CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

9 minutes ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

CE/2 don't have that feature either yet it still had an M rating, 3 added it and the rating still didn't go up so it clearly has no bearing on it.  Halo has always been an incredibly soft M, the drop to T is more indicative of the ESRB changing their standards imo. 

Bruh you could see them get converted. Maybe not in a cut scene but whatever 

50 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Sprint and Grapple are activated by their own dedicated buttons.  Clamber is activated by the jump button while airborne.  If you had the authority, what would you replace those abilities with?  

Clamber: Wall Kick

Sprint: Ping button / commo rose from battlefield

Grapple: I would just leave it for equipment like grav lifts which is IIRC what they're going for

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Hooked 1

Grapple is already confirmed to be an equipment on the map according to the post on waypoint. Now sprint clamber slide I’m positive are basic traits.

11 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Bruh you could see them get converted. Maybe not in a cut scene but whatever 

CE/2 didn't feature dynamic Flood infection in gameplay lmfao, that shit wasnt added until Halo 3. 

MP maps will have to take into consideration sprinting, clamber, etc. 343's mp design in general has been outright terrible thus far. Sure you can likely boost movement speed or increase jump height to satisfy environment traversal in a more competitive manner. But let's not forget how the comp scene looked in H5. Pretty sure we even had radar for quite a significant time; at least I think we did. I've tried to block out most of my memories of that game. But unless 343 allows the comp scene to manage that aspect of their gameplay.. we are going to see less numbers than AGL (like we currently do) within a few events. 

There is a far higher probability of this game having less staying power than it's predecessor; than it being a successful multi-year project. 343 did not, nor will they ever "get it" and it is starting to look like Microsoft doesn't get it either. 

Halo ain't it anymore Chief and hasn't been for a decade plus. But at least we got memes. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

CE/2 didn't feature dynamic Flood infection in gameplay lmfao, that shit wasnt added until Halo 3. 

Your point? The fact is it happened in a game and now a standard is there 

My biggest gripe about 343 and gaming companies in general is never answering questions.

343 debunked the rumor of MP not being at launch but refused to answer questions regarding elements like core modes.

mother fucker answer the fucking question! If I ask you if oddball, forge, custom browser Etc is there at launch then answer! Don’t make me wait to only be disappointed! But 343 isn’t the only game company guilty of this non sense. 

8 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

343 debunked the rumor of MP not being at launch but refused to answer questions regarding elements like core modes.

Mmmm, I wonder why. :thinking:

• Like (+1) 5

The ESRB cares about blood, gore, swearing and tits when it comes to giving an M rating.  Fungal zombie infections are fine as long as you don't see someone's bloody guts hanging out.

I'm really over the graphics discussion.  The thing that makes it the worst is how they keep touting this BRAND NEW ENGINE! Then it looks like that.  But the fact is, the graphics are plenty good to not get in the way of gameplay so fuck it.  I'm more curious how they're going to retcon Halo 5 at this point.

I'm trying really hard not to make a judgement on the multiplayer until i actually see it. Sprint is still BS but i made my peace with the fact that it would be in the game a long time ago. From the looks of it, its the best iteration we can hope for.  Any hope of its total removal is frankly, delusional.  The rest of what I saw gameplay wise is fine provided they stick to their word and the abilities are map pickups.  At this point I'm worried about what we DIDN'T see.  What is the default starting weapon going to be? Are we going to have an EZ Mode headshot sniper again? Hitscan/projective/both? Do the maps suck? What modes is the game going to ship with? Is the aiming not going to suck? will they have input based matchmaking or throw everybody into the same hoppers?

With this new Halo game it's best to assume the worst. You'll either have the smug satisfaction of being right or you'll be pleasantly surprised.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

The ESRB cares about blood, gore, swearing and tits when it comes to giving an M rating.  Fungal zombie infections are fine as long as you don't see someone's bloody guts hanging out.

I'm really over the graphics discussion.  The thing that makes it the worst is how they keep touting this BRAND NEW ENGINE! Then it looks like that.  But the fact is, the graphics are plenty good to not get in the way of gameplay so fuck it.  I'm more curious how they're going to retcon Halo 5 at this point.

I'm trying really hard not to make a judgement on the multiplayer until i actually see it. Sprint is still BS but i made my peace with the fact that it would be in the game a long time ago. From the looks of it, its the best iteration we can hope for.  Any hope of its total removal is frankly, delusional.  The rest of what I saw gameplay wise is fine provided they stick to their word and the abilities are map pickups.  At this point I'm worried about what we DIDN'T see.  What is the default starting weapon going to be? Are we going to have an EZ Mode headshot sniper again? Hitscan/projective/both? Do the maps suck? What modes is the game going to ship with? Is the aiming not going to suck? will they have input based matchmaking or throw everybody into the same hoppers?

1. Aiming from what I can tell looked good. Even in h5 campaign there’s plenty of moments I struggled to turn, or it felt like there was bs input lag even I’m hooked up to the console via usb.

2. Default I’m betting off is the BR as that’s the fan default weapon. 
3. Knowing 343 yes the sniper will be easy unfortunately.

4. I’m hoping the map design is similar to sanctuary, guardian, coliseum(this map from h5 was really good) etc. heck’s I hope a forge variant of sanctuary is added I love that map!

p.s lol I like how the meme brute says “this is the end” before dying. Lol I hope more lines like that are said. 

43 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

I hope the franchise does die so that you fucking imbeciles learn your lesson. 

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 6

Right now my concern is bloom. This is noticed on Reddit and waypoint m. The carbine and that commando guns bloom from what I could tell was all visual didn’t impact accuracy. And if it did then well it’s about 5% bloom because every shot landed where they fired. But the pistol I noticed might have some bloom but it reset pretty fast. But considering that pistol shoots like the h4 pistol, I guess it’s ok to an extent. They want this to work like a side arm than a quality utility. 

one interesting thing I’ve noticed is OVERHEAT weapons. When he used that red plasma gun he switched to the carbine before it over heated, but when he switched back it didn’t reset 

I hoping for some interesting equipment. If they bring back regen and bubble shield they need to work like their armor ability counter parts. The regen needs to be slow where it’s something that can’t save you. The bubble needs to be destroyable and I think a short time span of 5 or 10 seconds is appropriate while like armor lock TU damage decreases that time limit. 
One thing I like about this is I noticed weapon switching wasn’t different depending on the weapon. One thing I hated about h5 was depending on the weapon size determined how fast you switched to it. 

17 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

p.s lol I like how the meme brute says “this is the end” before dying. Lol I hope more lines like that are said. 

This was one of the touches that they killed in H4.  Sometimes chief shows up and the grunts are like, "The demon is here!" or you kill an elite and they go "Run away, Run away!" those little details are great.

I’m seriously worried about the aiming on this one. 343 is the only company I know of to tie aiming to sever connection. I still don’t know what the hell happened between the H5 beta and release. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

This was one of the touches that they killed in H4.  Sometimes chief shows up and the grunts are like, "The demon is here!" or you kill an elite and they go "Run away, Run away!" those little details are great.

I just love shit like that in any game. I like to answer back when I kill them “you’re right it, it IS!”for you bitch! Hahaha

you know tbh the gameplay doesn’t look bad. I’m interested. I like that equipment is back as I never hated it. I only hated the regen and bubble. But they obviously can be balanced. 

the gun play was amazing and the instant strafe is great. I really do hope textures end up better. The graphics just need to be better than h5, and then we good. Perhaps the open world aspect could hold them back as high graphics in open world games is very demanding.

@Stoppabl3 I think we’re good on that front mate. Even h5 lan there were aiming issues. And campaign wasn’t special either. That game in general had a lot of input lag actually.

I like that the brute was affected by being shot in the legs. This’ll be the first halo game where being shot in specific areas does something to an enemy. In the past you could make grunts or jackels flinch but brutes and elites nothing really happened except the brutes would go into ape shit mode, or elites would scream at you like they wete saying “you MOTHER FUCKER”! 

It’s really interesting how fast grenades are thrown. Do you guys believe this is a good thing or a bad thing? 
Idk but I’m kinda sad dual wielding didn’t return. 
Lol I just realized the new shot gun looks a lot like the EVA 8 from apex legends 

If you pause when he hovers a plasma pistol. 
it says Pistol | plasma | charge, as if recognizing it as a pistol like category. 

The fact they would allow something like a Phantom clipping through a tree in the first 10 seconds blows my mind. If I'm Phil Spencer the 343 execs would have had quite the talking to after the event. 

I think one thing that might be true is that maybe it was wrong to think of Infinite as a Series X game/showcase. It's quite possible they really did design most of it around the Xbox one and just did some basic upscaling for the Series X. I always assumed this would be a technical showcase for the power of the next-gen console but I think that might have been just that, an assumption that wasn't ever the case internally. The fact that Ray Tracing features are being added after the fact lends credence the that. 

That tech demo from two years ago and even demo from last year were incredibly misleading though, but if you watch them again now there are some hints in there (the rhinos in the tech demo look "Craig-esque" for instance. 

39 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

One interesting thing I’ve noticed is OVERHEAT weapons. When he used that red plasma gun he switched to the carbine before it over heated, but when he switched back it didn’t reset

This is 99% just an oversight because they had to rush out a somewhat functional build for this showcase.

After watching this video about about 10 times, I have no idea how any of this will work during multiplayer. 

:intensifies:

1 minute ago, LI Mr X IL said:

If sprint is only 10% faster why not just the BMS 10% faster and call it a day? The fact that it basically does nothing but still HAS to be in the game just pisses me off even more.

What should the sprint button activate instead?