their so prolly an accident bc again too rushed and scrambled together to test much. Typically when you are showing a demo to over 2 million people all of this should be finished and polished before you show anything lol.

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Shekkles said:

I definitely Agree regarding the new bubble shield. It’s balancing mechanic is that you can destroy, but the problem to me is the fact they can fire through it. I think in MP for balancing reasons this should change 

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Great video. I share many of your concerns in this vid (sprint, drop wall, shock grenade lol). Make more content!

• Upvote (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Excellent video, great "digestible" feedback, sums it all.

You also have lovable voice. 

• Upvote (+1) 4