Jump to content
CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Banamy said:

So my xbox one s can barely run mcc on splitscreen but you expect it to run infinite on split screen

You don't know how these things work. Anything can run if you put the effort into optimization. 

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, RVG E Nomini said:

xbox one can barely run the mcc main menu

Exactly. Like it sucks infinite doesn't look as good as I want. But this site preaches gameplay, gameplay, gameplay. Now its graphics, graphics, graphics.

 

What's more important? 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, MultiLockOn said:

You don't know how these things work. Anything can run if you put the effort into optimization. 

I'm familiar, thanks. So what if they couldn't hit consistent frame rates and had to scale back graphics. I'm fine with a more simplistic style, hbu? 

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Banamy said:

So my xbox one s can barely run mcc on splitscreen but you expect it to run infinite on split screen

If only there was a common denominator there, like both games being made by a completely incompetent company... oh wait!

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, HaloFinite said:

If only there was a common denominator there, like both games being made by a completely incompetent company... oh wait!

Cod runs pretty bad too. Can't wait for series x lol

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, SpitFlame said:

For everyone excusing Halo Infinite’s graphics because it’s open world.

Cyberpunk 2077 is open world, runs on Xbox One, has WAY more detail and content to render than Halo, will hit 60 FPS at least on the newer consoles, and it looks like this:

3692530-50041804818_944691f940_4k.jpg

3692531-image_cyberpunk_2077-42303-2618_

3692519-cautiousbewitchedbarracuda-size_

60fps on new consoles should be default. Can't wait for cyberpunk, looks incredible. 

Share this post


Link to post

I'm trying to remain optimistic for the MP but.... idk. Yesterday I was pumped and playing MCC. Today, I guess its back to waiting for new CoD, Cyberpunk, and occasionally reliving the glory days of the 2000's... 

Maybe Esports Engine and cross play with PC can save this game with a vibrant esports ecosystem. Maybe. But the MP needs to deliver first. 

:prayers:

Share this post


Link to post

What 343 should now do (and do it fairly quickly), is to make their own (long) stream, without all the prescripted speeches, gestures and smiling faces, only with people that have clue what they are talking about, and explain all the features, mechanics, muliplayer, ecosystem, roadmap, so we may actually see the potentionaly good things than can come out of this.

  • Like (+1) 5

Share this post


Link to post

Tweaked settings and sandbox elements with Forge maps isn't going to fix how weird all these universal assets look. Really hoping the leaks are true and we can change the game into something fun.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, SpitFlame said:

For everyone excusing Halo Infinite’s graphics because it’s open world.

Cyberpunk 2077 is open world, runs on Xbox One, has WAY more detail and content to render than Halo, will hit 60 FPS at least on the newer consoles, and it looks like this:

3692530-50041804818_944691f940_4k.jpg

3692531-image_cyberpunk_2077-42303-2618_

3692519-cautiousbewitchedbarracuda-size_

58atezxm1nc51.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

 

Meanwhile...

  • Like (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 2

Share this post


Link to post

nrLxBRO3Npmbc_qGog_zviiFtc_IyW4qGR1Mnr43

So, the gameplay trailer (right) is running on a different build than the 8 min trailer (left). 

  • Thonking (+0) 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, DoxGhost said:

nrLxBRO3Npmbc_qGog_zviiFtc_IyW4qGR1Mnr43

So, the gameplay reveal trailer (right) is running on a different build than the 8 min trailer (left). 

Nerf N-Strike Maverick REV-6 Blaster - Walmart.com - Walmart.com

  • Like (+1) 8
  • Toxic (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

I've been dumping on Halo Infinite since the gameplay reveal but in all honesty - I just think a lot of us are coming off of Red Dead Redemption 2 and just recently The Last of Us Part 2 and we have these high expectations that ALL big-budget, triple-A titles should look like that. Even though it should be noted that Rockstar Games and Naughty Dog have a huge history of running their employees into the ground with terrible work hours and high turnover rates. 

I might be talking out my ass on this one, but it looks to me like Halo Infinite has gone through some development hell. New engine, new creative director (Tim Longo left in 2019), etc. Infinite has a lot going for it. Open world, 60FPS, day-night cycle, cross gen. So some compromises will obviously be made to tailor to those aspects.

With that said, the Halo community has been restless. We've been DYING for anything to quench our Halo thirst and 343 has somewhat let us down. Visually, at least. We need to see more. If the gameplay holds up at launch, then I'll be willing to let these graphics slide. We'll see. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, DoxGhost said:

nrLxBRO3Npmbc_qGog_zviiFtc_IyW4qGR1Mnr43

So, the gameplay trailer (right) is running on a different build than the 8 min trailer (left). 

Cant say which looks worse.

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post

I don't see a future for this game.

Infinite, like it's predecessor, just looks (and likely plays) like a shitty imitation of an actual Halo game, it's got the graphical fidelity of a 2014 F2P game, the sandbox has been bastardized, the movement has been bastardized yet again, the equipment looks like cheap and unbalanced dogshit, and the campaign is completely unimpressive. Enemy AI were literally brain damaged, and an open world means nothing other than shitty encounter design and attention to detail in campaign. 

If the multiplayer reveal is as much of a train wreck, it honestly is just back to MCC for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, SkaSide said:

I've been dumping on Halo Infinite since the gameplay reveal but in all honesty - I just think a lot of us are coming off of Red Dead Redemption 2 and just recently The Last of Us Part 2 and we have these high expectations that ALL big-budget, triple-A titles should look like that. Even though it should be noted that Rockstar Games and Naughty Dog have a huge history of running their employees into the ground with terrible work hours and high turnover rates. 

I might be talking out my ass on this one, but it looks to me like Halo Infinite has gone through some development hell. New engine, new creative director (Tim Longo left in 2019), etc. Infinite has a lot going for it. Open world, 60FPS, day-night cycle, cross gen. So some compromises will obviously be made to tailor to those aspects.

With that said, the Halo community has been restless. We've been DYING for anything to quench our Halo thirst and 343 has somewhat let us down. Visually, at least. We need to see more. If the gameplay holds up at launch, then I'll be willing to let these graphics slide. We'll see. 

 

https://sea.ign.com/halo-infinite/147844/news/rumor-mill-halo-infinite-costs-more-than-500-million-to-develop

If you have this high of a budget you have to look like your contemporaries at least.  

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Hemlax said:

Cant say which looks worse.

I was on gonna say the left, but I just noticed Chief's hand texture. :wutface:

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, _Synapse said:

I don't see a future for this game.

Infinite, like it's predecessor, just looks (and likely plays) like a shitty imitation of an actual Halo game, it's got the graphical fidelity of a 2014 F2P game, the sandbox has been bastardized, the movement has been bastardized yet again, the equipment looks like cheap and unbalanced dogshit, and the campaign is completely unimpressive. Enemy AI were literally brain damaged, and an open world means nothing other than shitty encounter design and attention to detail in campaign. 

If the multiplayer reveal is as much of a train wreck, it honestly is just back to MCC for me. 

I literally have zero idea how this becomes your solidified opinion after eight minutes of video. 

  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy.