CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

I better not wait two fucking months just to see anything multiplayer related. I don’t even hate the movement as the mechanics themselves seem pretty tame, and its giving me apex legends vibes which I do enjoy to play.

24 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

Honestly they should worry about surviving 6 months. Really I'm not even trying to be an ass to 343 but every single game released by that company has gotten swept under the rug by the first wave of popular games after its release window

Exactly. A good way to do that is to launch the game with staple community features. Even with how bad Reach's gameplay was, it's social aspect was very strong and it held a steady, respectable population. Sadly this is 343 we're talking about here. I expect the bare minimum.

3 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

Exactly. A good way to do that is to launch the game with staple community features. Even with how bad Reach's gameplay was, it's social aspect was very strong and it held a steady, respectable population. Sadly this is 343 we're talking about here. 

A game where they've already committed to making post-release graphics updates 4 months in advance is not going to have staple features. 343 has yet to release a game with anywhere near the features of Halo 3.

2 hours ago, Warlord Wossman said:

It is pretty damn bad actually, not saying this because I am on the fence with some gameplay decisions and wanting to rub it in but because I play a lot of games on PC. I get that if you are still on an xbox one you have not seen many games that look much better than that, that's just the downside of being limited to old hardware with no upgrade path.
But realistically this sort of graphic (even on consoles) would be 2015 standard at best, on PC it's closer to 2012 I would say, I don't expect Halo to be the new most shiny and graphically impressive game out there - but I think it's fair to expect something that looks better than Halo 5 after the years that passed. No major triple A game series typically sees such a downgrade over the previous title, especially not after the amount of time in between.
Their engine looks like this game was meant to be on the xbox one mainly, which was probably the initial plan. I am just saying that in 2020 I expect games with massive budget to look like other big titles from 2020, basically every other big studio nails this, why is Halo always the one exception I should just accept?

And I think it's completely fair to expect this game to look as good as other massive budget games in 2020. I definitely don't want to come across as "343 is completely justified" with the showing. When I saw Uncharted 4 or Last of Us 2 for the first time, I knew it was a studio that Sony is banking on to deliver an unreal experience and I feel I got that. I don't blame people for holding 343 to the same standard that I expect from Naughty Dog or CD Projekt Red or the Ubisoft team that handles Far Cry or whoever. I'm just theorizing why they might not have though of getting ahead of the curve saying it's an old build immediately, and I think the reason why is they thought "it looks okay".

As of this point, I kind of compare 343 to Gearbox. I do think they have potential to strike gold like Gearbox has done a couple times, but I definitely don't expect their projects to revolutionize anything and I expect them to stumble pretty often.

Whatever, Diabotical stress test tomorrow let's gooooo!

• Like (+1) 1

Honestly I think they should simply delay the game. They have every excuse in the universe to do it right now and they'll only drag themselves through the mud further if this isn't perfect. That game is supposed to last years and years? Well make sure you release it correctly even if it is a few months or six later. That's what someone would do if they really wanted it to last.

They need to step back and check out some Shigeru Miyamoto quotes or something and really think about what is about to happen. Wouldn't want to see them drop a mass effect andromeda and it looks like they're setting up to mirror that one as closely as possible right now

Just remember people are still in denial that Infinite will look way better

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thonking (+0) 2

27 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

its giving me apex legends vibes which I do enjoy to play.

Please do play it

1 minute ago, PolyG said:

Please do play it

Umm I do. Bright side here is no thrust, stabalize, no charge or pound 

one thing I do like is the villains monologue. “Set a fire in your heart spartan! Bare your fangs! Fight hard! Die well!” Something about that alongside the music was amazing.

10 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

one thing I do like is the villains monologue. “Set a fire in your heart spartan! Bare your fangs! Fight hard! Die well!” Something about that alongside the music was amazing.

It grew on me. At first I thought it was kinda cringey because I couldn't understand what he was saying and it kinda dragged on, but on rewatch it's more clear that he's literally fanboying over the chance to fight Chief. It's kinda nerdy but in an endearing way.

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, PolyG said:

It grew on me. At first I thought it was kinda cringey because I couldn't understand what he was saying and it kinda dragged on, but on rewatch it's more clear that he's literally fanboying over the chance to fight Chief. It's kinda nerdy but in an endearing way.

Well his race is similar to the sangheli as they love to fight. He’s bored because the battles he’s had were “easy”. He’s now being given the chance to fight the human responsible for the covenant and the deadly floods defeat. 

7 hours ago, Sandman said:

They should have announced a new Conker game tbh

I've been waiting 20 years.......

• Like (+1) 4

I don't know why but I have this feeling that all the movement shit is going to be out of the arena multiplayer and only in campaign and warzone.

And I'm really mad about it because I told myself not to get my hopes up. Someone talk me down.

6 minutes ago, Jmacz said:

I don't know why but I have this feeling that all the movement shit is going to be out of the arena multiplayer and only in campaign and warzone.

And I'm really mad about it because I told myself not to get my hopes up. Someone talk me down.

Its in arena. Even it there is a "Classic playlist" that defeats the purpose because the base game should be what comp/classic settings are and you know the nerds who only play Halo for a week then put it down will like. Don't get any hope up. Just play MCC

You know, I would tolerate grapple blocking you from shooting, if it was literally just a gun you pick up. And 343 just added less than lethal tool like weapons.

Just give me pizza skins and I'll be happy :prayers:

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Hooked 2

1 hour ago, Jmacz said:

LOL

This is 343 we talking about and you trying to use logic

1 hour ago, Jmacz said:

The game might work better with sprint and grappling hooks. But we are damn sure going to test the SHIT out of the settings without em.

Grapple hook, while I'm sure will break the game because 343 is unable to design halo games properly, is the least of my gameplay-related concerns right now. 

Sprint and clamber kills any hope of infinite's default gameplay being acceptable. 

Graphics look like shit, but I could get past it if sprint wasnt in the game. Sprint broke h4 and h5, it will break h6.

This isnt an issue of being a jaded halo vet that cant accept change, this is common sense (unless the kill times are jacked way up and I'm almost positive that's not gonna happen). 

I personally couldn't really care about the graphical fidelity whatsoever, I really only care about how it plays, and I'm not sure what to think on that front based on what we saw yet. I'd have to wait for a demo, beta, or a multiplayer trailer to get better judgement.  I'm hopeful, but I'm more optimistic than I should be based on the past 10 years.

Some guy made a post on waypoint saying classic halo is slow and interestingly enough people are giving it to him. Seems even waypoint people are coming out and condemning 343 for sprint. 

“Have you ever considered that if you find Halo's original gameplay too slow, that maybe Halo just isn't the franchise for you any more? Why should the newer games bend and twist themselves into something totally different to cater to someone who no longer enjoys what the franchise was built on?”

• Fire (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, superspartan004 said:

I personally couldn't really care about the graphical fidelity whatsoever, I really only care about how it plays, and I'm not sure what to think on that front based on what we saw yet. I'd have to wait for a demo, beta, or a multiplayer trailer to get better judgement.  I'm hopeful, but I'm more optimistic than I should be based on the past 10 years.

I'm not too big on graphics either, but this was a reveal. It absolutely mattered here as it's meant to hype gamers up for the next generation of Halo and Xbox. Now it's just meme material. Pretty funny ones too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 5