CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

13 minutes ago, Stoppabl3 said:

There is absolutely no way this game cost half a billion to make. The dev team has to be grossly overpaid for this to make sense. Say what you want about the gameplay but this is objectively the worst looking AAA game I've seen for the generation. There is something seriously fishy going on. You can't have this much time, this high of a budget, and this powerful of hardware to have crap like this. 

EdoNAf9XsAQZHFA?format=jpg&name=large

I mean, lets at least be honest with the screenshots and not use 480p youtube while there is a depth of field effect happening.1u2eu1H.png

There are enough legit graphics things to gripe about, we don't really need to embellish lol. Plus its the least important thing to me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The fact we’re getting MP gameplay months later tells me flighting will only do simple bug fixes 

3 minutes ago, timeforkoalas said:

I'm not all rosy and optimistic after the demo, but...

• strafing looked responsive and quick
  • jump height looked good and was also quick (as opposed to floaty H3 jumps or short vanilla Reach jumps)
  • sprint didn't seem that drastic of a speed difference
  • sliding was short and quick, and you could fire out of the slide
  • traditional scopes seem to be back
  • descope is in

As someone who mostly liked H5, but would have preferred something closer to H5 mythic, I'm not going to immediately flush it down the toilet.

How sad is it that this is a bullet point now. Jesus Christ. We've fallen so far.

• Like (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

I mean, lets at least be honest with the screenshots and not use 480p youtube while there is a depth of field effect happening.1u2eu1H.png

There are enough legit graphics things to gripe about, we don't really need to embellish lol. Plus its the least important thing to me.

It still looks terrible though... have you seen modern AAA games? It looks like a cheap remaster of a 360 game. The lighting is terrible (and this is an issue demonstrated in every scene of the gameplay trailer). The bump mapping of his forehead looks abysmal. There's hardly any texture or detail to his skin. If anything the improved quality highlights the issues even further.

• Like (+1) 3

Looking at the gameplay again and reading reactions on different  webs. It almost feels like people didn't want another Halo game, they wanted something brand new. Because at its core (aside fro sprint, hook etc) Infinite still looks like Halo back in 2000. If it didn't have sprint or hook, reactions would be mostly the same (maybe here a bit better right).

Problem is all the hype about Slipspace, budget, long development time and the fact that it doesn't show a bit. Here is where 343 dropped the ball big time in the eyes of majority.

For most ppl sprint is not something that breaks the formula, it's just "there" like in every other game. Graphics, first moment's in game, first impressions, trailers, that's what sets the expectations and potential sales, and this count twice when new gen is about to drop. Nobody cares that this is cross gen.

Also, after those big failures that everyone can see (MCC launch, missing split screen etc), it's even tougher. Literally, 343 lives only out of what Bungie left behind. Nobody mentions H4 or H5. It's like they never happened. Like they don't exist. It's always the glory days. The memories. The trilogy. 343 is just a twisted mirror of the past.

They never settled themselves apart. Never brought their own stamp. Never brought feature that would move things forward like forge, theatre, firefight. It was always bringing back things that were either missing or broken.  Always just adding and mixing in things that market deemed necessary. There is no vision, just a factory trying to release product that will please the masses. And yet, the one thing where they could have succeeded, releasing a shiny new game on the "most powerful console on the planet", they failed miserably. 

Something is messed up big time at 343.

Also don't mind me, just trying to get my thoughts straight.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

The fact we’re getting MP gameplay months later tells me flighting will only do simple bug fixes 

Where did you see months later? The game is coming likely in early November with the xbox series x. That is 4 months total till the game is out. Have to imagine we see SOMETHING about the multiplayer sooner rather than later.

2 minutes ago, infraction said:

Where did you see months later? The game is coming likely in early November with the xbox series x. That is 4 months total till the game is out. Have to imagine we see SOMETHING about the multiplayer sooner rather than later.

Well they said they’d show MP months later on the stream so 

12 minutes ago, timeforkoalas said:

I'm not all rosy and optimistic after the demo, but...

• strafing looked responsive and quick
  • jump height looked good and was also quick (as opposed to floaty H3 jumps or short vanilla Reach jumps)
  • sprint didn't seem that drastic of a speed difference
  • sliding was short and quick, and you could fire out of the slide
  • traditional scopes seem to be back
  • descope is in

As someone who mostly liked H5, but would have preferred something closer to H5 mythic, I'm not going to immediately flush it down the toilet.

The fact sprint got even more nerfed is a huge plus for me. Classic Halo is still king, but I'm not gonna flush it down the toilet like you. But like I said earlier, if it only gives the player a slight boost in speed, then what's the point in having it besides "muh immersion"? 

6 minutes ago, Hemlax said:

Looking at the gameplay again and reading reactions on different  webs. It almost feels like people didn't want another Halo game, they wanted something brand new. Because at its core (aside fro sprint, hook etc) Infinite still looks like Halo back in 2000. If it didn't have sprint or hook, reactions would be mostly the same (maybe here a bit better right).

Problem is all the hype about Slipspace, budget, long development time and the fact that it doesn't show a bit. Here is where 343 dropped the ball big time in the eyes of majority.

For most ppl sprint is not something that breaks the formula, it's just "there" like in every other game. Graphics, first moment's in game, first impressions, trailers, that's what sets the expectations and potential sales, and this count twice when new gen is about to drop. Nobody cares that this is cross gen.

Also, after those big failures that everyone can see (MCC launch, missing split screen etc), it's even tougher. Literally, 343 lives only out from Bungie left behind. Nobody mentions H4 or H5. It's like they never happened. Like they don't exist. It's always the glory days. The memories. The trilogy. 343 it's just a twisted mirror of the past.

They never settled themselves apart. Never brought their own stamp. Never brought feature that would move things forward like forge, theatre, firefight. It was always bringing back things that were either missing or broken.  Always just adding and mixing in things that market deemed necessary. There is no vision, just a factory trying to release product that will please the masses. And yet, the one thing where they could have succeeded, releasing a shiny new game on the "most powerful console on the planet", they failed miserably. 

Something is messed up big time at 343.

Also don't mind me, just trying to get my thoughts straight.

Remove sprint and a grapple and you still have redundant and boring weapons (so far), clamber, slide, and bloom. I don't think "at its core" it's anything like classic Halo

And we're fooling oursleves if we think this won't all be in multiplayer

• Upvote (+1) 3

People out here expecting a 60fps, open world, split screen compatible, crossgen title to have jaw dropping visuals. Hahaha 🙄

• Downvote (-1) 6
  • Salt (-1) 1

7 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

z0zYuowOCS2Uwff4dMqBrpyhWP3NNVumf4bY9kOj

^ game is 7 years old. 343 is a joke. 

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Banamy said:

People out here expecting a 60fps, open world, split screen compatible, crossgen title to have jaw dropping visuals. Hahaha 🙄

I mean, I expected it to not be on the Mega Bloks graphics setting.

3 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Well they said they’d show MP months later on the stream so 

They said "over the next few months" meaning probably multiple times. Could start tomorrow for all we know.

1 minute ago, Banamy said:

Please, don't list off split screen as some sort of amazing technical advancement when the game launched with it 19 years ago.

Oh, and there's plenty of open world game that look great, some years old by now

• Like (+1) 8

1 minute ago, Xandrith said:

Remove sprint and a grapple and you still have redundant and boring weapons (so far), clamber, slide, and bloom. I don't think "at it's core" it's anything like classic Halo

And we're fooling oursleves if we think this won't all be in multiplayer

I get you. What I am saying is, if you show the reveal to someone, for whom Halo is just another game, he will say it looks still the same.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Banamy said:

You could just say you don't understand how graphics work lol

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, HaloFinite said:

You could just say you don't understand how graphics work lol

So my xbox one s can barely run mcc on splitscreen but you expect it to run infinite on split screen

5 minutes ago, SpitFlame said:

So then why include it?

I agree, I'd rather it not be there, but a less drastic sprint and no sprint + thrust + slide means the maps won't be affected as much, which improves on H5. I do think there needs to be some interesting movement mechanics beyond run, jump, and crouch. I don't want H5 abilities and I'd rather base movement speed just be increased rather than have sprint, but I don't think a nerfed sprint is the end of the franchise.

2 minutes ago, Stoppabl3 said:

z0zYuowOCS2Uwff4dMqBrpyhWP3NNVumf4bY9kOj

^ game is 7 years old. 343 is a joke. 

11 minutes ago, HaloFinite said:

It still looks terrible though... have you seen modern AAA games? It looks like a cheap remaster of a 360 game. The lighting is terrible (and this is an issue demonstrated in every scene of the gameplay trailer). The bump mapping of his forehead looks abysmal. There's hardly any texture or detail to his skin. If anything the improved quality highlights the issues even further.

C'mon now.... I think my point was perfectly clear.  You undercut your own argument when you essentially doctor something to look far worse than it really did.

Plenty of things to complain about.  Clipping in the facial animation, uneven lighting, clear loss of texture at distance and everything basically looking like it has a thin coating of cooking spray on it.  The graphics aren't amazeballs but they're good enough not to ruin gameplay.

6 minutes ago, Xandrith said:

Please, don't list off split screen as some sort of amazing technical advancement when the game launched with it 19 years ago.

Oh, and there's plenty of open world game that look great, some years old by now

How many open world games are 60fps on xbox one? A weak ass gpu that was weak in 2013, a god awful cpu, slow ass ram. Of course a 30fps open world game will look better than 60 fps open world. Split screen isn't but you're still rendering another screen. 

5 minutes ago, Banamy said:

So my xbox one s can barely run mcc on splitscreen but you expect it to run infinite on split screen

xbox one can barely run the mcc main menu

• Like (+1) 3