CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

11 minutes ago, darkstar said:

Why do they insist on replacing iconic weapon designs? That shotgun looks like a generic ass shotgun from literally any military shooter. 

This company is so untalented and uninspired, man. 

Its probably because management is incompetent while the rest of the teams are basically a revolving door of programmers, artists and designers.

• Hooked 3

I haven't seen any @Hard Way posts. You still trying to process this absolute shit show?  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Warlord Wossman said:

With all the backlash on graphics why wouldn't they mention this being 7 months old then?

At least from my perspective, I don't think graphically the game looks as bad as people around the internet are saying. Does it look absolutely stunning? No there's definitely some problems, but I don't think it's anything horrible. I also think the visuals of the explosive effects look really good. Whether it's blood splatter, an actual explosion, or elite shields popping. I think those looked really exaggerated, which I assume is the look 343 was going for, and looked really good from an exaggerated perspective.

If I had to guess, I bet 343 didn't expect such a big backlash. I understand people were expecting it to look mindblowing with the new console, engine, and five years being hyped up; I think that's understandable. I definitely wasn't overly impressed by what I saw but I wasn't disgusted. I bet 343 expected a response similar to how I felt.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

Fine I'll make a comprehensive video on all the design ramifications of sprint stop asking.

Any chance you would be able to include clamber too? Please.

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

1 minute ago, aa_Pregnant_Nun said:

Any chance you would be able to include clamber too? Please.

One thing at a time now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Silos said:

At least from my perspective, I don't think graphically the game looks as bad as people around the internet are saying. Does it look absolutely stunning? No there's definitely some problems, but I don't think it's anything horrible. I also think the visuals of the explosive effects look really good. Whether it's blood splatter, an actual explosion, or elite shields popping. I think those looked really exaggerated, which I assume is the look 343 was going for, and looked really good from an exaggerated perspective.

If I had to guess, I bet 343 didn't expect such a big backlash. I understand people were expecting it to look mindblowing with the new console, engine, and five years being hyped up; I think that's understandable. I definitely wasn't overly impressed by what I saw but I wasn't disgusted. I bet 343 expected a response similar to how I felt.

It is pretty damn bad actually, not saying this because I am on the fence with some gameplay decisions and wanting to rub it in but because I play a lot of games on PC. I get that if you are still on an xbox one you have not seen many games that look much better than that, that's just the downside of being limited to old hardware with no upgrade path.
But realistically this sort of graphic (even on consoles) would be 2015 standard at best, on PC it's closer to 2012 I would say, I don't expect Halo to be the new most shiny and graphically impressive game out there - but I think it's fair to expect something that looks better than Halo 5 after the years that passed. No major triple A game series typically sees such a downgrade over the previous title, especially not after the amount of time in between.
Their engine looks like this game was meant to be on the xbox one mainly, which was probably the initial plan. I am just saying that in 2020 I expect games with massive budget to look like other big titles from 2020, basically every other big studio nails this, why is Halo always the one exception I should just accept?

• Like (+1) 1

I just really want Halo to blow me away again.

...instead of becoming the laughing stock of the gaming sphere.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, darkstar said:

Why do they insist on replacing iconic weapon designs? That shotgun looks like a generic ass shotgun from literally any military shooter. 

Like whats wrong with bringing back all the classics and adding the new variants as pickups on different maps. My God man. Fool me once (Halo 4) shame on me. Fool me twice (Halo 5) shame on me again but Halo Infinite f this shit im out. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just now, L0l0 said:

Like whats wrong with bringing back all the classics and adding the new variants as pickups on different maps. My God man. Fool me once (Halo 4) shame on me. Fool me twice (Halo 5) shame on me again but Halo Infinite f this shit im out. 

Fool me once: Halo 4

Fool me twice: MCC

Fool me thrice: Halo 5

Fool me 4 times: MCC on PC

Can't be falling for this shit now.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, darkstar said:

Looks like im skipping another generation of xbox games again and stick to playing PlayStation games at this point. Gears 5 was pretty good got that on PC. Sony has been dropping nothing but fire this gen. Microsoft need to demand better from their studios. They need to raise their standards. Its a shame 

I think to be as fair as possible the graphics aren't that bad they just aren't good. That's never going to stop me from enjoying a good game so in the end I think its mostly irrelevant for me personally. However I'm just surprised that they could be in the position of releasing a Halo title on a new Xbox console as a launch title and then think that this is the look Halo or the Xbox brand needed. They were in a position to impress and instead they're just looking tired and average at best

I appreciate the colors and I do appreciate the direction they went with a more classic approach to many of the designs but I think everyone would have expected better textures and lighting. They can keep it simple and still do much better than what we got. Ray tracing later will not fix it.

36 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

...instead of becoming the laughing stock of the gaming sphere.

That was a shitty song 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2
  • Toxic (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 3
  • Salt (-1) 1

16 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

I think to be as fair as possible the graphics aren't that bad they just aren't good. 

For something that is meant to be the face of the next gen console releases it really isnt good.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, TonyDHFC said:

For something that is meant to be the face of the next gen console releases it really isnt good.

Exactly. This isn't just a Halo game. It's supposed to be the flagship title for the next generation of Xbox's as well as a Halo game 5 years in the making. One 8 minute trailer later and Halo is basically a laughing stock to everyone other than long time Halo diehards who were already determined to like the game no matter what. 

• Hooked 2

42 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

ONLY THE STRONGEST WILL SURVIVE

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 6

29 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

I think to be as fair as possible the graphics aren't that bad they just aren't good. That's never going to stop me from enjoying a good game so in the end I think its mostly irrelevant for me personally. However I'm just surprised that they could be in the position of releasing a Halo title on a new Xbox console as a launch title and then think that this is the look Halo or the Xbox brand needed. They were in a position to impress and instead they're just looking tired and average at best

I appreciate the colors and I do appreciate the direction they went with a more classic approach to many of the designs but I think everyone would have expected better textures and lighting. They can keep it simple and still do much better than what we got. Ray tracing later will not fix it.

I get that the graphics are still "okay" and not insanely terrible.
On the other hand I have never been excited about a game that I thought just looked okay (gameplay included)

Current impressions based on gameplay trailer:
Gameplay: 2/10
Graphics: 3/10
Sound: 3/10
Average: 2.67/10 or 26.7%

(could be interesting if more people do that little list I did there at the end, just for fun)

1 hour ago, TeeJaY said:

I haven't seen any @Hard Way posts. You still trying to process this absolute shit show?  

I wouldn’t blame him if he’s just done at this point. 

Only thing keeping me around at this point is curiosity to see what the multiplayer will be like. If I’m not impressed, I’m pretty much done for good. 5 strikes and you’re out, 343 lmao

Invasion 2.0 would’ve made for such a cool reveal.  

• Like (+1) 3

36 minutes ago, darkstar said:

I wouldn’t blame him if he’s just done at this point. 

Only thing keeping me around at this point is curiosity to see what the multiplayer will be like. If I’m not impressed, I’m pretty much done for good. 5 strikes and you’re out, 343 lmao

The sad part is it sounds like we're going to be stuck with Infinite for a long time. They might try to make it last as long as R6 Siege, which I just can't see. 

13 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

The sad part is it sounds like we're going to be stuck with Infinite for a long time. They might try to make it last as long as R6 Siege, which I just can't see. 

Honestly they should worry about surviving 6 months. Really I'm not even trying to be an ass to 343 but every single game released by that company has gotten swept under the rug by the first wave of popular games after its release window

• Fire (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Botheredhat360 said:

I don't understand why are people grasping at straws to find an excuse as to why this looks shit. "This is a demo"

You make any excuse, this was the time they showed THE BEST of what they can show... And they show pop-ins, they show bad lighting, they show ridiculously bad textures, PS2 brutes.

It's fucking disgraceful that our community is so ready to defend anything that this company has to do. 

This was meant to be that epic reveal that blows us all away, not some megabloks reveal that we are just meant to believe it's an old build.

If there's anything I've learned over 10+ years of Halo releases, it's that plenty of members of the community will grasp at the thinnest and flimsiest straws to explain how something won't be as bad as we think, only for it to be exactly as bad as we thought upon release.

Reach and bloom, Halo 4 and perks, Halo 5 and automatic weapons, whatever else you can think of. I don't buy for one second that the graphics will be significantly improved upon release or that it was an "old January build". I've been burned too many times to believe any of this; I only hope the rumors of a free multiplayer are true. From what 343 has said about this being the final release for the foreseeable future it seems like they're attempting to move towards a free game/micro-transaction model.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

Honestly they should worry about surviving 6 months. Really I'm not even trying to be an ass to 343 but every single game released by that company has gotten swept under the rug by the first wave of popular games after its release window

Launch with three core playlists then add niche playlists each month compromised of forge maps and custom settings.  Launch with Arena, Squad, and Invasion then add Infection, Doubles, Multi Team, et c.  

1 minute ago, NavG123 said:

If there's anything I've learned over 10+ years of Halo releases, it's that plenty of members of the community will grasp at the thinnest and flimsiest straws to explain how something won't be as bad as we think, only for it to be exactly as bad as we thought upon release.

Reach and bloom, Halo 4 and perks, Halo 5 and automatic weapons, whatever else you can think of. I don't buy for one second that the graphics will be significantly improved upon release or that it was an "old January build". I've been burned too many times to believe any of this; I only hope the rumors of a free multiplayer are true. From what 343 has said about this being the final release for the foreseeable future it seems like they're attempting to move towards a free game/micro-transaction model.

You’re absolutely right and the Halo community has every reason to be angry and skeptical but at the same time, I feel like some parts of the community have been yelling about what’s wrong for so long that they can no longer see what the right direction, or any direction is anymore.