CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

This tweet is so 343. Do they think they are untouchable or something? Or am i misreading this? As a disappointed customer I want the company to respond to the critique. I mean, put this scenario in another context. There is a huge storm of complaints about the cleaning in a hotel and the customers calls it Hotel Dump all over the internet. The hotel PR-manager tweet: "So, what should our new logo look like? Like a big classic dump of waste or more like a pile of dog shit? Please send me your proposals".

I don´t think this tweet is lighthearted. Quite the opposite.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Hooked 1

8 minutes ago, FireAtWill said:

This tweet is so 343. Do they think they are untouchable or something? Or am i misreading this? As a disappointed customer I want the company to respond to the critique. I mean, put this scenario in another context. There is a huge storm of complaints about the cleaning in a hotel and the customers calls it Hotel Dump all over the internet. The hotels PR-manager tweet: "So, what should our new logo look like? Like a big classic dump of waste or more like a pile of dog shit? Please send me your proposals".

343 reminds me of that oblivious kid who joins in on the laughter, not realizing that they're the joke.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2
  • Hooked 1

1 hour ago, Knighty Knight said:

The game might work better with sprint and grappling hooks. But we are damn sure going to test the SHIT out of the settings without em.

I'm all set with either of those options. I tried testing Halo 4 for competitive and that broke my spirit, never again.

Something I noticed from the 4K footage is that the armor textures do have scuffs and other weathering on them but the resolution is so high that those details are very small when zoomed out. It's more easily seen on Chief but it's there on the Brutes as well.

The texture artists need to work on exaggerating their materials. It's not something that resolution magically fixes, because again those details just stop being apparent once they are viewed from any sort of distance.

NIFR74c.jpg

11 hours ago, LoftiestTea33 said:

I mean, idk this is on the frontpage too 

and it references the post you posted. I know we like to shit on r/halo but a lot of people there are complaining too. Which does not bode well

I'm glad there is backlash, but the post you linked has a mere 2.5k upvotes compared to the 30k upvotes of the one I linked, make no mistake people are in full on denial, I got piled on and called an idiot and a troll in the Halo discord for asking for proof of the "multiple month old build" claim, but they got a whole lot less mouthy and a lot more quiet when they started to realise I was right and that it seems the build shown is the most polished one available based on the info in the interview I linked.

What really stood out to me was their desperation to write it off as a very old build despite any actual confirmation from 343, some even claimed it was from January because deep down even if you're the biggest fanboy, we all know it looked terrible for the flahship title of a next gen console, of which the main marketing point has been "power, power, power" and a game that has been in dev for 5 years with a supposed "$500 million" budget.

What a disaster.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

2 hours ago, FireAtWill said:

This tweet is so 343. Do they think they are untouchable or something? Or am i misreading this? As a disappointed customer I want the company to respond to the critique. I mean, put this scenario in another context. There is a huge storm of complaints about the cleaning in a hotel and the customers calls it Hotel Dump all over the internet. The hotels PR-manager tweet: "So, what should our new logo look like? Like a big classic dump of waste or more like a pile of dog shit? Please send me your proposals".

Ske7ch is only a community manager who has 0 input in the game, a pretty good one at that I'd say. It's a shame he got dealt the cards he has.

33 minutes ago, theslatcher said:

Ske7ch is only a community manager who has 0 input in the game, a pretty good one at that I'd say. It's a shame he got dealt the cards he has.

He is the community director. Well, I think they are handling the situation the wrong way but maybe I take this too serious.

SociableThatElectriceel-size_restricted.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Hooked 1

To all the people saying sprint is insignificant, you barely even saw it. There might be more ramp-up time and after that you go fater or some bullshit like sprinting with the magnum making you go faster. The fact it's there is already enough to know this game is a bust.

• Upvote (+1) 1

People are saying that you may be able to shoot out of sprint without penalty and that it's an animation that plays automatically at top speed after a few seconds of constant forward movement.

• Like (+1) 2

I've watched the demo thirty times. Sprint is a ten percent increase in movement, compared to Halo 5's twenty percent. There is no ramp-up speed, it's an instant increase. Slide is shorter, jump is higher, clamber is faster. Seems to me sprint is more of an activation for slide than it being traversal.

Credit were it's due, it looks to be the least obtrusive version of the mechanic yet. But, it's still Sprint.

• Like (+1) 8

2 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

I've watched the demo thirty times. Sprint is a ten percent increase in movement, compared to Halo 5's twenty percent. There is no ramp-up speed, it's an instant increase. Slide is shorter, jump is higher, clamber is faster. Seems to me sprint is more of an activation for slide than it being traversal.

Credit were it's due, it looks to be the least obtrusive version of the mechanic yet. But, it's still Sprint.

This seems to be the case.

• Like (+1) 1

We also know the grappling hook is a core ability in campaign, but its a map pickup in MP, so already theres a massive difference in your movement abilities between SP and MP, so dropping sprint might still not be off the table. I'll wait for the MP reveal and more info regarding that before I start casting final judgement, but I like what I've seen when it comes to the campaign gameplay.

27 minutes ago, HeX Reapers said:

People are saying that you may be able to shoot out of sprint without penalty and that it's an animation that plays automatically at top speed after a few seconds of constant forward movement.

Although kind of clunky, this is the an implementation I could get behind. Given that it's an illusion anyways, just make it a pure animation that can hopefully be disabled. I've always said increased FOV and more weapon sway would give us all the "benefits" of sprint.

Another thing I forgot to mention. During the fight up the ramp, the base movement strafe is instant, no delay moving from forward to backward, side to side. You can see bits of it if you comb throughout the fight before the lift, and up top.

Pisses me off that they have a decent Halo underneath their stubborn cling to sprint.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Another thing I forgot to mention. During the fight up the ramp, the base movement strafe is instant, no delay moving from forward to backward, side to side. You can see bits of it if you comb throughout the fight before the lift, and up top.

Pisses me off that they have a decent Halo underneath their stubborn cling to sprint.

I really feel we’re making sprint to be a bigger deal than it actually is atm. From what I can tell sprint ain’t going to break the game, it’s not fast enough to warrant h5 sized maps, but a good in between to what h3,4,&5 brought. The weapon sandbox I don’t think will be so broken where playing classic type of shit is out of the question. 

• Downvote (-1) 2

21 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

underneath sprint, and clamber and the bloated sandbox and uninspired art design. At least the music sounded good tho.

So I I’m curious about the current game rating. It says T online but it’s obvious by the sound team getting a pug, and the fact they’re on a halo ring that the FLOOD are on it. I’d be surprised if they could find a way to censor that shit. 

1 minute ago, Reamis25 said:

But that’s in an RTS. The detail of a flood converting someone isn’t there like it was in h1-3

unknown.pngunknown.png

They'd have to take into consideration the cut scenes as well, which do a great job at a realistic take on the Flood.

I mean we didn’t get to see them converted. That’s just a flood transformed brute, nothing special. 

Sprint and Grapple are activated by their own dedicated buttons.  Clamber is activated by the jump button while airborne.  If you had the authority, what would you replace those abilities with?  

2 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

I mean we didn’t get to see them converted. That’s just a flood transformed brute, nothing special. 

CE/2 don't have that feature either yet it still had an M rating, 3 added it and the rating still didn't go up so it clearly has no bearing on it.  Halo has always been an incredibly soft M, the drop to T is more indicative of the ESRB changing their standards imo. 

• Like (+1) 1