CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Does the game have normal scoping or smart scope??? Didn't really see. Also, this game looks so bad visually.. It took them this long to make this trash?

Initial Impressions 

That...was awesome.  Unobtrusive HUD.  Uncluttered environment.  Good looking movement and combat that didn’t seem to involve aiming down sights.  

The way Sprint was revealed was perfect.  Here’s a short burst right at the beginning to show you that it’s there followed by a classic looking environment and lots of non-sprint movement and combat.  

Grapple looked like a good way to transition between areas and has some combat uses.  With a more expansive environment to explore, this may be good choice.  The 3D map would go nicely with some RPG elements that an open world game could employ.  

8/10.  Impressed.  

The Brute speech felt weirdly fourth wall breaking like it was a self referential hype-up talk to 343 themselves.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 2

They could have atleast hyped the event with a BR equip. 5 minute demo and he really ran through the whole map with just a megadoodoo pistol.

Anyone else think the open world was really boring? Like random AI and geographically.

• Salt (-1) 2

23 minutes ago, Stoppabl3 said:

The worse thing is that they kind of had me for a few seconds. Then I saw it and was like yup. 

That's EXACTLY what I said. They definitely had me for a bit I'm like.. "No sprint? No recoil on the guns? Okay I think we can deal with th-- Ah, there it is."

• Like (+1) 2

Bruh there's so much pop-in in this game

HAHAHAHAHA I SAW SOMEONE GIVE THIS SHIT AN 8/10

So after 10 years of people not wanting sprint in halo.... They added a grapple hook ahhahahahhaha

Clowns honestly.

• Fire (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Initial Impressions 

That...was awesome.  Unobtrusive HUD.  Uncluttered environment.  Good looking movement and combat that didn’t seem to involve aiming down sights.  

The way Sprint was revealed was perfect.  Here’s a short burst right at the beginning to show you that it’s there followed by a classic looking environment and lots of non-sprint movement and combat.  

Grapple looked like a good way to transition between areas and has some combat uses.  With a more expansive environment to explore, this may be good choice.  The 3D map would go nicely with some RPG elements that an open world game could employ.  

8/10.  Impressed.  

The Brute speech felt weirdly fourth wall breaking like it was a self referential hype-up talk to 343 themselves.  

Troll? Are you being for real lmao

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, soFireFly said:

It’s really about creating Halo Infinite as the start of the next ten years for Halo and then building that as we go with our fans and community.”

^Well i don't like that at all lol

This is exactly what I expected, especially with the name. I need to watch that campaign reveal again, but If you assume multiplayer is its own thing, I'm totally down to play a Destiny-esque evolving campaign for a while. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, AlphaBenson said:

Chief went like 1% faster when he started sprinting. Whats even the point if you have a grappling hook?

That's a great thing imo. The grappling hook is its own can of worms but at least it looks like sprint could be less of an issue

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MultiLockOn said:

I thought the HUD looked good.

Except every time you got hit, big yellow hexagons come to say "HELLO THERE"

• Like (+1) 6

4 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

I thought the HUD looked good.

I hate the motion sensor rotating as you moved around. And how the icon representing the player is blue... against a blue background.

You could give 343 infinite time and resources and they will still drop the ball. This company is shit.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Salt (-1) 1

HUD and visuals look great. Looks like art style will not be a full reversion but a combination of old and new. Both versions of the Grunts, Halo 4 Warthog, Reach AR, etc.

A few hints about the format of the sandbox, with more weapons being moved to energy/venting ammo system. Carbine now uses energy and overheats.

• AR
  • "Sidekick" Pistol
  • Commando (Auto Precision Rifle)
  • Bulldog (Drum Shotgun)
  • Ravager (Pulse Brute Shot)
  • Mangler (Mauler/Magnum)
  • Pulse Carbine

Sprint, Slide, and presumably Clamber are in.

Smart Scope/ADS, Thrust, Charge, and Pound are presumably out.

I do not want people throwing Fusion Coils in Arena multiplayer.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2