CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

I am not particularly impressed, however I am going to exert my mental energy on something more constructive than circle jerking my negative feelings into a postive feedback loop with an echo chamber, all over pre-alpha campaign gameplay footage. Then I'll hope to see good things in the multiplayer reveal.

...But I'll be expecting to be disappointed but hey that's how it goes.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sosa Baby said:

You must have just gotten here if you believe any thing out of 343s mouth

Lol I’ve spoken much disgust about 343 but I don’t believe they lie about everything 

1 minute ago, Reamis25 said:

Lol I’ve spoken much disgust about 343 but I don’t believe they lie about everything 

You telling me right now, a game thats apparently had a few years of development was delayed by a civil rights/political movement?

What department do you work for them?

4 minutes ago, TonyDHFC said:

You telling me right now, a game thats apparently had a few years of development was delayed by a civil rights/political movement?

What department do you work for them?

Oh so were only talking about the mention of blm not the other part. If they say it caused any delay then it possibly caused it. Maybe some of their developers were protesting themselves is that ever a thought? 

If something external delayed 343 it'd be Covid19 not BLM.

But 343 delayed 343.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Just now, Reamis25 said:

Oh so were only talking about the mention of blm not the other part. 

COVID as a reason would make some kind of sense at least...

13 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

The bloom on those didn’t have an accuracy penalty from what I noticed. 

So, they added reticle bloom for shits and giggles? 

2 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

Yes. In h4 there was reticule bloom but it had no affect on the accuracy in the DMR. You could 5 shot perfect every time. Now I noticed the bloom on the pistol in this may of had an affect but it works like the automatic gun fighter pistol from h5 which has bloom but Not much. The commando and carbine had bloom but no accuracy penalty. You’ll find many games do this actually 

2 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

Knowing 343, yes.

1 hour ago, Stoppabl3 said:

Edov3HrXkAcanNS?format=jpg&name=small

I'm crying  :laughing:. 343 has to have some Sony employees there sabotaging the game cause this is some next level trash. 

Bro fucking bethesda called they want their LODs back

• Like (+1) 3
  • Simms (+1) 3

4 hours ago, DoxGhost said:

So, one of my Discord friends is an outsider to the franchise just said the game doesn't look fun to him. Off to a strong start. 

They picked a part that's so simple and boring.  I can't judge the AI or if the weapons are projectile.  Feel like that was on purpose...

3 hours ago, Avenger said:

Game comes out in 3 months man. That's the final build. This is the Showcase afterall so this is the best they got

No this build is probably a couple months old.  I QA far smaller simpler software and all but our biggest customers don't see shit until the code is at least 6 weeks old .

2 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

Let’s take into account the ranges were all CQC like where leading shouldn’t be a thing at all.

1 hour ago, SpitFlame said:

Yeah some shit got reset during development or they really fell behind their schedule.  Beta's take away resources but even H5 had a significant one.

5 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

What about it? Like 3/5 weapons we saw had bloom. 

Frame by frame the bloom is a fire speed indicator, not RNG

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, _Synapse said:

An animated reticle is annoying because you are supposed to be looking through it, past it.  I don’t need it to dance for my attention.  A literal dot on the screen would work.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Apoll0 said:

Frame by frame the bloom is a fire speed indicator, not RNG

I hope there’s a static option to choose personally as that can get annoying 

• Like (+1) 2

Not exactly an original observation but Halo YouTubers are the worst. Watching these midwits whoop it up while watching some rote warthog driving or those brute drop pods come down makes my skin crawl. So phony.

Also there is no way in fuck that this is a 'new' engine.

• Like (+1) 7

2 minutes ago, Boyo said:

An animated reticle is annoying because you are supposed to be looking through it, past it.  I don’t need it to dance for my attention.  A literal dot on the screen would work.  

Reticle settings would be nice.  I like a dot with simple cross hairs that indicate spread.  Not a circle in a circle or any other shit.

6 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

Not exactly an original observation but Halo YouTubers are the worst. Watching these midwits whoop it up while watching some rote warthog driving or those brute drop pods come down makes my skin crawl. So phony.

Or it is new (unpolished) and they should have just used UE4.  Plus "new" don't mean shit.  I bet they're using the same lighting from H5 given how everything looks like vacuformed plastic.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

Or it is new (unpolished) and they should have just used UE4.  Plus "new" don't mean shit.  I bet they're using the same lighting from H5 given how everything looks like vacuformed plastic.

Unless they struck some special deal, Microsoft would want no part of paying royalty fees to Epic when they have their own engine.

13 minutes ago, CaptainCowboy said:

Unless they struck some special deal, Microsoft would want no part of paying royalty fees to Epic when they have their own engine.

Gears uses it.  If they wanted a first party engine, engineering it and the tools that go with it while making a game at the same time seems like a terrible idea.

Plus how much money are they really saving if they're paying tons of engineers to create it plus making dev time for the actual game take longer from using an underdeveloped tool. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

Don't forget the 3 minute Raid Shadow Legend plugs.   

15 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

I watched the whole thing and there was literally nothing that made me even remotely excited. 

It got exactly 5 reactions out of me:

1) Not only do they keep sprint, they make it even worse than Halo 5's. Incredible. 

2) Why does everything look like shit? 

3) Great, reticle bloom and shitty weapons. 

4) Did he just throw a fucking fusion coil? What is this supposed to be? 

5) Wow, an automatic precision rifle. Kill me. 

• Like (+1) 1

I’m betting august is when we will see MP gameplay.

That’s also the month they’re supposedly announcing the release date for the X.