CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

2 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

Don't worry, they'll patch it before the game releases.

It's still incredible to me how the crisp aiming and minimal aim magnetism was the only bright spot of the H5 beta only for them to inexplicably butcher the very act of looking around and shooting in an FPS in the final release.

Swear to god

Sometimes I watch my Halo 5 Beta clips just to reminisce.................. :mj:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sosa Baby said:

Swear to god

Sometimes I watch my Halo 5 Beta clips just to reminisce.................. :mj:

You can literally tell just by watching how much better the beta felt

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

Don't worry, they'll patch it before the game releases.

Wouldn't be surprised if they patch it because immersion.

Does this fix things? I've had my opinion changed on sprint a few times over the years by people more knowledgeable than I on the subject of arena games, and used to be of the "well if they balance sprint it will be fine" group before realizing it just needed to go.

But this seems like the next best thing, especially if we can turn the animation off.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Hooked 2
  • WutFace (+0) 1

12 minutes ago, Jmacz said:

Does this fix things? I've had my opinion changed on sprint a few times over the years by people more knowledgeable than I on the subject of arena games, and used to be of the "well if they balance sprint it will be fine" group before realizing it just needed to go.

But this seems like the next best thing, especially if we can turn the animation off.

maps will continue to be designed around the fastest movement speed available. it has to go. 

Just now, Obnokshus said:

maps will continue to be designed around the fastest movement speed available. it has to go. 

Well that depends on what they do, if they keep stretching them out yeah. But if we get normal sized maps and this is what "sprint" is now does it not have any effect on game play?

To me what it looks like is that it takes a second for you to hit max movement speed. Once you do the "sprint" animation starts but it doesn't alter your ability to do anything like it has in the past. The only thing I can see this hurting is strafing maybe, as if your starting up to slow the strafe is going to be garbage. I wonder if they can control how fast you accelerate depending on which direction you're moving.

1 minute ago, Obnokshus said:

This isn't as big of a deal as some have made it out to be. Not being able to shoot your gun was far and away the main issue. When it comes to map design, I've always thought Halo could use a faster default run speed anyway, but only if there was no sprint. Either way, the map design would be affected nearly equally.

16 minutes ago, Obnokshus said:

but if sprint and clamber are just useless animations that don't do anything the maps would be designed around normal base movement and regular jumping, the animation would only be their as an option

EDIT: don't get me wrong I'd rather sprint and clamber just not be in the game at all but tbh if they don't effect movement at all and are just animations that's the next best thing especially if you can just turn them off like you would with assassination animations

Just now, Ethereal Nights said:

Wouldn't be surprised if they patch it because immersion.

After all I can't be fully immersed unless it takes 5 seconds for a super soldier to pull their gun out

• Like (+1) 1

I watched the clamber in slow motion as well, can't tell if its the same as sprint. The reticle disappears but they start shooting before it shows up again, so you may be able to shoot out of clamber?

1 hour ago, aa_Pregnant_Nun said:

Hmm Interesting, I'm fine with a useless sprint animation that doesn't effect gameplay at all lol. Gotta look into this a bit more but if this is true it's good news. Just need them to make clamber completely useless now too and we good.

EDIT: Tbh at that point tho why not just remove it from the game?

Sprint's only purpose would be to activate slide. 

2 minutes ago, MaceX42 said:

Sprint's only purpose would be to activate slide. 

Couldn't slide just be what happens when you move while crouching if this was the case?

• Like (+1) 1

BUT WHY the speed boost is SO NEGLIGIBLE this company man...

Watch it be able to be increased through the upgrade menu and MP sprint is much faster by default.

• Like (+1) 3
  • WutFace (+0) 1

Why would it matter if we can act out of it?

I've watched in on Youtube now with 60 fps. One frame they're sprinting, the next the gun is up and the bullet is out already about to hit the Brute.

1 minute ago, Jmacz said:

Why would it matter if we can act out of it?

I've watched in on Youtube now with 60 fps. One frame they're sprinting, the next the gun is up and the bullet is out already about to hit the Brute.

You still can't move at max speed and shoot at the same time. You could do something similar in h5 by spamming RT and sprint at least with the magnum. It's clunky as shit and the other dude can still run away to safety. Also doesn't fix sprint's impact on pacing, map design, things like the insanely forgiving aim assist in recent games, the fact objective gametypes are ass cancer with sprint etc etc. Sprint will always create problems.

• Like (+1) 6

7 minutes ago, Basu said:

You still can't move at max speed and shoot at the same time. You could do something similar in h5 by spamming RT and sprint at least with the magnum. It's clunky as shit and the other dude can still run away to safety. Also doesn't fix sprint's impact on pacing, map design, things like the insanely forgiving aim assist in recent games, the fact objective gametypes are ass cancer with sprint etc etc. Sprint will always create problems.

What if we do move at max speed though? I'm not saying that part is certain as there is no way to know right now with the game play we have seen. But if it is and sprint is literally just an animation that shows you're moving at top speed what is the issue with it? Because that's not sprint as we know it, that's just like if you added the animation to top movement speed in Halo 3 as (and correct me if I'm wrong here) but it took a second to get to max walking speed in Halo 3. Wasn't that the reason the strafe was so bad?

The map design and auto aim are also kinda their own separate things to accommodate for sprint as we used to know it. If we get normal maps, the right amount of auto aim, and there is no penalty to sprinting then where is the issue? We aren't going to be able to tell until we see more game play, but being able to act instantly out of sprint is a pretty big deal if you ask me.

In addition to his standard abilities like gun, grenade, melee, jump, and crouch, Chief gains new powers over the course of campaign.  Mix and match one ability from each category to customize Chief’s kit for a particular mission.  

While airborne, press LB to:

-activate a short duration Jetpack 

-perform a Wall-Kick 

-lunge forward a short distance then clamber if a ledge is reached (Gravity Gauntlet) 

-activate a Glider that increases forward movement speed and decreases descent speed 

Press A to:  

-Thrust 

-Evade (flip while airborne) 

-activate Gravity Boots (high-jump, hover, ground-stomp) 

-Sphere (transform into ball) 

Press B to: 

-deploy a Power Drain 

-deploy a Hologram 

-fire a Flamethrower 

-fire a Missile Pod 

Hold Y to equip sidearm (third weapon):

-Magnum (utility weapon) 

-Energy Sword 

-SAW (anti vehicle power weapon) 

-Power Glove (pick up and launch objects) 

A player could have none of the aforementioned abilities and still function as a Spartan but these custom enhancements allow Chief to approach situations in new ways.  

• WutFace (+0) 1

5 Years...... 5 fucking long years and this is how the game looks? Worse than old Halos? 

So when you give 343 more time they get worse 🙃

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Jmacz said:

What if we do move at max speed though? I'm not saying that part is certain as there is no way to know right now with the game play we have seen. But if it is and sprint is literally just an animation that shows you're moving at top speed what is the issue with it? Because that's not sprint as we know it, that's just like if you added the animation to top movement speed in Halo 3 as (and correct me if I'm wrong here) but it took a second to get to max walking speed in Halo 3. Wasn't that the reason the strafe was so bad?

The map design and auto aim are also kinda their own separate things to accommodate for sprint as we used to know it. If we get normal maps, the right amount of auto aim, and there is no penalty to sprinting then where is the issue? We aren't going to be able to tell until we see more game play, but being able to act instantly out of sprint is a pretty big deal if you ask me. 

As I said before I mean if it's actually just visual I can get behind it, but even our detectives using 0.25x speed claim there is at least a 10% speed increase and let's be real 343 wouldn't go for a visual only sprint, they are way too obsessed with getting the CoDtards on board to deceive them like that. It might be a small increase in speed and a faster transition out of sprint, but it still has all its issues, just toned down slightly.

Also I fail to see how clamber can be visual only? Slide is eh and can be ignored kida, but clamber is definelty still there and will ruin maps, unless it's limited to very specific ledges.

2 hours ago, aa_Pregnant_Nun said:

Hmm Interesting, I'm fine with a useless sprint animation that doesn't effect gameplay at all lol. Gotta look into this a bit more but if this is true it's good news. Just need them to make clamber completely useless now too and we good.

EDIT: Tbh at that point tho why not just remove it from the game?

To avoid pissing off casual players that say things like "its dumb the super soldier can't sprint"

Also with the campagin being open world and supposidely much bigger in scope and the reveal showed an upgrade tab maybe you increase the move speed of sprint through upgrades but it is always the base move speed in multiplayer

Image from reveal showing upgrade tab on world map

1 hour ago, Jmacz said:

Couldn't slide just be what happens when you move while crouching if this was the case?

Eh, you'd end up with unwanted slides possibility if trying to crouch in a gunfight or trying stuff like spring jumping?

Sprint being a nonexistent speed boost that exists only as precursor to slide is an alright compromise, it at least means maps won't have to be stretched for it and that just turning it off in MP wouldn't have any negative effect on gameplay like the CE and H3 Throwbacks in Halo 5.