CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

i need one of y'all to buy this game and sell it back to gamestop so i can buy it used. I'm hype for it but swore to myself that i'd never buy another 343 game directly from them again after MCC. 

• WutFace (+0) 1

Just now, soFireFly said:

i need one of y'all to buy this game and sell it back to gamestop so i can buy it used. I'm hype for it but swore to myself that i'd never buy another 343 game directly from them again after MCC. 

I offer myself as tribute.

• Like (+1) 1

Please stop acting like bloom is like reach style. Go back to the gameplay and the guns were perfectly accurate and no pacing required. 
I haven’t seen clamber so stop writing it as if it’s set in stone. 

Looking at the Infinite Reveal trailer again, and god, it looks lightyears better than what we have got today.

1 minute ago, Reamis25 said:

Go watch the demo again.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Reamis25 said:

Please stop acting like bloom is like reach style. Go back to the gameplay and the guns were perfectly accurate and no pacing required. 

Clamber is there, look again.

Never mind I just noticed clamber I take it back, still it doesn’t look like it’s necessary because the jump height is high 

19 minutes ago, Stoppabl3 said:

https://sea.ign.com/halo-infinite/147844/news/rumor-mill-halo-infinite-costs-more-than-500-million-to-develop

If you have this high of a budget you just at least look like your contemporaries at least.  

I agree with you on this. That's a HUGE budget and Halo Infinite looking like it does is almost inexcusable. But you also need the talent to make games look like Cyberpunk 2077, RDR2, and TLOU2. And even with a big budget and huge number of employees at 343, we already know they can't hold a candle to those developers. 

Should Halo Infinite fail, I expect MS to do a pretty big restructuring of 343. Starting with replacing everybody at the top. But like I said, we need to see more and actually play it ourselves. Fingers are crossed, and expectations are set very low. 

Am I crazy or am I not seeing hit markers on grenades, just shots. Watched a few clips back a few times and don't notice anything.

1 minute ago, Jmacz said:

Am I crazy or am I not seeing hit markers on grenades, just shots. Watched a few clips back a few times and don't notice anything.

There were hit markers for sticks, but I didn't see grenade hit markers on the explosion.

1 minute ago, Jmacz said:

Yeah I noticed that too but it’s hard to know. When Grenada’s were thrown he immediately starts firing so we can’t know for sure 

17 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

God I hate how uninspired everything looks 

Perfect description, you can tell the people designing this either have no love for the material or they're just completely burnt out. Everything about it is a straight C grade.

• Like (+1) 7

So when He stick the brute he got a marker but not one when it officially killed him. That wasn’t the case in h5 or 4 or 2a

So, one of my Discord friends is an outsider to the franchise just said the game doesn't look fun to him. Off to a strong start. 

1 minute ago, Botheredhat360 said:

Do you cunts defending this seriously think those minecraft ass looking mountains are gonna change between now and December?

Did you cunts also believe that in-game engine footage you saw from 2018 was real lmaooooooooo

there are 0 GAMES that will look like that

This is gonna turn out to be crackdown 3 and I can't wait to see you cunts that defend this bullshit gobble it all up.

Well excuse us for hoping this turns out for the better jerk 

Just now, DoxGhost said:

So, one of my Discord friends is an outsider to the franchise just said the game doesn't look fun to him. Off to a strong start. 

Oh fuck Lmao

Just now, Reamis25 said:

Well excuse us for hoping this turns out for the better jerk 

Lmao where have you been for 8 years, do you want to get your hopes up for 0 reason?

Just now, Botheredhat360 said:

Lmao where have you been for 8 years, do you want to get your hopes up for 0 reason?

Yes, because tbh to me it doesn’t look bad. 

7 minutes ago, Jmacz said:

I've seen some debatable clips, I think I only "for sure" see it once though. If the video doesn't timestamp correctly, jump to 6:17 in the video. You'll see a plasma grenade thrown at a brute that gets stuck to it. He then turns and fires a shotgun blast at another brute. I would pause it before the shotgun blast goes off, then use "." to advance it frame by frame, a few frames after the first shotgun blast hits new hit markers form with a red X indicating a kill. I assume that second set of hitmarkers is the plasma grenade going off and killing the original brute.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m an optimistic person and right now I’m in a confused state. I don’t hate what I’ve seen but I don’t like it completely either. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think one of the most concerning things about this which nobody is mentioning is how damn EMPTY the game looks. This is what they show us after 5 years of development? Normally you save some of the coolest set piece missions for a reveal. What happens in this? Chief moves around some incredibly empty looking forge environments shooting a handful of enemies.

It would be like if they showcased RDR2 by just showing Arthur strolling around the swamp shooting gators, except the swamp areas in RDR2 are still a million times more visually beautiful and vividly alive.

At this point I would be shocked if the game even releases this year. 

• Like (+1) 6

6 minutes ago, Botheredhat360 said:

Do you defending this seriously think those minecraft ass looking mountains are gonna change between now and December?

Did you also believe that in-game engine footage you saw from 2018 was real lmaooooooooo

there are 0 GAMES that will look like that

This is gonna turn out to be crackdown 3 and I can't wait to see you gobble it all up.

I dont really think that 2018 footage is so unreal, its just the new stuff is so bad.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, HaloFinite said:

I think one of the most concerning things about this which nobody is mentioning is how damn EMPTY the game looks. This is what they show us after 5 years of development? Normally you save some of the coolest set piece missions for a reveal. What happens in this? Chief moves around some incredibly empty looking forge environments shooting a handful of enemies.

It would be like if they showcased RDR2 by just showing Arthur strolling around the swamp shooting gators, except the swamp areas in RDR2 are still a million times more visually beautiful and vividly alive.

At this point I would be shocked if the game even releases this year. 

It's so empty there's nothing to hide the pop-ins from the background. You're right it is really empty.

Just now, Botheredhat360 said:

It's so empty there's nothing to hide the pop-ins from the background. You're right it is really empty.

It's so off it reminds me of the completely scripted/on rails preview of Halo 2 that they showed a year before release. Except that was Bungie, and they had a year to fix it, and it also was still an exciting preview, if faked. This is apparently 5 months away. I think this game might actually go down as one of the biggest AAA disasters in gaming history if all the signs are pointing where they're pointing.

• Upvote (+1) 1