CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

1 minute ago, DoxGhost said:

If sprint only makes you 1% (or whatever the actual number is) faster than base movement, then what's the point in even using it? The reveal today just made it seem like the game would play just fine without it.

My hope is that sprint and grapple are just the two most generic items for equipment slot 1 and equipment slot 2.  Hopefully there will be other abilities that can be swapped in, or disabled entirely.  

1 minute ago, Boyo said:

My hope is that sprint and grapple are just the two most generic items for equipment slot 1 and equipment slot 2.  Hopefully there will be other abilities that can be swapped in, or disabled entirely.  

That will be great for us, granted. But, the decision would seem to reek of compromising™ and please no one if the maps are still stretched and larger.

49 minutes ago, Botheredhat360 said:

10 years of saying go back to the original formula

343 adds grappling hook.

FYI: We also added the grappling hook as an emote & reaction on the forum.

You can now immerse yourself in and out of the game by getting others 'hooked' on your posts. Or use the hook as a reaction when someone is 'reaching for new heights'. 

Hope this helps.

Enjoy. :hooked:

• Hooked 23

6 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

LMAO

What weapon across all Halos would you say has a decent time to kill. Not excellent TTK, not good TTK, but decent TTK? 

Blocky graphics and a grappling hook but no murder miners references?  Disappoint.  

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Hooked 1

I'd wager half of the art team just has no idea what Halo looks like, while the other half does, but their light protests are never heard

This was a beauty shot in someone's eyes. I'd laugh if I weren't sincerely terrified.

nBaJS5K.png

• Like (+1) 4

So where should the Grappleshots spawn on the Guardian remake? Back Green or maybe under Barrels? :simms:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Hooked 3
  • WutFace (+0) 1

7 minutes ago, soFireFly said:

What weapon across all Halos would you say has a decent time to kill. Not excellent TTK, not good TTK, but decent TTK? 

That's not really a meaningful question, because "ideal" TTK is inextricably linked with other facets of gameplay, namely aim assists and strafe/movement speeds. In my opinion, an ideal TTK would be somewhere close to 0.5 seconds, but that would also require lower aim assist and much better base movement. 

:fire::wutface: help my building is on fire

:hooked::ace:don’t worry I’m coming!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 5

1 hour ago, BigShow36 said:

My dude...Fable. 

I mean, no gameplay. We already knew it was happening. So I wouldn't call that "impressive". Plus it's probably REALLY far off. 2022 at the earliest. I'm getting it 100% though.

Just now, Infinity said:

So where should the Grappleshots spawn on the Guardian remake? Back Green or maybe under Barrels? :simms:

My question is how low on the map can you go before you can grapple back to safety, cuz i've been walking off guradian for 13 years now and ya boi needs this

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

I'm glad the Forerunners passed down their most legendary accomplishment: corrugated metal.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1

1 minute ago, soFireFly said:

My question is how low on the map can you go before you can grapple back to safety, cuz i've been walking off guradian for 13 years now and ya boi needs this

Lowered kill barriers for grapple shenanigans :thinking:

Just now, BigShow36 said:

That's not really a meaningful question, because TTK is inextricably linked with other facets of gameplay, namely aim assists and strafe/movement speeds. 

So would you say that the only reason H2A's TTK is considered bad is because of the elements surrounding the gun play and not the gun play itself? 

Like let's say all they did was up base movement speed in H2A, would that change make the TTK for H2A go from "bad" to "ok"? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Infinity said:

Guardian remake will have an extended Green with one spawned there for your Tarzan roleplaying needs.

Just now, Infinity said:

You joke but this is exactly why making these things innate abilities is so difficult, because you shift the entire map design philiosophy.  But, with multiple movement enhancing pick ups, each map can have its own unique, isolated ideology.  

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

Can’t wait for the Enemy team try and play the ball and I grapple it back into my hands to win the game 206-205

get shit on

Grifball is going to be so whack.

9 minutes ago, Infinity said:

Makes you think if it will be more efficient to throw the plasma battery from blue to snipe tower or from S3 into blue.

Just now, Warlord Wossman said:

Makes you think if it will be more efficient to throw the plasma battery from blue to snipe tower or from S3 into blue.

Won’t matter because I’ll drain them with my energy whip first.  

• Like (+1) 1

So after watching the thing at 1/4 speed....

The only thing giving me an iota of hope was the shield took the place of the grapple when it was picked up, meaning its in an equipment slot?  If in multiplayer its treated like any other piece of equipment as a pickup it could be totally fine.  Knowing 343 though... in the name of "continuity" it will probably be omnipresent in multiplayer. If it is... with how often and how far that thing goes, multiplayer will be a total shitshow.

+ AR Actually looks accurate

+ I THINK the bloom is a firing indicator, not Reach-style RNG

+ Rifles have no real recoil to speak of.  Other weapons look like they return to center before you can fire again.

+ At least for the only gun they actually scoped with, it was classic scope not dumb-scope.

+ Deployable shield solves the bubble shield stale mate problem from Halo 3. (can shoot through, and looks like you can take it down with damage)

+/ - - Sprint is relatively slow, but it still exists.

- Everything looks like it's coated in the plastic film that covers new refrigerators. This is the least of my concerns.

- - - - Grapple is a persistent ability.  If this holds in multiplayer.... MP will be a shitshow.

Update:

"And yes, these new additions to the sandbox will also carry over to multiplayer, however they'll function a bit differently as equipment items that can be picked up on map."

If that is done properly thats big.