CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Everyone who had 30 secs including myself, congratulations.

What did you win? Well, disappointment right on schedule.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 2
  • Toxic (+1) 1

I don't even know where to begin.

The only positive I'm taking from this demo is that... when this game enviably dies a quick and painless death this surely has to be the last strike for 343. The plug should have been pulled on them after the H5 failure. 

The advanced movement sprint/grapple looked out of place and slow. Why is it so hard to just bump the base movement speed a smidge. This game is suppose to be out within 5 months? Good luck. 

• Like (+1) 9

5 minutes ago, TBCT said:

When I saw sprint, I just threw my arms in the arm. Amazing, 343. Amazing. 

Sprint was always going to be in Campaign if it is open world. I think expecting otherwise doesn't really make sense. 

Just now, NAK said:

Sprint was always going to be in Campaign if it is open world. I think expecting otherwise doesn't really make sense. 

Chief went like 1% faster when he started sprinting. Whats even the point if you have a grappling hook?

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Basu said:

Half a billion dollar budget for this? 

It's 540 hours long. Please understand.

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, SpitFlame said:

I still can't get over how bad the graphics are. It looks like a Nintendo Switch game

To be fair there are 2 things here. 

1. If it is open world then the graphics are not going to be as hardcore as a standard Halo title. 

2. It is a demo 

So that's all I will give them there. But sprint is already all I need to know to stick with MCC and enjoy MW. 

2 minutes ago, SpitFlame said:

I still can't get over how bad the graphics are. It looks like a Nintendo Switch game

1 minute ago, Basu said:

It happens when it has to run on a console released in 2013 I guess. They should have really locked this to the series X imo, people would have been mad but this way the series X will look bad for its main title having graphics that look like at best 2015.

1 minute ago, Basu said:

Not even going to lie the graphics looked terrible. What happened to that "in engine trailer"? Such a fuck up. 

1 minute ago, Humpflung said:

It is a demo

bruh the game releases in 5 months, what you see is nearly guaranteed to what you get

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, AlphaBenson said:

Chief went like 1% faster when he started sprinting. Whats even the point if you have a grappling hook?

But this is good right? Sprint being slow makes Vehicles like warthog/goose more relevant. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Humpflung said:

1. If it is open world then the graphics are not going to be as hardcore as a standard Halo title.

Question: Have you seen any triple A open world game in the last 5 years on PC?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 4

11 minutes ago, AlphaBenson said:

Haha I mean I agree, but just stating that an open world game isn't going to be lack options for movement speed. I do think there is still a genuine chance 4v4 competitive won't have sprint or the grappling hook (and be classic in most regards). I don't expect it, but it could happen. 

Just now, Warlord Wossman said:

Question: Have you seen any triple A open world game in the last 5 years on PC?

Doesn't even matter. Games dead. Xbox series X is going to fail, and the series remains dead. Who cares at this point? 

Also people can't let controllers go either so. Everything about Halo is trash in the modern age.

My immediate thoughts were also "I expected nothing, I expected it to be bad, and it was somehow still worse than expectations."

Yeah let's break it down now.  I'll try to start with the things that I saw that struck me as positive or neutral...before tearing into it.

They seemed to take to heart some of the complaints about sandbox design?  I mean not speaking for competitive PvP obviously but there were at least a lot of interesting new guns that seemed to have unique functions, like that slow firing automatic rifle (it seemed automatic?).  Granted we haven't even seen all the guns and some of them seem burst fire just for the sake of it but...I'm just trying to be charitable, alright?

Picking up and throwing things like fusion coils is a neat gimmick.  I mean, a gimmick nonetheless, but neat.

Grapple just kinda screams gimmick, expectedly.  It had a really slow pull time and the range didn't seem to be great either.  Maybe that's a good thing though, multiplayer wise.  Aids in vertical travel but comes with significant vulnerability, not just people zipping around.

Sprint exists.

Sprint and slide seemed a lot slower, yeah.  Movement also seems kind of slow.  

Art Style is awful.  Everything looks so smooth and overly colorful, and half weapons were replaced with generic military looking purchased asset guns...just...why?  Like some last gen, total parody of the classic style.  Nature and some of the models weren't bad but most of the actual architecture / weapons / crates / etc. is just...bad.  Too colorful, too smooth, too reflective...looks like something someone made in Unity.

AI seems really bad.  Granted I'm sure this was also on easy difficulty but still.

• Like (+1) 9

Just now, Ramirez77 said:

My immediate thoughts were also "I expected nothing, I expected it to be bad, and it was somehow still worse than expectations."

Yeah let's break it down now.  I'll try to start with the things that I saw that struck me as positive or neutral...before tearing into it.

They seemed to take to heart some of the complaints about sandbox design?  I mean not speaking for competitive PvP obviously but there were at least a lot of interesting new guns that seemed to have unique functions, like that slow firing automatic rifle (it seemed automatic?).  Granted we haven't even seen all the guns and some of them seem burst fire just for the sake of it but...I'm just trying to be charitable, alright?

Picking up and throwing things like fusion coils is a neat gimmick.  I mean, a gimmick nonetheless, but neat.

Grapple just kinda screams gimmick, expectedly.  It had a really slow pull time and the range didn't seem to be great either.  Maybe that's a good thing though, multiplayer wise.  Aids in vertical travel but comes with significant vulnerability, not just people zipping around.

Sprint exists.

Sprint and slide seemed a lot slower, yeah.  Movement also seems kind of slow.  

Art Style is awful.  Everything looks so smooth and overly colorful, and half weapons were replaced with generic military looking purchased asset guns...just...why?  Like some last gen, total parody of the classic style.  Land and some of the models weren't bad but most of the actual architecture / weapons / crates / etc. is just...bad.  Too colorful, too smooth, too reflective...looks like something someone made in Unity.

AI seems really bad.  Granted I'm sure this was also on easy difficulty but still.

dude. I went in to this KNOWING it was going to be shit and STILL got pissed off and turned off the stream.

Hardcore competitive pvp has always been on PC, what did you expect I guess?
I mean the only reason I am not really disappointed is because I saw this coming, after 8 years of bullshit why expect anything to change right?

• Like (+1) 1

"don't worry guys this was only campaign it doesn't mean multiplayer will have sprint"

Biggest cope of life.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Simms (+1) 1

Whatever is going on in the bottom right for your "utility" is kinda interesting. LB and LT have their own utility triggers? Also, looks like "grapple" is a utility feature—one time use, but you can carry multiple hooks. Count goes from 2 to 1.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Warlord Wossman said:

Hardcore competitive pvp has always been on PC, what did you expect I guess?
I mean the only reason I am not really disappointed is because I saw this coming, after 8 years of bullshit why expect anything to change right?

I was hoping, BEGGING to have my expectations blown away. Nope. Didn't happen. I know my favorite FPS and community that I once loved is going to be dead forever, and I can at least know it is for sure this time. GGs bois.

We aint back

• Like (+1) 1