CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

3 minutes ago, soFireFly said:

Man i legit feel like I'm the only one out here who is even a little hype for this game. Or at least waiting to see MP before absolutely trashing on it. 

I'm definitely not in the camp of absolutely trashing it. It gives me the same feelings I got when I saw Bioshock 2. I'm sure it'll be solid, I'm sure there will be some fun to be had, but I don't feel in a rush to go and get it at this point. They have plenty of time to show off more and impress me though.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm just praying for no sprint multiplayer, I don't mind that the graphics are shit. 

• Like (+1) 1

I see no reason to get an Xbox Series X at this point if these are what the graphics are gonna look like. I'll get it on xbox one and think about moving to PS5 next gen.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, S0UL FLAME said:

Alright so I'm gonna make a Halo Infinite gametype on H5, who wants to laugh the pain away

That would mean having Halo 5 grace my console again, so no thanks.

To be fair, the campaign does look like it can be pretty fun on co-op. I like open world games. But unless the cosmic stars align, Jesus comes back, and they manage to improve the game before launch, I'm staying clear. The problem is that when you make your game open world it's invariably going to compete with other open world games, and if Cyberpunk is the competition then you're fucked.

1 minute ago, Hully said:

I'm waiting to see MP gameplay, but you have to understand a lot of us have been hanging around on the edges of this franchise hoping Infinite would be the revival Halo needs. So to see something so aggressively mediocre or downright disappointing is kind of a real kick in the teeth. 

I definitely understand that. I've been playing Halo 5 and MCC pretty much daily since they came out as well. I share a lot of similar sentiments with a lot of people here ,but I'm past the simple "sprint = bad" days of my viewpoint because I understand that there will never be a Halo title without sprint again other than the eventual Halo 3 anniversary. 

Just now, soFireFly said:

I definitely understand that. I've been playing Halo 5 and MCC pretty much daily since they came out as well. I share a lot of similar sentiments with a lot of people here ,but I'm past the simple "sprint = bad" days of my viewpoint because I understand that there will never be a Halo title without sprint again other than the eventual Halo 3 anniversary. 

Pls fuck no h3A, they'll ruin it.

5 minutes ago, TonyDHFC said:

What is it you are hype !bout exactly?

grappling hook. I think that's dope on map pick up. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Just now, soFireFly said:

grappling hook. I think that's dope on map pick up. 

Pro tip: check out Shadow Warrior 3.

4 minutes ago, bebopbandit said:

Looks like an H5 Forge map.

Forge in Campaign: confirmed

EDIT: Okay, that smaller viewmodel though? Looking at the positives here.

12 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

I don't hate it, but it's a pretty meh feeling. Still plan on playing it unless the MP looks god awful. 

I’m in the same boat. I don’t hate what I’ve seen but I’m not excited either. 

9 minutes ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

It levels the playing field between good and bad players. Sure, you might not be able to out BR Snipedown, but by dinking a grenade somewhere you managed to find him without even having to challenge him. You now know you can challenge him at least a shot up, if not more—again, without even having to risk challenging him on equal grounds.

Shot hit markers could definitely be described as a QOL improvement—sometimes it's tough to visualize how many shots (particularly with a burst-fire weapon) connected. But grenade hit markers absolutely are more than mere "QOL" improvements.

Yeah but it depensds on where I am on the map, right? 

Like let's say H3 Guardian, I'm bottom blue lift and they have a guy S2/S3 ramp. I throw a grenade and nade him, get the info that I got the hit. Now, i know that I can push. But that doesn't mean I'm safe to push. My only access point is the lift. I can still get team shot. My opponent hasn't lost the fight just because they're low shield and I know where they are. 

Same scenario, this time the Pit. I have no vision on Camo because they have 2 guys there and one has rockets. I throw a nade and get a hit marker, but that hit marker doesn't tell me there are 2 there. It just tells me I got a hit. I still need to be smart, it hasn't changed the whole game for me. 

At least that's how I see it. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

I want to believe what infinite showed was just the typical alpha build than current. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Reamis25 said:

I want to believe what infinite showed was just the typical alpha build than current. 

Don't do this to yourself...

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, -DeucEy- said:

Its not about the player's skill when using it, it's the information people get from using it. In previous games there was no way to if a person was around certain corners or just in general areas. This was a massive problem in Halo 5 specifically because the blast radius on the grenades were huge, even if they did very little damage -- On the edge of the blast radius in Halo 5 it barely ticked your shield, but they still receive the hitmarker. However, if you're playing at the highest level against players that are very solid and play very smart, it gets absolutely abused. 

In Halo 2 for example, let's say you're hiding on S1 on Lockout in that little cubby area, normally people will chuck some grenades in there to weaken anyone in there before walking in. Sometimes, depending on the situation, you can survive the grenades while still remaining low shields, but you can stay in cover hidden and if something were to get their attention to take it off of you while hiding in the cubby, its a chance you can get your shields back and get a flank as they walk past or team shot them if a teammate is shooting them. Because as far as he/she knows, no ones you're there. However, with grenade hitmarkers, you no longer have that stealth aspect to the game. You instantaneously know if there are people in an area and it didn't take any skill to retrieve the information you did.

For the simple fact that you spawn with grenades, they're all over the map via dead bodies, and they can be picked up off the map, you have plenty at your disposal to use. Not only that, but you can practically gauge how weak someone is by the grenade hitmarker as well, especially depending on where you throw it. Again, me for example, I'm aware enough to know where people hide when they're full shields vs when they're already weak. Depending on where I place a grenade, I'll know that if I hit you, you're more than likely half shields or lower; as an example.

Also, let's not pretend that people don't throw random grenades across the map to feel out areas. I've competed in this game for a decade and I still do it to this day (relatively speaking considering the fact that I don't actually play Halo anymore due to 343 but my point stands). If we were on pit and I just launched grenade to mauler off the back wall, I will IMMEDIATELY know if the other team spawned there. There's no more guessing involved, I can call it out to my teammates and my team can set up around the spawn area.

This goes so much deeper than people becoming suddenly gods because of hitmarkers, it has to do with situations that are no longer possible due to the information you receive, as a player, for throwing them. It affects both sides, the person throwing the grenade and the person being hit by it.

Thank you for an actually detailed response. I see the issues with using them to spawn check and large blast radius. And good point about the sneaking. You can't "barely" survive grenade fights anymore because they'll know you're still there and alive. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

E3 2018 vs. Campaign Reveal 2020...

rnn7hdskanc51.jpg?width=911&auto=webp&s=

This is not the best comparsion, but it looks terrible nevertheless. Look at the blocky mountains jesus. Artstyle my ass. I can paint a better sky in 5 minutes with 1 dollar watercolors.

15 minutes ago, Destroyaaa said:

I see no reason to get an Xbox Series X at this point if these are what the graphics are gonna look like. I'll get it on xbox one and think about moving to PS5 next gen.

Buy a PC. Next generation Consoles will be $500-600 plus monthly fees for live services. The average person will spend $800-900 on a console for its generations lifespan if they play online games.

27 minutes ago, Commander Eagle said:

https://www.windowscentral.com/halo-infinite-will-get-free-ray-tracing-update-after-launch

An update "sometime after launch"?? This is fucking Halo 5 all over again, except this time they took 5 years to release it instead of 3.

Benefit of the doubt, it's only for graphics on boxes that can support it. It's not a huge game changing feature. 

But if they say the same thing with forge, theater, Browser, Ranked on the other hand...