CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

26 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

I thought the HUD looked good.

The sound effects were decent. I could perhaps say I like them.

Just now, Humpflung said:

343 is trolling Halo fans and they do not care. 

I wish they really were trolling

I think what annoys me the most is how there's nothing new in terms of what the ENEMY can do. I think there was a jetpacking suicide grunts, but other than that it doesn't look like the enemies have got anything new to throw at the player themselves. And I think crafting new challenges is far more important than giving the player the ability to throw fusion coils when grenades already exist.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 2

WARNING: CONTROVERSIAL OPINION BELOW! READ WITH CAUTION.

looks stupid imho lmao

Just now, Ramirez77 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSKyUgMOgmU

That AR literally looks like what happens when you have a card that's dying / set the graphics as low as possible.

Really I'm just...blown away.

343 succeeded there I think. The Halo Infinite gameplay trailer did impress in many ways.

It left an impression for sure.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 3

Those screenshots are genuinely embarrassing. This is supposed to be your flagship title for a new console being released at the end of the year. Certain images look like Pre-Alpha footage. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Campaign's always had some kinda janky stuff, whatever they want to toss in there doesn't bother me much. Some of it looked pretty cool and other parts were meh. The open world/map overview aspects are intriguing. Graphics were really hit and miss, the fact the game needs to run on Xbox One is showing.

343's blog today says the grappling hook and Orisa shield thing are going to be map pickups in multiplayer rather than set abilities, which means they can be removed for competitive play, so that's good. Still hate the hit markers, still hate sprint but realistically that war is long lost...

Overall I thought it was an ok reveal, it just leaves me thinking that similar to Halo 4 and 5 it's a game I'll grind through the Legendary campaign for the challenge of it, hopefully enjoy it more this time around, and play multiplayer for a bit but lose interest relatively quick. There are so many good multiplayer shooters out these days and I can't stop myself from viewing Halo through a classic lens.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, darkstar said:

Do you really have any faith that 343 can make a good open world game? They’re incapable of making even a decent Halo game. 

The way I see it, there's no reason to get this game for Xbox series X. This could be a fun game on xbox one. Doesn't have to live up to the standards of Bungie's halos for it to be a fun game. I'm just trying to lower my standards.

Kids in H3 use to take amazing photos in game using the theater. Someone got paid to take / pick these out for promotional material for the biggest game leading up to the launch of the newest Xbox. 343 is incredible. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

There is too much left to show and explain but I wasn't impressed. I literally feel like I don't want to play this.

Artstyle is the same overdone, hard on eye stuff we've seen since H4. Story direction seems to be very unexciting, again ignoring what has happened before. Didn't like the "small drama" stuff in the pelican, was expecting simple, epic introduction that will make me want to jump in.

Gameplay seems to be Halo5.1. All that back to roots marketing is really just a familiar setting, the armour and color tones closer to H3.

I feel like there is no man with vision in 343, just robotic development and calculation. 

Oh well.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Sitri said:

c8fJWfm.png

I'm not sure how this is possible but that BR looks worse than the h2a BR when imported into h2v. I don't hate it or anything but idk how they manage to do this shit

• Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, Botheredhat360 said:

Graphics stopped improving 5 years ago.

Graphics stopped improving 5 years ago,

The Last of Us 2 Out NOW

• Downvote (-1) 1