CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

To be fair, it could very well be an older build. Not giving them much benefit of the doubt, but given the state of the pandemic and them working from home, this build could just be their most stable so they recorded with that instead of the newer build. 

But that's just me being hopeful

• Like (+1) 2

So can anyone tell me what I'm getting with Halo Infinite that I can't find in another modern shooter that probably does it better? 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

You know what it looks like? It honestly looks like Halo 2.

Just the actual Halo 2.

halo-infinite-2020_ascension_demo_campai

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Twis7ed said:

Buy a PC. Next generation Consoles will be $500-600 plus monthly fees for live services. The average person will spend $800-900 on a console for its generations lifespan if they play online games.

A lot of rumors, including 12 month xbox live gold no longer able to be purchased, are that xbox live gold is going away. Or just use Microsoft rewards and get it for free anyway. 

2 minutes ago, PolyG said:

You know what it looks like? It honestly looks like Halo 2.

Just the actual Halo 2.

halo-infinite-2020_ascension_demo_campai

If somebody could photoshop out the Halo in the distance, that'd be great. Think it's the sole reason why some people say it evoked CE memories in them.

Just now, CyReN said:

Good, Locke was such a trash and waste of a character. 

Just a reminder of how great the Hunt the Truth campaign was and how it was completely irrelevant to Halo 5

• Like (+1) 1

Wasn't the budget for this game huge?  did I misread that somewhere 

1 minute ago, soFireFly said:

Just a reminder of how great the Hunt the Truth campaign was and how it was completely irrelevant to Halo 5

Who was in charge of that, anyway? Surely they outsourced it?

I'm just glad that these forums feel alive again. Missed you blokes.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Fire (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, soFireFly said:

grappling hook. I think that's dope on map pick up. 

The... grappling hook?

:mj:

• Simms (+1) 1

What's with all these companies trying to suck the dick of less detailed textures?

Like, does everyone wanna be simple and grey now? 

wtf happened to art?

Just now, Noodle said:

I'm just glad that these forums feel alive again. Missed you blokes.

With the controller aim assist in Halo Sprintfinite you won't miss anybody anymore, but sadly you won't find me in said game either.
I have sprinted off to more promising franchises.

• Like (+1) 1

So the brute guy said the “habringer and the banished” and now who or what is the habringer

Just now, Reamis25 said:

So the brute guy said the “habringer and the banished” and now who or what is the habringer

Probably Cortana. They likely didn't want to mention her by name as to avoid triggering people's Halo 5 PTSD.

2 minutes ago, TonyDHFC said:

The... grappling hook?

:mj:

What other new stuff did they show? I'm a MP only guy so while Open World is cool, it doesn't do anything for me. New weapons are interesting but I only care about BR/Magnum, I'm interested that sprint and other advanced movement seemed to be slowed down. To me, grappling hook got the same reaction from me as seeing jetpacks in Halo Reach for the first time. Don't get me wrong I ended up hating Jetpacks, but I really loved Bionic Commando back in the day and its grappling hook, so to finally see it in my fave franchise is exciting for me!

14 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

To be fair, it could very well be an older build. Not giving them much benefit of the doubt, but given the state of the pandemic and them working from home, this build could just be their most stable so they recorded with that instead of the newer build. 

But that's just me being hopeful

I would agree with this but this is the gameplay reveal for the series X. "ThE MoSt PoWeRfUL CoNsOlE" The first party games should be graphical showcases. What the hell was Microsoft thinking letting that through. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BigShow36 said:

Watching the drop wall or whatever getting deployed just reinforces the vast chasm between what I view as "Halo" and what 343 views as Halo. To me, combat in Halo, campaign or MP, was all about fluid movement and aggressive, strategic play. You always had to be pushing or moving or strafing in thoughtful, deliberate ways. The drop wall is the antithesis of all that. It essentially anchors you to a spot, but doesn't punish you for it. In fact, it encourages and rewards you for doing it. It's a massive hiccup in the flow of combat that flies in the face of everything Halo has going for it. 

The way I defended the inclusion of these defensive items was to reserve them for situations where one side is facing overwhelming force and these deployable barriers offers the smallest respite against the numerous foes.  Not for everyday use.