CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

2 minutes ago, calberto said:

That side-rail and rail mounted scope look out of place.

I'm in no way trying to defend the graphics but I think colors/lighting and those hideous cliffs are to blame

If you cut out like 80% of the shot and just focus on the mountain directly in front of him, it looks okay.

18 minutes ago, theslatcher said:

If somebody could photoshop out the Halo in the distance, that'd be great. Think it's the sole reason why some people say it evoked CE memories in them.

bk8g7o6.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 1

As much as I would like to sit here and shit on Halo Infinite and 343, I'm going to at least say for the sake of the argument: As a person who loves RPGs, I'm at least somewhat interested in playing the Open World aspect of this game. Because again, we've seen almost nothing when it comes to the actual game itself. Is the open world strictly single player? Is it area/instance based like Destiny where you could see other players (that would actually be pretty lit to be honest if certain areas had challenges you had to accomplish and could work together to complete them). Co-op story mode? I think depending on the depth it's open world can be explored, that it could potentially be a lot more fun than what was led on to be. 

I'm trying to imagine a scenario where the story mode isn't like previous games where it's Point A > Point B > Point C > Game finished and you can do whatever you like while completing sub-quests for additional weapons, power-ups, vehicles, etc. I would just hope instead of the linear A > B > C style that every campaign the series has had, that they didn't decide to give the player the option of completing the objectives in C > A > B order, and still get the same result. Because that would be a slap in the face to "open world".

Obviously we've seen no MP so I'll hold my tongue for now.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, washedfrank said:

TSQAURED GRAPPLESHOTS UP TO SNIPE THREE GRABS THE FUSION COIL AND CHUCKS IT OVER TO MANGLER SPAWN TO PICK UP THE DOUBLE KILL AND DENY BLUE TEAM THE DROP WALL WHAT AN INSANE PLAY. 

T2 with rockets and sniper using grapple hook to get up to S3 only to throw a fusion coil is SUCH a T2 move 

• Fire (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BigShow36 said:

I'm sure the crowd of 10 viewers would go wild. 

I’ve unironically listened to police scanners with more viewers than the most recent HCS Championship stream

• Like (+1) 2

As long it's not like Gears 5 open world, it should be okay

Gears 5 open world being large vast amount of nothingness in between you tasks

I'm not sure it is possible to design more bland/boring looking UNSC weapons than what 343 has been able to accomplish. Almost impressively so. That may be the most generic looking pistol you can create. 

• Like (+1) 6

I dont get the "we need to see multiplayer before judging the game" sentiment. 

The game has get out of jail free abilities like sprint and Orissa's shield. 

We know everything we need to know about multiplayer. We need to either let this game die, or aggressively push 343 to use good settings for tournaments (no sprint, no abilities, etc...).

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

16 minutes ago, Arena1999 said:

You're joking, right? Halo 3's pacing is terrible because of those two equipment pick-ups.

No I'm not. Halo 3's campaign is fun as hell.

cover5.jpg

• Simms (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

We know everything we need to know about multiplayer. We need to either let this game die, or aggressively push 343 to use good settings for tournaments (no sprint, no abilities, etc...).

Let it die. Something better is coming ;)

• Hooked 1

1 minute ago, Aphex Twin said:
3 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

The campaign reveal should tell everyone what they need to know about the philosophy of the design team. That's not going to magically change for Multiplayer. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, Botheredhat360 said:

10 years of saying go back to the original formula

343 adds grappling hook.

I'm actually speechless.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Avenger said:

Did they seriously avoid scoping in the ENTIRE presentation??? They are hiding something.. These sneaks at 343 think they are slick :laughing:

It'll be a dlc feature.

I stand by the fact that grappling hook is going to bring an interesting and fun twist to the game like deployable grav lifts did. Even if it has no place in competitive imma be george of the jungle-ing EVERYWHERE

• Hooked 3

Down a few shots? Just grapple away! Not the like guns will be strong enough to stop you from escaping. 

2 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

Down a few shots? Just grapple away! Not the like guns will be strong enough to stop you from escaping. 

Did you see how fast that grapple was? If the precision weapon has a decent TTK, your hook won't even have a chance to connect to anything before you get dropped. 

1 minute ago, soFireFly said:

If the precision weapon has a decent TTK ...

TTKs above 1s are not decent.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, soFireFly said:

Did you see how fast that grapple was? If the precision weapon has a decent TTK, your hook won't even have a chance to connect to anything before you get dropped. 

Because that's a reasonable assumption given everything we've seen. 

• Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, soFireFly said:

That was my thought as well.  Traveled as fast as the H3 BR.  

5 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

TTKs above 1s are not decent.

H2A BR has a decent time to kill and it's above 1s

4 minutes ago, BigShow36 said:

Because that's a reasonable assumption given everything we've seen. 

We haven't seen much regarding time to kill with precision weapons, sure, but we have seen the speed in which you can grapple and shit's slow. If Infinite has any 4 shot weapon, I think you're going to win the fight if your opponent decides to grapple in the middle of a gunfight. But again, you're right, we haven't seen much, so I could be totally wrong. 

• Downvote (-1) 2

If sprint only makes you 1% (or whatever the actual number is) faster than base movement, then what's the point in even using it? The reveal today just made it seem like the game would play just fine without it.

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, soFireFly said:

H2A BR has a decent time to kill and it's above 1s

We haven't seen much regarding time to kill with precision weapons, sure, but we have seen the speed in which you can grapple and shit's slow. If Infinite has any 4 shot weapon, I think you're going to win the fight if your opponent decides to grapple in the middle of a gunfight. But again, you're right, we haven't seen much, so I could be totally wrong. 

Bro h2a has horrible kill times. You can just turn around at any point and walk away and you live unless you get team shot. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1