CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

5 Fucking years for this shit. And they say theres no sequel for infinite and they want to support this game for 10 fucking years. This piece of shit looking game? Bet a whole bunch of features are going to be missing at launch as well

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

2 minutes ago, SpitFlame said:

Guys I've figured it out. They're going for Halo 3 textures for maximum nostalgia.

Halo 3 has more detailed textures.

Wayyyy more detailed have you played MCC h3 on PC, that game looks amazing.

• Like (+1) 4

I expected nothing and I'm still disappointed.

This was an opportunity to really blow people away with what they have done since H5 launch and it just fell flat.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Just now, Sosa Baby said:

5 Fucking years for this shit. And they say theres no sequel for infinite and they want to support this game for 10 fucking years. This piece of shit looking game? Bet a whole bunch of features are going to be missing at launch as well

P o s t  L a u n c h  S u s t a i n

They'll add all the modes after about year five.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Just now, XaVi3r said:

I expected nothing and I'm still disappointed.

This was an opportunity to really blow people away with what they have done since H5 launch and it just fell flat.

"expected nothing and still disappointed"

Sums up 343,

17 minutes ago, Ramirez77 said:

Dude.  If nothing else this company is fucking amazing at subverting my expectations.

They come up with new ways of disappointing me I would've never even dreamed of.  Like it's legitimately impressive in it's own fucked up way.  Like damn if only they channeled that innovative energy into actually improving the game.

I wouldn't have ever even expected an AAA company to be bold enough to have lowest possible LOD driver settings as their default gun appearance.

They go through 'boneheaded design' bingo sheets like a laser scanner.

Halo Infinite still needs to confirm unskippable cutscenes and gamebreaking glitches but I'm sure it won't disappoint there either.

I'm personally trying to figure out how 343 gathered the idea that they're planning on supporting a game for a decade with expectation that their game will last that long, with the historical data that can very easily point out that 85% of the player retention falls off after just a few weeks/a month or two with every single one of their games; including their latest one. Where did that thought come from? There must be a ton of stuff we don't know about yet. 

• Like (+1) 1

someone explain to me the problem with grenade hitmarkers. why is that such a big deal? 

• WutFace (+0) 1

Just now, soFireFly said:

someone explain to me the problem with grenade hitmarkers. why is that such a big deal? 

You can gain so much information without putting yourself in a dangerous position to peek.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, SpitFlame said:

Guys I've figured it out. They're going for Halo 3 textures for maximum nostalgia.

No, hell no. That's just an insult. Halo 3's textures look infinitely better let's not get too crazy here.

2 minutes ago, soFireFly said:

Free information

• Like (+1) 1

I'm glad the majority's opinion on this game is that it looks like trash. Maybe it will get scrapped before release and 343 will get fired.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, -DeucEy- said:

I'm personally trying to figure out how 343 gathered the idea that they're planning on supporting a game for a decade with expectation that their game will last that long, with the historical data that can very easily point out that 85% of the player retention falls off after just a few weeks/a month or two with every single one of their games; including their latest one. Where did that thought come from? There must be a ton of stuff we don't know about yet. 

Is this where you scream "BATTLE ROYALE, BOIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS"?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1

I don't understand why Atriox is the only good Brute design they've put out. Did they hire a completely different artist for the rest? What is even happening there.

And this is not a Halo Infinite thing I've felt this way since Halo Wars 2.

1595526708545.jpg

50 minutes ago, washedfrank said:

Game looks fun, excited to see the multiplayer, what'd everyone else think? 

It's like seeing a car crash on the side of a mountain and slowly panning your view of it to see the mangled corpses within

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

You can gain so much information without putting yourself in a dangerous position to peek.

1 minute ago, TeeJaY said:

Free information

Why is this bad? You still have to be smart about your grenades.  Skill is still rewarded. 

• Downvote (-1) 8
  • Hooked 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

I guess to sum up some of my thoughts for today:
Halo Sprintfinite just looks like another generic shooter in the landscape of Destiny/Titanfall/Apex/Call of Duty/Overwatch/etc. While I usually don't care for the campaign of games the graphics struck me as they look unfinished or underwhelming - which I wouldn't truely care about if the gameplay was on point tho.
For multiplayer it just doesn't seem as unique as the old Halo games, now if you pick up a grapple from the map or not might make a difference but overall the entire package seems like every other trendy shooter out there these days, I just don't really see why I would play this tbh.

The good news for me is that Diabotical is right on the horizon, insanely high performance, simple graphics but yet looking better than what we saw today, 125 tickrate servers and most importantly listening to their community, even if it's smaller than the Halo community.
Just keep in mind, Halo is not meant to be a competitive game and never has been developed this way, somebody @mention me when the multiplayer stuff is getting announced, I am out for now as there is nothing of interest here for the time being!

• Like (+1) 1

Well if the rumor is true about halo infinite’s Multiplayer being free then it will last 

Just now, soFireFly said:

Why is this bad? You still have to be smart about your grenades.  Skill is still rewarded. 

I don't know if I would classify "bouncing a grenade around a corner" skillful. Plus it's not like there's a dearth of grenades around the map.