CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Everyone on Twitter seemingly loved the trailer, but people on Reddit, here, and Waypoint seem mostly disappointed. 

Sooo

• sprint is in, which sucks but it was to be expected, sadly. But it's quite amazing, one thing almost everybody, no matter if pro- or anti-sprint even on Waypoint and Reddt seemed to agree on was that HI needs to feel fast paced, which it really doesn't tbh...
  • the graphics are just weird, no details, no depth, colors seem way too oversaturated but washed out at the same time. This is supposed to be the Xbox Se.X's selling point?! No wonder 343/MS didn't show anything until now, they must be embarrassed
  • the weapon desing is rather boring and interchangeable. It could just as well be Destiny or some other random sci-fi shoter
  • what's up with those metal cliffs/column, seems extremely distracting, almost like minecraft
  • aaand it's Open World, I really struggle to believe that the game is fun
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Infinity said:

I wonder if Forerunner enemies and weapons will be brought forward?

I have had the IGN stream on in the background the last hour or so. They got to see the game a week or so ago and interview the Devs. They alluded to the fact that the story line for the previous 2 games will be "wrapped up" at a point early on in Infinite and that they want to tell a new story now. I don't think the Forunner enemies are guaranteed at all. I think unlikely in the form that they were in. 

Just now, Warlord Wossman said:

I guess to sum up some of my thoughts for today:
Halo Sprintfinite just looks like another generic shooter in the landscape of Destiny/Titanfall/Apex/Call of Duty/Overwatch/etc. 

Here's my issue - you just clumped 5 completely different games together as though they are generic copies of each other. Titanfall/Apex I buy, but to blindly pile Overwatch Destiny and CoD together is really silly imo. No offense. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2
  • Salt (-1) 1

1 minute ago, soFireFly said:

Why is this bad? You still have to be smart about your grenades.  Skill is still rewarded. 

Same reason radar is bad for competitive. They allow you to feel around corners and stop otherwise natural encounters from occuring.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Just now, soFireFly said:

Why is this bad? You still have to be smart about your grenades.  Skill is still rewarded. 

Grenades already reward skill by providing large bursts of AoE damage at range.

Player locations should be earned by line of sight alone, Grenade Hitmarkers ruin that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Just now, Infinity said:

Player locations should be earned by line of sight alone

Or callouts.  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Boyo said:

Or callouts.  

A teammates line of sight.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, soFireFly said:

No.  If u throw a nade that hits nothing. U know they arent there. If it does,u know they're weak. Theres no decision tree here. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Joseph said:

giphy.gif

This would be cool if the grappling hook didnt have a ton of recovery time and if you could still attack while grappling. Otherwise it seems like you NEED a lot of height to have enough time to whip out your weapon.

3 minutes ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

I don't know if I would classify "bouncing a grenade around a corner" skillful. Plus it's not like there's a dearth of grenades around the map.

Not all nade bounces are the same! I think this is QOL and doesn't take much away from the hype/excitement/skill of a game. Like, Snipedown isn't a worse player now that grenades have hitmarkers. And it's not like me, one of the shittiest players, is suddenly a god cuz my grenades have hitmarkers. 

• Downvote (-1) 6

2 minutes ago, AlphaBenson said:

This would be cool if the grappling hook didnt have a ton of recovery time and if you could still attack while grappling. Otherwise it seems like you NEED a lot of height to have enough time to whip out your weapon.

Wouldn't be 343 if you could, though.

• Like (+1) 1

Man i legit feel like I'm the only one out here who is even a little hype for this game. Or at least waiting to see MP before absolutely trashing on it. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • Hooked 1

I don't hate it, but it's a pretty meh feeling. Still plan on playing it unless the MP looks god awful. 

• Like (+1) 3

I know 343 can't write a good story.

I know 343 can't make a good MP

And I now know the xbox series X isn't capable of delivering the game at a presentable state.

How can anyone be hyped for this.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, soFireFly said:

Man i legit feel like I'm the only one out here who is even a little hype for this game. Or at least waiting to see MP before absolutely trashing on it. 

Same feeling here mate, patiently optimistic. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, soFireFly said:

Not all nade bounces are the same! I think this is QOL and doesn't take much away from the hype/excitement/skill of a game. Like, Snipedown isn't a worse player now that grenades have hitmarkers. And it's not like me, one of the shittiest players, is suddenly a god cuz my grenades have hitmarkers. 

It levels the playing field between good and bad players. Sure, you might not be able to out BR Snipedown, but by dinking a grenade somewhere you managed to find him without even having to challenge him. You now know you can challenge him at least a shot up, if not more—again, without even having to risk challenging him on equal grounds.

Shot hit markers could definitely be described as a QOL improvement—sometimes it's tough to visualize how many shots (particularly with a burst-fire weapon) connected. But grenade hit markers absolutely are more than mere "QOL" improvements.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, soFireFly said:

What is it you are hype !bout exactly?

8 minutes ago, soFireFly said:

Here's my issue - you just clumped 5 completely different games together as though they are generic copies of each other. Titanfall/Apex I buy, but to blindly pile Overwatch Destiny and CoD together is really silly imo. No offense. 

I get your point, those games are not exactly the same, even if I would group Apex/Titanfall with Destiny and the more modern CoD's like Infinite Warfare still, they are aim down sights shooters with abilities if you focus on how their pvp is structured. Overwatch is very similar to Halo in catering to noobs, arguably Halo has to since it's a console game with decent size, same problem effects other games on that short list.

But try seeing it this way: I like the arena shooter part of the old Halo games (esp. Halo CE), and exactly that part of the game has been entirely replaced with modern gimmicks, abilities (pick up or not doesn't matter here) and trends from other popular games.
Halo Sprintfinite looks like a generic sci-fi shooter to me - nothing more, nothing less.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

2 minutes ago, soFireFly said:

I'm waiting to see MP gameplay, but you have to understand a lot of us have been hanging around on the edges of this franchise hoping Infinite would be the revival Halo needs. So to see something so aggressively mediocre or downright disappointing is kind of a real kick in the teeth. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 1