CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

19 minutes ago, Edain said:

Are any of you surprised? Really?

At the general quality of what we saw, no. At the fact that the visuals are on par with Halo 2 Vista, yes.

• Like (+1) 4

51 minutes ago, Boyo said:

An animated reticle is annoying because you are supposed to be looking through it, past it.  I don’t need it to dance for my attention.  A literal dot on the screen would work.  

Apparently the sound, bullet and muzzle flash aren't enough indicators of the weapon's cadence. 

Also apparently the bullet hit, the blood, the enemy flinch and the cries of pain aren't enough indicators you hit something. Apparently you need a literal hit indicator on top of that.

• Like (+1) 4

16 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Apparently the sound, bullet and muzzle flash aren't enough indicators of the weapon's cadence. 

Also apparently the bullet hit, the blood, the enemy flinch and the cries of pain aren't enough indicators you hit something. Apparently you need a literal hit indicator on top of that.

It’s mostly for multiplayer that hit markers are necessary 

Watched the reveal. I basically have no reaction to it. Gameplay is what I would have expected; some improvement, but only ever marginal and only if treating Halo 4 as a baseline. Weird lack of punch for a gameplay/story reveal, the world feels empty and inconsequential.

The only speculation that still interests me is the premise that maybe the demo mission was actually, genuinely made in Forge and that's the real punchline holding the game together. Everything is super blocky because its forged, Infinite is a "platform" because Forge will let people make their own campaign missions and stuff, the map needs to be huge for the sake of having lots of environments, for Forge.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

It’s mostly for multiplayer that hit markers are necessary 

Yeah, if you're blind and stupid and can't see the giant yellow shield glow opponents have when you hit them.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Edain said:

Yeah I am

Went in with low expectations and left even worse.

1 hour ago, Edain said:

Mouth agape at this point in the trailer, honestly. Like my mind couldn't process that this was Halo of all things, showcasing such choppy animation and ugly visuals live in front of millions, so casually. I froze for a moment. Not even Halo 5 did this.

I expected at the very least, decent visuals like 343 always delivered for their trailers.

• Upvote (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Edain said:

Honestly, very much yes.

You've got to give it to 343, they are constantly achieving groundbreaking new lows.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Hooked 2

1 minute ago, soFireFly said:

just pls no bloom. I can live with everything else just pls no bloom

Dude don’t worry just go back and you’ll be able to confirm to yourself that the bloom is visual 

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Reamis25 said:

Dude don’t worry just go back and you’ll be able to confirm to yourself that the bloom is visual 

thank the lawd

2 minutes ago, soFireFly said:

thank the lawd

At least on the carbine weapon and the commando, I think bloom might be present on that sidekick pistol but that pistol is like the gun fighter which is rapid fire that did have bloom. I only say this because even though the shots were accurate every time he shot with it I just wasn’t completely sure at times like when he shot that jackel but I guess he didn’t aim for the head 

I think that campaign trailer should have shown off more weapons. Like, cool, they showed a couple new ones but we could've used more. 

And again there are 2 weapons i truly care about, the BR and the Magnum. Which one do i start with and can i 4 shot with it? 

It just dawned on me that Halo 4 is probably going to remain the best game 343 has ever made. (not counting H2A)

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thonking (+0) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

10 minutes ago, soFireFly said:

I think that campaign trailer should have shown off more weapons. Like, cool, they showed a couple new ones but we could've used more. 

And again there are 2 weapons i truly care about, the BR and the Magnum. Which one do i start with and can i 4 shot with it? 

Ask yourself this? Has there been a halo game made by 343 where you couldn’t 4 shot(do not dare bring up launch h4 or im hunting you down) ? 

2 minutes ago, Jake Teh Nub said:

Where was the BR in the trailer? I didn't see one

It was in the short gameplay reveal trailer.

• Fire (+1) 1