CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

1 minute ago, Avenger said:

Did they seriously avoid scoping in the ENTIRE presentation??? They are hiding something.. These sneaks at 343 think they are slick :laughing:

They scoped once with that new rifle before getting descoped immediately.unknown.png

• Like (+1) 4

If you want a great game with a fun grapple mechanic there's always Doom Eternal.

• Like (+1) 4

Did they seriously avoid scoping in the ENTIRE presentation??? They are hiding something.. These sneaks at 343 think they are slick :laughing:

They scoped with the Commando rifle. Smart Scope out, descope still in.

• Like (+1) 2

I'm pretty sure there was one scope-in with one of the new weapons, and he was immediately shot and de-scoped. It was very quick

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Phade said:

Been a long time since I've been on the forums. But wanted to give my quick input.

I think first and foremost we need to separate campaign from multiplayer. They are different things.  To me that campaign looked fun. It's a new take on Halo, and the more open-world style could be interesting. I'm reserving some judgment there, but I'll likely spend more time on that campaign than I did on Halo 5. Sprint, Grapple-hook, all that stuff doesn't bother me in a campaign, and tbh depending on the design of it, the grapplehook could be a necessary addition.

As long as multiplayer's primary playlist AT LAUNCH is designed for competitive (no tools, sprint, radar, etc) and we have some good map design, it SHOULD be successful. Based on previous history, that's a big ask, but I guess I always hold out hope for it.

Note, I haven't followed all announcements of Halo Infinite, so this may be naive, but is there expected to be a Battle Royale mode? If so, then the sprint/grapple hook and things like that, make substantially more sense to me in a multiplayer fashion IN THAT MODE SPECIFICALLY.

WE BACK. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Boyo said:

Perhaps the Grappling Hook is only a single item among a class of movement enhancing items that Chief finds and equips over the course of Campaign.  

Well, in the demo he picks up that deployable cover thing, and when its used up, it defaults back to the grappling hook.

The thing that worries me most about the multiplayer reveal is bloom. It looks like the pistol had it and it makes no sense for bloom to be campaign only. It'd be hard to believe that 343 would go back to bloom after Reach, but they went back to sprint so we'll see I guess.

I don't really mind the graphics. The pop in and flat textures stood out, but I like a colorful game. Reach looked the worst to me because it was so military and gray.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Destroyaaa said:

I'm willing to give open world a chance. It can be fun. I recently played Assassins creed origins and really liked how it was done in that game.

Do you really have any faith that 343 can make a good open world game? They’re incapable of making even a decent Halo game. 

3 minutes ago, Avenger said:

They scoped once with that automatic gun and got descoped by grunts but it was the only time 

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Infinity said:

They scoped with the Commando rifle. Smart Scope out, descope still in.

!!!

Not surprised tbh, they're gonna pull a R6 Siege and have the game last 10 years.

This is a promotional screenshot from 343 themselves:

Q0Pw81F.png

This one someone made to compare the AR from Reach and Infinite:

R39lHpH.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 10

I can already tell the discussion for this game is going to be chef's kiss.

Just now, SkaSide said:

Q0Pw81F.png

R39lHpH.png

Why does that Brute look like he's very bored.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1

Just now, Botheredhat360 said:

Why does that Brute look like he's very bored.

How's he supposed to compete with a grappling hook that can throw a fusion coil at him - he already knows his fate

• Like (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 2

TBH I can live with sprint, I think clamber is a necessary QOL mechanic, Slide doesn't bother me, none of that. 

But holy shit, if this game has the same base bloom as Reach it will not be worth it at all. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 6

Very little incentive to play vs other people and more time directed at playing with 343s "toys".

I need to see multiplayer before I make a proper judgement. It looks ok gameplay wise but definitely saw things that irked me. The bloom on guns I noticed was a turn off and I’m hoping it’s like h4 where that shit was more visual than game effective 

2 minutes ago, PolyG said:

I can already tell the discussion for this game is going to be chef's kiss.

It's been like this for literally every halo release. 2, 3, Reach, 4, 5, and now Infinite. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

At least I had the decency to confine the throwing of fusion coils to a single weapon.  What kind of animal makes that a default ability?  

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, SkaSide said:

Q0Pw81F.png

R39lHpH.png

source.gif

• Like (+1) 7
  • Toxic (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SkaSide said:

Q0Pw81F.png

R39lHpH.png

343 is trolling Halo fans and they do not care. 

• Like (+1) 2