CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-infinite-beta-test-plans-scaled-back/1100-6480118/

While 343 can no longer commit to offering public beta tests for Halo Infinite, Lee said 343 is "assessing options for broader hands-on opportunities before launch."

Lee also mentioned that there may be beta tests after launch given how 343 plans to grow and evolve Halo Infinite over time. "In fact, in many ways, feedback and community flighting will be even more important after launch as we partner together to continually evolve and update the game into the future," Lee said.

I'm fucking dead lol

• Like (+1) 8

2 hours ago, Humpflung said:

The gun mechanics do look solid.  Some are redundant sure, but if there is one thing Halo 4/5 did right it was shots actually registered

Sad that the bar is this low.

• Like (+1) 9

1 hour ago, Warlord Wossman said:

The next gen consoles are a massive jump when it comes to the hardware, as I said if people buy this sort of console that has similar hardware to PC's that cost over 1000 dollars currently, why would they expect anything less than 120fps in a shooter at 1080p if the hardware is literally capable of delivering that.

When you buy and play a console, you are willingly accepting the fact you have absolutely zero control over what you play. If the devs say this game is only 30fps, you have zero options and can't even use the console YOU bought the way you want. The hardware a console has is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. The devs for each individual game control how you use the hardware. Furthermore, a vast majority of console users play on TVs that max at 60fps. If you think Microsoft and devs for each game are going to optimize a game for 120, an FPS very few console players will take advantage of, you are mistaken. The next gen console is targeting 4k @ 60fps. That is the console standard. Everyone that intends to buy a series X should be aware of this. Very few games will run at 120 fps. 

Furthermore, consoles will most likely have a base cost of $600, plus a yearly fee of $60. If you plan on playing a console for it's lifespan while paying for live, you are actually paying $600 + $300 of live over 5-6 years. So this console is more like a $900-$1000 console, which isn't really that far off from a PC with similar specs. Just buy a PC and have a 1000x more enjoyable gaming experience. 

Fucking lord.

Halo 2A (2014):

Halo-2-Anniversary-feature.jpg

Halo: Infinite (2020)

Halo 2A (2014)

haloce-capturadepantapis9e.png

Halo: Infinite (2020)

halo-infinite-screenshot-2.jpg

I'm out.

• Like (+1) 7

I mean it’s not completely 343s fault. The blm movement, and the COVID is what fucked them. We’d of gotten flightning for the game if it wasn’t for that. Be mice if they let us play a demo at least. 
now before anyone mentions “mcc” those are just ports man” 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Lmaoo I just realized why I thought this pic is so funny

EdoNAf9XsAQZHFA?format=jpg&name=large

“Oi m8 u gots a loicense for dat bruv?”

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Shekkles said:

Yes it is and it always has been.

My boy has completely lost faith :tear:

• Like (+1) 1

Edov3HrXkAcanNS?format=jpg&name=small

I'm crying  :laughing:. 343 has to have some Sony employees there sabotaging the game cause this is some next level trash. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • WutFace (+0) 3

3 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Yes it is and it always has been.

I know you’re from Australia so the blm movement may not look like big thing from someone from a different country but it’s made a big impact in this country for better or worse. I’m black and it has its affects on me and I know businesses have been affected by it. COVID also as we know has screwed many gaming companies as well. So I can’t blame 343 for this least not 100%

6 minutes ago, TonyDHFC said:

tenor.gif

They show support for the movement and maybe that halted things. You never know you know 

6 minutes ago, Stoppabl3 said:

Edov3HrXkAcanNS?format=jpg&name=small

I'm crying  :laughing:. 343 has to have some Sony employees there sabotaging the game cause this is some next level trash. 

DUDE...

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

I know you’re from Australia so the blm movement may not look like big thing from someone from a different country but it’s made a big impact in this country for better or worse. I’m black and it has its affects on me and I know businesses have been affected by it. COVID also as we know has screwed many gaming companies as well. So I can’t blame 343 for this least not 100%

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but neither of those things have been happening the way that they have for 5 years straight.

• Like (+1) 5

Why is the lighting in 343 games always so aggressively ugly? Why do my eyes hurt after playing a 343 Halo for more than like 45 minutes. 

5 minutes ago, HeX Reapers said:

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but neither of those things have been happening the way that they have for 5 years straight.

That is a good point. Frankly I can’t understand why a beta a month before release is out of the question, as usually those are for stress test and minor bug fixes. 

12 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Stop. The game has been in development for 5 years. All this covid shit started in february. This was the year for polish of the game

• Like (+1) 6

I think flightning for game updates is honestly stupid, but I know pubg does it but half the time it’s not like it releases flawlessly.  I mean the gameplay looks polished it’s just the textures that need work @Sosa Baby

8 hours ago, Joseph said:

I keep thinking about what Ryanoob is going to do with that grappling hook in a 49-49 situation back against the wall 

It's game five of WB semis in the first Halo Infinite LAN tournament. Score is 49-49. RyaNoob grapple hooks a fusion coil over to him. He calls for his teammate to drop the Reinhardt shield, which he boosts off of to gain enough height to clamber to the top of a wall. He jumps the fusion coil on Snip3down's head to win the game. "YOU'RE BAD!" he yells at the top of his lungs. He plays TOX in WB finals. His team wins game one but then loses four straight.

Fin.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 5

5 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

343 said the stuff we saw will be equipment which we easily can remove from comp. 

They didn't say if sprint was one of them. We at least saw the other ones get switched out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Just now, Jmacz said:

They didn't say if sprint was one of them. We at least saw the other ones get switched out.

Oh no that’s not equipment I’m positive. The hook and that shield is.