CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Just now, TeeJaY said:

You could give 343 infinite time and resources and they will still drop the ball. This company is shit.

That's why it's called Halo Infinite!

• Like (+1) 2

See, they had me in the first half with the menu. But once the demo actually started, yikes. Did anyone else get the impression that it looked almost... unfinished? Like the gameplay they showed off was from a build from 3 years ago and not 2020? 343 also carrying over their signature trademark of flat lighting and textures. The pop-in also didn't help. 

Guess I shouldn't expect much from a cross-gen, open-world, 60FPS title. But that was REALLY underwhelming. A big budget and new engine, and this is what we get? We need to see more. Cause that wasn't it, chief. 

• Like (+1) 5

The only franchise where I can set my expectations to -1 and still be less than disappointed. Sigh. 

• Like (+1) 4

Has it been said anywhere whether or not sprint will be in multiplayer? Pure depression. 

I like the idea of a lot of the new weapons. The pulse carbine and commando and the ravager or w/e that pistol was called that looked like a reinvented mauler all look like they could be pretty cool

• Like (+1) 2

Nothing like a classic Out BR to keep a competitive ego in the esports world.

"I cant wait to grapple you guys in multiplayer"

Gaylo

• Downvote (-1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 2

I can't stand the lack of blood. Shit looks like a cartoon

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Sody91 said:

Has it been said anywhere whether or not sprint will be in multiplayer? Pure depression. 

Its in

No need for any confirmation

Its in buddy

• Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, TeeJaY said:

I can't stand the lack of blood. Shit looks like a cartoon

Half the game doesn’t even look textured. 

• Like (+1) 1

I really wasn't impressed. I liked the weapons and the environment but the graphics were definitely not what I would have expected. As mentioned numerous times, I am not thrilled about sprint. The cut scene graphics look way better than the in game graphics.

I'm willing to give open world a chance. It can be fun. I recently played Assassins creed origins and really liked how it was done in that game.

• Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

I thought the HUD looked good.

I like how they finally grouped grenades in with your other weapons.

• Like (+1) 2

Been a long time since I've been on the forums. But wanted to give my quick input.

I think first and foremost we need to separate campaign from multiplayer. They are different things.  To me that campaign looked fun. It's a new take on Halo, and the more open-world style could be interesting. I'm reserving some judgment there, but I'll likely spend more time on that campaign than I did on Halo 5. Sprint, Grapple-hook, all that stuff doesn't bother me in a campaign, and tbh depending on the design of it, the grapplehook could be a necessary addition.

As long as multiplayer's primary playlist AT LAUNCH is designed for competitive (no tools, sprint, radar, etc) and we have some good map design, it SHOULD be successful. Based on previous history, that's a big ask, but I guess I always hold out hope for it.

Note, I haven't followed all announcements of Halo Infinite, so this may be naive, but is there expected to be a Battle Royale mode? If so, then the sprint/grapple hook and things like that, make substantially more sense to me in a multiplayer fashion IN THAT MODE SPECIFICALLY.

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Joseph said:

I keep thinking about what Ryanoob is going to do with that grappling hook in a 49-49 situation back against the wall 

Probably grapple a jetpack pickup to himself

• Like (+1) 1

Did they seriously avoid scoping in the ENTIRE presentation??? They are hiding something.. These sneaks at 343 think they are slick :laughing:

• Like (+1) 1

Perhaps the Grappling Hook is only a single item among a class of movement enhancing items that Chief finds and equips over the course of Campaign.  

• Like (+1) 1

I mean look: 8 years ago 343i wanted to do what Bungie did and couldn't - fast forward to 2020 and nothing changed.
The game looking like absolute garbage graphically doesn't help the gimmicky gameplay and bland looking titanfall/apex/destiny weapon clones either.

• Like (+1) 5