CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Something I noticed in a thread in r/halo from this article: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/campaign-evolved.

"FLIGHT PLAN

When we first revealed Halo Infinite back in 2018, I spoke of our ambitions to kick off an early flighting program to bring the community along on our development journey. The Halo Insider program and public flights have been instrumental in bringing the titles in Halo: The Master Chief Collection to PC, providing critical feedback and input to help shape the best possible experience. With Halo Infinite, we are also committed to building the game in partnership with our community but given the unprecedented challenges of this year, we’re not quite where we expected to be in terms of broader public flighting.

While not the full program we had envisioned, we have been working very closely with the community on nearly every facet of the project. From the earliest planning where we focused on broad feedback around art style and story to actual hands-on playtesting and focus feedback with confidential groups of community representatives over the past two years, Halo Infinite is being created in partnership with the community. The team is still working and assessing options for broader hands-on opportunities before launch and we'll share an update when we can, but this process doesn’t stop with launch. In fact, in many ways, feedback and community flighting will be even more important after launch as we partner together to continually evolve and update the game into the future."

The phrase "In fact, in many ways, feedback and community flighting will be even more important after launch as we partner together to continually evolve and update the game into the future" kinda irks me and is giving me Halo 5 launch flashbacks. If content is gonna be missing, then just delay the game.

1 minute ago, Apoll0 said:

+ I THINK the bloom is a firing indicator, not Reach-style RNG

This is the real dealbreaker for me. If it's Reach-style bloom then I'll wait a year for the TU to fix it before I buy it. 

• Fire (+1) 1

Aahahhahahha delay this game into 2021 and see how much more content will be missing.

I want to give these guys to find 0 excuses and then make a shit game. 

343 was a mistake.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Apoll0 said:

The only thing giving me an iota of hope was the shield took the place of the grapple when it was picked up, meaning its in an equipment slot?  If in multiplayer its treated like any other piece of equipment as a pickup it could be totally fine.  Knowing 343 though... in the name of "continuity" it will probably be omnipresent in multiplayer. If it is... with how often and how far that thing goes, multiplayer will be a total shitshow.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/campaign-evolved

"And yes, these new additions to the sandbox will also carry over to multiplayer, however they'll function a bit differently as equipment items that can be picked up on map."

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

the shield took the place of the grapple when it was picked up, meaning its in an equipment slot?

Grapple could be the base ability that gets over ridden when a new piece of equipment is picked up.  Or you can hold multiple pieces of equipment and it automatically switches to the newest one on pick up but you can switch back.  

While not the full program we had envisioned, we have been working very closely with the community on nearly every facet of the project. From the earliest planning where we focused on broad feedback around art style and story to actual hands-on playtesting and focus feedback with confidential groups of community representatives over the past two years, Halo Infinite is being created in partnership with the community. The team is still working and assessing options for broader hands-on opportunities before launch and we'll share an update when we can, but this process doesn’t stop with launch. In fact, in many ways, feedback and community flighting will be even more important after launch as we partner together to continually evolve and update the game into the future.

What a bunch of fucking horseshit. It's been five years of radio silence and pre-rendered "game engine" teasers and now they are way too late to reveal the game, and thus the flights will be meaningless stress tests. Where the FUCK was the community involved in any of this?

Also we all know "after launch" means they cut corners at every possible place again and they're going to launch with a barebones PoS game. Remember guys, Reach PC audio will be flighted "shortly after launch" (8 months later it remains unchanged).

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, RVG E Nomini said:

When I saw those mountains for the first time today I thought chief was gonna start his mission by punching a tree.

ahahahhahaha 

begin to craft his grapple hook

11 minutes ago, timeforkoalas said:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/campaign-evolved

"And yes, these new additions to the sandbox will also carry over to multiplayer, however they'll function a bit differently as equipment items that can be picked up on map."

NICE. This is actually huge. This single thing, if done properly and they don't have this shit just scattered everywhere willy nilly, could make or break multiplayer.

2 minutes ago, Stoppabl3 said:

There is absolutely no way this game cost half a billion to make. The dev team has to be grossly overpaid for this to make sense. Say what you want about the gameplay but this is objectively the worst looking AAA game I've seen for the generation. There is something seriously fishy going on. You can't have this much time, this high of a budget, and this powerful of hardware to have crap like this. 

EdoNAf9XsAQZHFA?format=jpg&name=large

compared to 

Tartarus

• Simms (+1) 4
  • Fire (+1) 3
  • Toxic (+1) 1

I think the unholy trinity of sprint/clamber/slide are not equipment tho, and 2 out of those 3 make maps unplayable without them, so who cares if you need to pick up grapple or not. It feels like some people just search for anything to be happy about.
I know we have not seen the multiplayer stuff yet, I am not calling the game trash just yet btw, just saying there is nothing exciting here and it looks like Halo 5.1 so far, 5 years later and still the same issues.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Destroyaaa said:

I see no reason to get an Xbox Series X at this point if these are what the graphics are gonna look like. I'll get it on xbox one and think about moving to PS5 next gen.

Get a PC ffs

• Like (+1) 1

I’m worried but at the same time I’m not. 343 isn’t known for bloom. The bloom is most likely visual than RNG based and from what I could tell that’s the case 

19 minutes ago, Stoppabl3 said:

There is absolutely no way this game cost half a billion to make. The dev team has to be grossly overpaid for this to make sense. Say what you want about the gameplay but this is objectively the worst looking AAA game I've seen for the generation. There is something seriously fishy going on. You can't have this much time, this high of a budget, and this powerful of hardware to have crap like this. 

EdoNAf9XsAQZHFA?format=jpg&name=large

You are absolutely right. Someone needs to look into the finances of 343 because they certainly didn't spend that cash on development.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm not all rosy and optimistic after the demo, but...

• strafing looked responsive and quick
  • jump height looked good and was also quick (as opposed to floaty H3 jumps or short vanilla Reach jumps)
  • sprint didn't seem that drastic of a speed difference
  • sliding was short and quick, and you could fire out of the slide
  • traditional scopes seem to be back
  • descope is in

As someone who mostly liked H5, but would have preferred something closer to H5 mythic, I'm not going to immediately flush it down the toilet.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thonking (+0) 1
  • Hooked 1