CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Holy fucking shit I've seen fnaf fan games with better visuals

Sprint is in

Enemy AI was literally braindead

R3tarded weapons

Grapple Hook is in

I expect nothing and I'm still disappointed. 

• Like (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, -DeucEy- said:

I was literally _waiting_ for the sprint. Damn it. Some of the guns look cool but

Sprint
Clamber
Grappling Hook... 

I'm not the BIGGEST fan of the first two but that first one... I literally hate sprint in Halo, that one mechanic ruins the entire fun out of the game.

The worse thing is that they kind of had me for a few seconds. Then I saw it and was like yup. 

• Like (+1) 1

Looked like they half committed to the Breath of the Wild approach. Mildly cartoony and open world map. 

So lets break it down. I'm indifferent to the graphics. Sprint seems... slow? Could be a bit of a silver lining even if its not what we really want

• Like (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

"IDC how much money they throw at tournaments for this game. If it isnt balanced I won't play."

This game needs a serious MLG team to get this game ready for any tournament setting.

Borderlands meta

I waited 5 years for a reveal only to feel completely completely underwhelmed after finally seeing gameplay. Now I just feel nothing. 

• Like (+1) 1

When I saw sprint, I just threw my arms in the arm. Amazing, 343. Amazing. 

Why did all the human weapons besides the AR look like pre-existing assets purchased from the Unity store?

• Like (+1) 1

I'm actually hype. Looks like it took Halo 5 movement and slowed it down. Speed was the major issue with H5's movement anyway right, so shouldn't this have been seen as a plus? 

At least to me, it has seemed obvious since 2016 that they were going to keep going forward with Halo 5's mechanics and improve on them. I think at the 4th title after Halo 3, we just have to live with sprint forever. 

And keep in mind we haven't seen MP yet.

• Like (+1) 3

Nobody is discussing the obviously unfinished visuals left and right, now I remember why I love this place

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, AlphaBenson said:

Why did all the human weapons besides the AR look like pre-existing assets purchased from the Unity store?

They murdered the pistol.

• Like (+1) 9

3 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

So lets break it down. I'm indifferent to the graphics. Sprint seems... slow? Could be a bit of a silver lining even if its not what we really want

Slide seems to not go as far either. 

And no one's mentioning the best thing - we haven't seen any spartan charge. pls no spartan charge. I would low key miss ground pound tho

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

More importantly, 33 seconds until sprint was shown.

What's to expect? They've turned Halo from a hybrid arena shooter into some bizarro-lore kid's Apex fanfiction 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Toxic (+1) 1

Just now, Sitri said:

So I had a question about this. that pistol def looked more like a sidearm and not the magnum. I really hope they don't fuck with the magnum :(

1 minute ago, Snipe Three said:

So lets break it down. I'm indifferent to the graphics. Sprint seems... slow?

Whole lot of nothing I would say, the speed of sprint doesn't really matter to me, hitmarkers give this an annoying modern touch since enemies already stagger or their shields light up when you shoot them. The grapple looked very basic, the throwing of the fusion coil looked like this is a nintendo switch title (I know the graphics do too but you don't want to talk about it).
Have not seen any interesting weapon but might have missed something there. In all honestly wait and see what they do for multiplayer but besides the grapple this is basically what I expected gameplay wise, just Halo 5.1

7 minutes ago, Warlord Wossman said:

I love how right now they show how 120 fps looks for this indie game, meanwhile no sign of 120fps for Halo Sprintfinite lmfao.

Halo sprintfinite. I'm fucking dead

Yeah watching the video starting at around 5:00 I'm pretty concerned with the bloom on that pistol. Those last two shots make it look like it may fire faster and that might be real bloom which is scary

Okay

What the fuck were they selling with that reveal?

Those weapons looked about as exciting as the Halo 3 missile pod.

The AI looked idiotic.

The visuals are boring.

The grappling hook is not a high stakes feature.

Ooooo a bubble shield you can shoot through.

That speech was corny and boring.

My god.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Fire (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sitri said:

3_5.jpg

I can't believe they made the Halo Infinite pistol in real life!

• Like (+1) 4