CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

57 minutes ago, theslatcher said:

Sadly we left the showcase without a new Conker nor Banjo.

Damn shame

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TheSimms said:

Its been a long time since i saw the 'Hot Topic' flair, oh boy :weback:

:hooked:

• Simms (+1) 1
  • Hooked 1

At about 7:30 the DF teams kind of gives reason why it looks like it does. Basically, that it was originally intended to be an Xbox one open world title running at 60fps.  Also noting the livestream butchered the quality. They also said they'll be doing a standalone video on it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Hooked 1

I'm just worried people are going to confuse art direction and talentless flat textures from a decade past. The idea that they went for was fine but the result is a clown fiesta 

• Like (+1) 1

This just looks like they let some inexperienced people write an engine thinking they had years of development so it would be fine and now they committed so hard that they need to keep going with this. Looks worse than H5 somehow, even Reach on 1080p looks way better, and if it's 4 months old this still applies, if it takes 4 years to make this shitty looking gameplay trailer the issues are so huge that even 4 months + 5 more until release can hardly fundamentally change this.
I honestly don't get it, it seems like nobody was looking over their shoulders in those 4 years, I wonder why some people quitting 343i is explained by this, I think more experienced devs wanted to leave this sinking ship asap.

Also gameplay looks like Halo 5.1 tho, so go away with your "graphics don't matter" bullshit, the gameplay looks boring and almost the same as Halo 5 just that somebody tossed a fusion coil and has 1 new movement ability, there is not much to discuss so stop blaming people for bringing up that a flagship title for the next gen xbox looks like a 2013 title that could run on nintendo's switch.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Exidrion said:

At about 7:30 the DF teams kind of gives reason why it looks like it does. Basically, that it was originally intended to be an Xbox one open world title running at 60fps.  Also noting the livestream butchered the quality. They also said they'll be doing a standalone video on it.

Love DF. They do excellent work. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mr Grim said:

Its still blam. Mark my fucking words.

Engine marketing has always been, remember when these cunts at bungie said Destiny 2 was a new engine, lmao my arse.

Remember how they said BF4 was a different engine to BF3? 

Yeah don't believe this bs either. It's first person HW2

• Like (+1) 1

DF is a good channel, glad they also bring up that developing for an xbox one does make quite the difference, I was getting a bit tired of kids being like "but that shouldn't hold it back just lower graphics settings on the xbox one and higher ones on the series x".
Sure that might be how it goes for PC games if you check graphics cards one or two tiers above/below the standard one but hardware from 2013 vs 2020 is so different that you cannot just create the entire game the same and then turn down some effects on the xbox one lmao.

So according to community members who got a private viewing with 343 (Mint Blitz for example) the gameplay build is 7 months old.

This makes sense to me because if you look at the Assault Rifle screen at 2:32 is has a really cool amount of detail that is lacking everywhere else.

Also my hopes aren't high for a graphics boost because from Halo 4 and 5 343 HATE damage and weathering. Everything in their works is brand new every time. Plastic, shiny and new. Nothing is ever weathered. 

3 minutes ago, Botheredhat360 said:

Engine marketing has always been, remember when these cunts at bungie said Destiny 2 was a new engine, lmao my arse.

Remember how they said BF4 was a different engine to BF3? 

Yeah don't believe this bs either. It's first person HW2

Sometimes the devs will say new engine but clarify they mean its a new iterative engine. Frankie has straight up said its not an iteration. So he's either lying or this counts as brand new.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HeX Reapers said:

Isn't the H2A Brute Blur/Saber though?

Yeah its not even fair but its not supposed to be we're memeing. The top one isn't in game footage either

21 minutes ago, HeX Reapers said:

unknown.png?width=986&height=677

say hi everyone

I resent the absolute FUCK out of this

3 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

So this build was 7 months old? 

Apparently

With all the backlash on graphics why wouldn't they mention this being 7 months old then?

Also judge games by what you can see gameplay wise, I know most people here want Halo Sprintfinite to be a success, I most certainly wouldn't mind if it turned out to have nice gameplay. But I won't enter the fantasy world in my head making myself believe that internally the game is in a much better state because it's 7 months old - it could be true ofc, but then I will be positively surprised when we see a huge leap forwards in graphics etc.
Better to stick with facts than rumors, especially in the gaming industry.

1 hour ago, HeX Reapers said:

unknown.pngShotgun and possibly the Carbine may be getting replaced. Big yikes. Really hope the Sidekick isn't a Magnum replacement either.

Why do they insist on replacing iconic weapon designs? That shotgun looks like a generic ass shotgun from literally any military shooter. 

This company is so untalented and uninspired, man. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 4