CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

9 minutes ago, Toastomgi said:

343 still hasn't figured out how to implement abilities.

They make the stretch as far as stretching maps and throwing a ledge on maps which js poor implementation and accomadation for the game design concept around abilities. Abilities lack meta and the result is a failure in the idea of Abilities, the maps fail, BP halo fails and then the game with its population.

What's the chances 343 has any real game depth going into HI?

Tbh I like to think things may be different. Well for one I noticed how high the spartan jumps. Although clamber was an option it didn’t look necessary 

2 hours ago, aa_Pregnant_Nun said:

Finally, it's here

In more sophisticated way, it says the same thing everyone does. Game looks like shit and in some ways, its behind H3 or Reach. Especially word "unimaginative" sticks out a lot for me, and its not just the textures. 4k wont do nothing here.

• Upvote (+1) 3

35 minutes ago, Hemlax said:

In more sophisticated way, it says the same thing everyone does. Game looks like shit and in some ways, its behind H3 or Reach. Especially word "unimaginative" sticks out a lot for me, and its not just the textures. 4k wont do nothing here.

Pixel count is all that matters !! Moar pixels moar fun!!

6 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

"You have to watch it in 4K" has become the new "you have to listen to Fear Incoulum 27 times in a row for your smoothbrain to get it".

"It's a different sub-species of Brute"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1

Just now, Ethereal Nights said:

It's kind of amusing the graphics have led the discussion on this forum.

Surprisingly graphics have been the one thing 343 hasnt been terrible at, with Halo 4 and 5 looking decent. But the fact that this was the main showing of the power of the Series X means alot was riding on how this shit looks lol 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

8 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

"You have to watch it in 4K" has become the new "you have to listen to Fear Incoulum 27 times in a row for your smoothbrain to get it".

**uses a 1080p tn monitor to watch 4k 60fps video**

I haven't seem much on what people are hoping for as far as utility weapons. I personally have grown pretty tired of the BR after playing a bunch of H2/H3 after playing a few months of just CE prior. I am now on the pistol bandwagon. I know the H5 pistol was actually pretty good, quite possibly one of the best things about the game. But what are we looking for/hoping for here? I can't see them going back to a 3sk so I'd just hope for a 4sk. But then everything else everyone seems to have mixed opinions on other than everyone hates bloom and random spread.

Personally I'd like 4sk. No hitscan but fast bullet travel time. No bloom, random spread only if you hold down the trigger. 2x Scope with a perfect kill time around a second.

• Upvote (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Sosa Baby said:

Surprisingly graphics have been the one thing 343 hasnt been terrible at, with Halo 4 and 5 looking decent. But the fact that this was the main showing of the power of the Series X means alot was riding on how this shit looks lol 

latest?cb=20190303144719

• Like (+1) 9

6 minutes ago, Ethereal Nights said:

I was not at all prepared to have this discussion, but 343 found a way to floor me once again.

• Like (+1) 7

7 minutes ago, Jmacz said:

Hmm Interesting, I'm fine with a useless sprint animation that doesn't effect gameplay at all lol. Gotta look into this a bit more but if this is true it's good news. Just need them to make clamber completely useless now too and we good.

EDIT: Tbh at that point tho why not just remove it from the game?

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Jmacz said:

It would be so funny if turning off sprint was a personal toggle option like assassinations were. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Hooked 2

17 minutes ago, Sosa Baby said:

Lol, yeah Halo 5 was struggling with this problem. 

Halo-5-Guardians-Coliseum-Screenshot-7.j

Never forget this masterpiece. 

They're still doing the shiny sort of shit in Infinite as well. So much for old art style. 

Edit: Holy shit, I forgot abut the vomit grass. Lmao. 

23 minutes ago, superspartan004 said:

It would be so funny if turning off sprint was a personal toggle option like assassinations were. 

YES! Do this with clamber too, but again at that point why not just remove them from the game if they do nothing?

EDIT: TBH if they did just make sprint and clamber a toggle option that doesn't actually effect gameplay I WOULD BE SO FKN HAPPY!!! Assuming equipment won't make it into competitive settings without sprint and clamber Halo Infinite has potential to be a good Halo.  Graphics aside that is

5 minutes ago, Sosa Baby said:

Never listen to these companies. 343 started building the engine for Infinite five years ago, years before even the One X was on the market. There is absolutely no way this game was built to be a Series X title. Hell, it's not even a proper cross gen title. It's an Xbox One game being ported to the Series X for launch. That's pretty clear now.

Here's the thing though. From a gameplay standpoint, these graphics are far less obtrusive than Halo 5's. Other than the shield regen hexagons of course. But overall, would I rather have Infinite's graphics over H5's? Yes. That doesn't mean it's technically more impressive, because I don't even think it is. But based on that demo, it's far easier to read the battlefield which is what personally matters to me.

25 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

I was not at all prepared to have this discussion, but 343 found a way to floor me once again.

It's kind of impressive tbh.

3 minutes ago, Jmacz said:

I have watched this clip over a few times in even slower motion.

https://i.imgur.com/KH3Z8HH.mp4

It looks like the shot comes out instantly. Before the gun even starts to come up.

This actually would fix the number one issue with sprint.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Ethereal Nights said:

They were just utterly shocking man. 

So I'm going frame by frame on that 50% slower than the actual video is playing (not sure if it's actually 1 frame).

This is the frame before the shot comes out.
8j0pKJ3.png

And the frame right after

tE4Eygy.png

• Like (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, PolyG said:

They were just utterly shocking. 

They got noticeably worse as the demo went on as well I think, which is part of the problem. For about the first two minutes I thought they looked good, not as great as I expected, but good. Then by the end Chief rides an elevator up a black monolith which is for some reason a prominent feature all over the map, you see notable pop in, and then he hits a button and an ugly as hell Brute from Halo 3 is giving you a speech with a Face that takes up the entire screen.

Horrible last impression. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Ethereal Nights said:

This actually would fix the number one issue with sprint.

Don't worry, they'll patch it before the game releases.

It's still incredible to me how the crisp aiming and minimal aim magnetism was the only bright spot of the H5 beta only for them to inexplicably butcher the very act of looking around and shooting in an FPS in the final release.

• Like (+1) 9