CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

I got $1000 on there not being a custom game browser at launch.

Actually.... I bet the game will be a complete mess at launch. I mean look at this shit. Looks hella unfinished. They seriously said this game is going to last 10 years??? Well... expect Forge mode to be added in 5 years.

I'm excited. Sprint, clamber, and slide so far? Grapple confirmed pickup in mp. Pretty good start, not what I want but I'll take it. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Hooked 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

8 minutes ago, Avenger said:

Actually.... I bet the game will be a complete mess at launch. I mean look at this shit. Looks hella unfinished. They seriously said this game is going to last 10 years??? Well... expect Forge mode to be added in 5 years.

Does any Halo have a custom games browser? genuine question. I also wouldn't count on a custom game browser on launch. 

11 minutes ago, Avenger said:

MCC won't even have a custom browser by the time Infinite launches.

1 minute ago, soFireFly said:

Does any Halo have a custom games browser? genuine question. I also wouldn't count on a custom game browser on launch. 

5 got one years after launch.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, soFireFly said:

i think he was referring to MCC's promised custom games browser they had announced a while ago and we are still waiting on it, they'll probably delay it for infinite too.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Banamy said:

I'm excited. Sprint, clamber, and slide so far? Grapple confirmed pickup in mp. Pretty good start, not what I want but I'll take it. 

hooray for positivity 

So. I'm sitting here after 5 hours of cool down to my initial anger. 

After going through the trailer with fine comb here's what I do like.

It does look like Halo. Does it look the best? No. But I am getting Halo 2/3 vibes from the art-style and I hope somebody comes out and confirms this demo build was just for demonstration purposes and will look NOTHING like what we got here. 

Second. The gun mechanics do look solid.  Some are redundant sure, but if there is one thing Halo 4/5 did right it was shots actually registered and felt crisp. Safe to say the only 343 brings to the table is solid gun mechanics so I can at least know the game, shit or not, it will feel good. 

Now. 

If the rumors are true that PVP is going to be nothing like this and have no sprint and a focus on a classic experience, I'm in. 

If not......oof. That is the only thing that will save this for me and maybe get me :hooked:ed

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Hooked 3

Just now, Humpflung said:

So. I'm sitting here after 5 hours of cool down to my initial anger. 

After going through the trailer with fine comb here's what I do like.

It does look like Halo. Does it look the best? No. But I am getting Halo 2/3 vibes from the art-style and I hope somebody comes out and confirms this demo build was just for demonstration purposes and will look NOTHING like what we got here. 

Second. The gun mechanics do look solid.  Some are redundant sure, but if there is one thing Halo 4/5 did right it was shots actually registered and felt crisp. Safe to say the only 343 brings to the table is solid gun mechanics so I can at least know the game, shit or not, it will feel good. 

Now. 

If the rumors are true that PVP is going to be nothing like this and have no sprint and a focus on a classic experience, I'm in. 

If not......oof. That is the only thing that will save this for me. 

Game comes out in 3 months man. That's the final build. This is the Showcase afterall so this is the best they got

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Just now, Avenger said:

Game comes out in 3 months man. That's the final build. This is the Showcase afterall so this is the best they got

Idk. It is a demo version. Maybe I'm just being hopeful but there is no way the final product looks like that. This cannot POSSIBLY be the final look of this game. There's no way.

The graphics are function over form. Thank god. I have absolutely zero optimism for the multiplayer, but at least I get to see my opponents on screen without being blinded by 343 trying to show off their uber graphics and annoying effects work. The amount of visual noise in Halo 5 could be nauseating. Infinite looks like it'll have proper visual feedback.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

All the people that go "well it's open world" or "no game has graphics like this 2018 trailer" - are you fucking kidding me?
It's 2020, just because shitty 2013 hardware in the xbox one is insanely outdated at this point doesn't mean games in general have been stuck to such low end specs, you can literally hardly build a custom PC these days that is as bad as the xbox one, maybe if you play on integrated graphics of your CPU it would be close.

Also somebody saying it's 60fps, what the fuck? 60fps should have been the standard since last gen consoles but some devs didn't bother optimizing enough so their games were 30fps or 45fps, and they even got away with it because people were locked into their console ecosystem to begin with.
The xbox series X has hardware that roughly compares to a 1080Ti or a 2070 super, GPUs that can easily run Call of Duty Modern Warfare (2019) on high graphics settings at 144fps 1080p, there is no reason to think just because Halo Sprintfinite is open world that half of the GPU performance on the series X just goes out of the fucking window.
Sure on 4K you assume 60fps but who plays shooters at 4K in 2020? Right, nobody.
Because high refreshrate gaming is the way to go for fps games, and if a project that had 5 years and apparently half a billion dollars of budget cannot even deliver that you can bet your ass that I wouldn't download it even if it was free to play!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Humpflung said:

Idk. It is a demo version. Maybe I'm just being hopeful but there is no way the final product looks like that. This cannot POSSIBLY be the final look of this game. There's no way.

I think you're underestimating the depths of 343s depravity lol. A demo usually just means a short playable segment of a final game after all. They could have put 'beta' or 'alpha' in the video but chose not to. Considering the high profile restructurings at 343 a few years ago and the rumours they had completely rebooted development on Infinite in 2018, coupled with their track record... this might just be the product of an incompetent company with 2 years of work time on a new engine.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

We haven't had a single Halo game that ran at a flawless 60fps at launch and when it finally happens people are upset that its not 120. 

• WutFace (+0) 1

1 minute ago, soFireFly said:

We haven't had a single Halo game that ran at a flawless 60fps at launch and when it finally happens people are upset that its not 120. 

Really it should be uncapped because nobody plays on consoles anymore and the new xbox shouldn't even be a thing along with all consoles

• Downvote (-1) 1

Just now, Humpflung said:

Really it should be uncapped because nobody plays on consoles anymore and the new xbox shouldn't even be a thing along with all consoles

i mean true but that's not the world we live in. If Infinite gets a PC port though there's absolutely 0 reason for me to own an xbox. 

6 minutes ago, Botheredhat360 said:

i don't think anyone ever gave a rats arse about 4K in the first place

120fps was the only thing I was interested in

This is the game meant to sell Microsoft's new minifridge.

• Like (+1) 5

33 minutes ago, HaloFinite said:

It's so off it reminds me of the completely scripted/on rails preview of Halo 2 that they showed a year before release. Except that was Bungie, and they had a year to fix it, and it also was still an exciting preview, if faked. This is apparently 5 months away. I think this game might actually go down as one of the biggest AAA disasters in gaming history if all the signs are pointing where they're pointing.

I don’t see anything ever topping the MCC disaster. But half a billion dollar budget five years into development and this is what they have to show for it? Goddammit, 343 might just outdo themselves! 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thonking (+0) 1

Just now, darkstar said:

I don’t see anything ever topping the MCC disaster. But half a billion dollar budget five years into development and this is what they have to show for it? Goddammit, 343 might just outdo themselves! 

I'm still not over MCC lol